Starting weapon position

• I think it would be cool to have different starting positions for weapons. For example, for 2hander bastard sword knight, you could have a up-high over the head position, so the sword could come down as an overhead with little windup, or a down-low position to the left position, to come up faster from the left for a slash, etc. Or a stab position, with the sword already held out in stab position, and then thrusted out very quickly.

Thoughts?

• Anyone?

• Seems like it would make combat overly complicated for the sake of complexity. I guess it would be alright to come into fights like this with a position/stance already taken, but they would need to be easily read.

Not a fan of the idea in all honesty, but for discussion’s sake I think you would need to be able to read the attack easily and not have glitchy animations if you were to combine feints.

• @DokB:

Seems like it would make combat overly complicated for the sake of complexity. I guess it would be alright to come into fights like this with a position/stance already taken, but they would need to be easily read.

Not a fan of the idea in all honesty, but for discussion’s sake I think you would need to be able to read the attack easily and not have glitchy animations if you were to combine feints.

I don’t see why complexity would be a bad thing if it’s done right. It would just add more layers to the game, which creates a richer gameplay and that increases the game’s staying power.