[CLOSED] July Contest - Poems.

• That’s true. If he had used the word soon then would have a much more accurate projection between 1 and 6 months.

• @Kimiko:

He said “following days”… So that could mean any number of days following the close of the contest… 1 day? 2 days? 30 days? 365 days??? gasp

You all have to wait 6372 days. MUAHAHAHA!

I kid.

I’ll post the winners sometime today.

• Remember Sidewinder, he said “sometime” today. So that means anytime between the time of his post and 11:59pm… But what time zone would that apply to? Could that be his time zone? My time zone? HAWAII’s time zone?

HALP!

(This is kind of fun)

• @Kimiko:

Normal Kimi crazy rambling

You’re going to drive Sidewinder up the wall. :D

(I should know, you drove me up it. : P)

• Christ, that’s also not even considering whether Keith is posting on Earth. If he is on say Mercury, that would be 58 Earth days. Oh my God. You’re not on Mercury, right? Right!?

• @Sidewinder:

Christ, that’s also not even considering whether Keith is posting on Earth. If he is on say Mercury, that would be 58 Earth days. Oh my God. You’re not on Mercury, right? Right!?

Exactly! See? We are kind of on the same wavelength here.

• So… Did User actually win, did Keith just give up because Kimi exploded his mind…? Is Pluto a planet?

These are questions that need answers!

• Mod

• WINNERS:

First place: User.

I enjoyed his poem and enjoyed even more the effort he put in.

Second Place: Calos112

His poem had a nice build up then managed to throw in some good humour in the end.

Third Place: Sidewinder.

This was really close between Sidewinder and Dudeface.

Dudeface was good but Sidewinder made a good poem about what seems to be the “average” poster. If anyone goes back and read it, remember this:

Despite what people may think, Torn Banner is always working on the game and trying to make it better. They’re always listening and they’re always working on new content or patches or anything. Now everyone may not agree with what they are doing but at least you can’t say they aren’t doing anything.

They always work hard, especially with the manpower and resources they have. They’ll continue to work on this game and always aim high for the success of it.

Lastly, even though Sidewinder used the word gay in a context that others use, I believe that people should refrain from calling something “gay”. Use other words instead because I’m sure that some of the gay members of our big, diverse community are not appreciative of how you use that word/term.

That also goes for any race, gender, sexual preference, etc. Don’t use words or say things that are offensive or puts down anyone. If you don’t like someone, ignore them, if you think someone is not that good at the game, then tell them in a way that is at least helpful.

There should never be a time where you attack a person’s character, especially because they may be different then you are.

Anywho, that’s all I wanted to say about that. Congratulations to the winners. Shoot me a pm with either your email or steam username.

• Congrats to all the winners. Just a point of clarification on my inclusion of the word “gay” and its context. I was trying to encapsulate a lot of what I’ve seen users post about. Observing that others use the word in a derogatory manner is not me condoning the use of the word in that manner but is just that, an observation.

• Good job all. Thx for the event.

• You should host another one of these based on a different theme (eg. Revenge, treachery etc. Something to do with medieval misdeeds :P) and not just strictly chivalry. I would have loved to take part in this one :P