Gain stamina with kills or damage

• As of late there seems to be a stamina shortage.So I suggest thinking about the idea of letting players gain stamina when they damage a opponent or stamina on kill. Stamina on damage would probably be the smartest way to go, how much stamina? Well that depends on how much damage you do, more damage=more stamina. Think life leech, but with stamina.

Then again if you think people would have to much stamina and encounters would last to long from stamina on damage, make it only stamina gain when you get a kill\assist.

Thoughts?

• No.

NO.

NOOOOOOOOOOO.

Seriously man, just don’t always commit to prolonged fights and manage your stamina better. An aggressive play style > a defensive play style will always leave you with more stamina.

• Though with an agressive playstyle you can make a mistake easier.

• It is fine as it is now. What is this? Bloodlust?

• @Vesanus:

It is fine as it is now. What is this? Bloodlust?

There is only one playable character who could be capable of bloodlust and that’s the Mason Knight. :D

• @lemonater47:

Though with an agressive playstyle you can make a mistake easier.

Chiv has always favoured the aggressive play style. A persons mistake is their problem, but they are still in control. If you are skilled enough, you can eliminate the chance of making mistakes. While on the other hand with a defensive play style, an aggressive opponent has more opportunity as well as in game mechanics (feinting, parry during recovery, kicks, extreme mouse dragging, sneaky stabs etc.) to force a defensive opponent to make mistakes.

I feel you put yourself at your opponents mercy if you try to play defensively. Yes in some situations it can pay off and help you, but more often than not, an aggressive player will overwhelm you and force you to make a mistake. You are rewarded more if you always play aggressively is what I’m trying to say.

• Yeah Dokb but after going threw 2-3 people in team objective my stamina is pretty low to zero. Stamina on kill would remedy this. Thanks for the input!

btw I play aggressive as hell

p.s. Even if you play perfect your going to run out of stamina with the current system and end up getting stunned\hit.

• So you just butchered 2-3 people. You walk around, take a breather, don’t sprint anywhere and you wait for your stamina to regen.

How is that hard to do?

• @DokB:

So you just butchered 2-3 people. You walk around, take a breather, don’t sprint anywhere and you wait for your stamina to regen.

How is that hard to do?

Well the 4th person is right in your face no time for a breather. You have zero stamina, you played perfect but because the way the game is designed its time for you to get stunned and take damage and or die.

• @BandOfTheHawk:

@DokB:

So you just butchered 2-3 people. You walk around, take a breather, don’t sprint anywhere and you wait for your stamina to regen.

How is that hard to do?

Well the 4th person is right in your face no time for a breather. You have zero stamina, you played perfect but because the way the game is designed its time for you to get stunned and take damage and or die.

So… you got surrounded by 4 people and you expect to be rewarded for this?

This is all just theory, but the 4th guy was in the right. He pressed his advantage when you have little to no stamina left.

And no way would this idea be balanced against any MaA who could forever just avoid your attacks and throw his own your way when he knows he can get a hit.

• @DokB:

@BandOfTheHawk:

@DokB:

How is that hard to do?

So… you got surrounded by 4 people and you expect to be rewarded for this?

This is all just theory, but the 4th guy was in the right. He pressed his advantage when you have little to no stamina left.

And no way would this idea be balanced against any MaA who could forever just avoid your attacks and throw his own your way when he knows he can get a hit.

If its on kill then they would have to finish the job before getting any stamina and couldn’t hit and run as much, no you do not have to be surrounded by 4 people. You could run into 1 person at a time. You could fight 2 people and kill them, get shot by a archer go run to him kill him, then have a player run up and charge you right after but you have no stamina even though you played just right and die. I don’t think that is how the game should be. There should not be a time limit on your life because your in combat to long. Yes if you miss swings and parries good, yes your stamina should run out. But if you play well, no, only your opponents skill should defeat you, not a stamina timer so to speak.

So your arguing that if you play perfect the only way you should be able to survive is if your lucky enough to have a breather? I disagree and correct me if I am misinterpretation your point.

p.s. If you think maa would still be over powered then you could simply reduce their stamina gained vs other classes. And this would allow someone who plays well to not run out of stamina and keep maa in order.

• Playing perfectly does not mean you can just +forward your way through everyone and not expect to run out of stamina either.

I think “playing perfectly” does not exist per say. You cannot theory craft this sort of thing. But what IS safe to say is that you cannot just run around willy nilly chopping everyone up in a relatively short amount of time and expect to never run out of stamina.

• Playing perfectly would have you take into consideration that you will be very low on stamina by the time you kill the 3rd person leaving you in a bad position for the 4th person. Therefore you cannot take that path if you want to kill the 4th person. So you have to fight your battle in such a way so that you have enough stamina to kill the 4th person. Stamina regen starts quite quickly, all you have to do is backpeddle/avoid swings for a few seconds to recover just enough stamina to combo without misses… Do that in between each couple of kills and you have enough stamina to fight quite happily.

NEVER MISS.

• Sorry, but the idea of gaining stamina for kills in TO is just retarded once you think about the effects it has on the game. Maybe if you made some new gamemode like “Bloodlust FFA - The more you kill, the faster you heal/regen stamina” it could be a cool idea, but I’d never add it into an existing gamemode. If you kill 2 or 3 guys and there’s a fourth guy coming RIGHT AWAY, then you’ve obviously put yourself in a bad position. You’re being a Rambo running around alone trying to play it like CoD and get as many kills as you can, and you get outnumbered and killed. Then, instead of going “Okay, I obviously had that coming”, you instead say “Wow, there should be some poorly thought out and totally unbalanced and senseless mechanic so I don’t have to wait the LITERALLY 8 SECONDS it takes to regen a full bar of stamina. I better go to the forum about this right away!”

• @DokB:

Playing perfectly does not mean you can just +forward your way through everyone and not expect to run out of stamina either.

I think “playing perfectly” does not exist per say. You cannot theory craft this sort of thing. But what IS safe to say is that you cannot just run around willy nilly chopping everyone up in a relatively short amount of time and expect to never run out of stamina.

You do not need to forward+ to encounter consecutive enemies that will zero your stamina. Enemies spawn, they hide, its unavoidable.

I recognize that perhaps it would not be best to always be able to be in combat and never run out of stamina. That is on the fence. But I do think that as the game currently is, playing well needs some sort of stamina boost. Maybe not to the extreme I first mentioned of never running out.

Personally if someone in hypothetically played perfect(played very well :P ) I would not mind them never running out of stamina in any situation. BUT! A middle ground solution would be better then nothing, as it stands you have no problem with the way we run out of stamina? Well if you do your in for a surprise they are already reducing stamina cost for parry in the next patch, no I am not rubbing it in, just something to think about. This is another way to solve the stamina problem.

Ok so say there was a stamina drainage issue and say you agreed, like say everything cost double stamina. Do you think this suggestion would be a good way to give players stamina or do you think reducing stamina cost is the only way to go and why?

As far as theory craft everything here is hypothetical, it is a forum. It does not need to be exact just within reason.

Basically I believe 2 things
    1. This is a nice option for buffing stamina.
    2. There is a stamina problem as is.

From you what I can tell you believe.
    1. idk
    2. Current stamina system is fine.

p.s. you can leave spawn and encounter 3-4 people alone in seconds, I cant see through walls or trees

• Uhh okay. Putting that aside, what are your problems with the current stamina system? I’m finding it hard to picture what your exact issue with it is. Are you running out of stamina too quickly? Or do you feel like you should be able to fight through 4 enemies and not run out of stamina at one point? Mind you, this last point is very easy to accomplish, you just don’t always perform actions and you make sure you walk around for a few seconds to regen your stamina.

Because from the sound of it, it sounds like you are running out of stamina all the time. This is something which doesn’t require a mechanic such as stamina regained on kill, it’s called pacing yourself and being aware of your surroundings.

• @DokB:

Uhh okay. Putting that aside, what are your problems with the current stamina system? I’m finding it hard to picture what your exact issue with it is. Are you running out of stamina too quickly? Or do you feel like you should be able to fight through 4 enemies and not run out of stamina at one point? Mind you, this last point is very easy to accomplish, you just don’t always perform actions and you make sure you walk around for a few seconds to regen your stamina.

Because from the sound of it, it sounds like you are running out of stamina all the time. This is something which doesn’t require a mechanic such as stamina regained on kill, it’s called pacing yourself and being aware of your surroundings.

No I do not run out of stamina all the time and I gave you several examples of situations where anyone would run out of stamina or die for no reason on their part. Yet you ignore my examples, so I feel like I am having a discussion with a piece of wood. So unless you say anything intelligible this conversation is over. When someone lists certain situations where they run out of stamina that does not mean they always run out of stamina. If that was the case they would not give specific examples, they would say I always run out of stamina. You also didn’t answer a single question I asked. We have already established I think we need more stamina and you think stamina is fine. Now the for the other part….

Do you think gaining stamina with kills is a good way to buff stamina when stamina needs a buff or do you only want stamina adjusted by nerfing the amount of stamina costs to use certain actions?

• @BandOfTheHawk:

Personally if someone in hypothetically played perfect(played very well :P ) I would not mind them never running out of stamina in any situation.

I would. The thing that makes this game great for me, is its realism aimed approach.

Please no magical berserk abilities and that shit.

• Well apart from the insults, I felt I answered what I could (as hard as you were to understand with your horrible english and grammar).

If you’re going to act like a child then I guess we won’t continue with the discussion. Have fun with your idea going nowhere because having an on hit stamina regen is frankly stupid but I tried to refrain from putting it that bluntly.

• Try footwork and ducking more often instead of just relying on parry/block. It does absolute wonders for maintaining stamina and creating opportunities to decimate your opponents.
    I suggest practicing footwork and ducking in duels with a dagger :)