High tier 2v2 attack statistics

• just watched a match for #2 on the Australian ladder and the attacks were as follows
    (i counted to the best of my ability i may be off by 1 or 2 but even then the numbers should speak for themselves)

Stabs: 167
    Overheads: 4
    Slashs: 1

somethings wrong when one move is prevalent.

• stabs generally have the most range and is the easiest attack to use to get around a block…

range is dominant in team games.

Now, were you watching a match with all spear users? Because there is almost no reason to have that many stabs otherwise.

Stab count should still be MINIMUM 50%, but still…

Anyway, you can’t base all your thoughts on one set of data anyway.

• it was claymore and spear vs norse sword and spear, it was the facehugging feint stab off of the century

i guess your right why should u use any other attacks when stab hits immediately in the first millisecond of release and also has the most range, on top of its seemingly 2 frame animation,

• Those are 3 extremely stab based weapons.

• and thats what the meta game revolves around now

• @dotamachine:

just watched a match for #2 on the Australian ladder

link?

@dotamachine:

@dotamachine:

it was claymore and spear vs norse sword and spear, it was the facehugging feint stab off of the century

Maybe someone (or some four) are wrong when one move is prevalent, how there can only be 4 overheads when a spear is present is beyond me.

• spear= feint overheads till you land 1 attack then constantly hit trade stabs

i may have mistaken some overheads for stabs i was tallying on a piece of paper

also i was in the server dont think any one recorded it theres another 2v2 coming up in a week ill record that, ill probably be the only one not chain stabing

• @dotamachine:

spear= feint overheads till you land 1 attack then constantly hit trade stabs

That actually works? Australia is a crazy place indeed

• I see stabs and overheads 50-50 from vets and an insane amount of swings from less experienced players or in 1vsX.

Thats why I think the balance is fine in general.

• @Josh:

@dotamachine:

spear= feint overheads till you land 1 attack then constantly hit trade stabs

That actually works? Australia is a crazy place indeed

^

• The best tactic in live is to take a stab heavy weapon and ONLY stab, never combo. Im not surprised. Polearms and broadsword dominate the live version big time.

Just more proof that this so called “balance” patch was a complete failure

• @dotamachine:

just watched a match for #2 on the Australian ladder and the attacks were as follows
    (i counted to the best of my ability i may be off by 1 or 2 but even then the numbers should speak for themselves)

Well… If it was 2v2, It’s pretty clear why there was only ONE slash used. Slashes are too dangerous when a teammate is near. Overheads are better, but they also go from left to right or right to left, depending on combo-ing and usage of alternate overhead.

So the stab is the best attack for fighting with teammates near. At least in my opinion. Though I do overheads more… I only stab to engage combat. The greatsword’s stab’s windup is pretty long.

• @Peter:

Well… If it was 2v2, It’s pretty clear why there was only ONE slash used. Slashes are too dangerous when a teammate is near.

Not really… not on “high tier”-play.

• @CRUSHED:

The best tactic in live is to take a stab heavy weapon and ONLY stab, never combo. Im not surprised. Polearms and broadsword dominate the live version big time.

Just more proof that this so called “balance” patch was a complete failure

More people use vanguard swords than any of the pole arms. And with spears you might see about 2 or 3 people using a spear.

And lots of people are using the Norse sword over the broadsword. No idea why. I’m quite bad with the Norse sword but alright with the broadsword. But I like balanced out weapons.

• In your shit pubs anyone can use anything. Im talking about high tier play here.

• @CRUSHED:

In your shit pubs anyone can use anything. Im talking about high tier play here.

And the game is balanced for those shit pubs.

• @lemonater47:

@CRUSHED:

In your shit pubs anyone can use anything. Im talking about high tier play here.

And that is the problem.

• @CRUSHED:

@lemonater47:

@CRUSHED:

And that is the problem.

Of course. I mean only the majority of players play in pubs.

What exactly are your problems with the live patch. Personally I don’t like the facehug bubble. But overall the game is more balanced though not there yet. The patch made a different bunch of weapons OP.

And if people in competitive play all decide to pick stabby weapons that’s their problem. And 2v2. That’s not really team play at all. Its pretty much duelling. And we all know the game was never balanced for duels.

• @lemonater47:

Of course. I mean only the majority of players play in pubs.

What exactly are your problems with the live patch. Personally I don’t like the facehug bubble. But overall the game is more balanced though not there yet. The patch made a different bunch of weapons OP.

And if people in competitive play all decide to pick stabby weapons that’s their problem. And 2v2. That’s not really team play at all. Its pretty much duelling. And we all know the game was never balanced for duels.

Pubbies will always do whatever the hell they want, why try to balance the game around them? Everything will always be OP to them. So if you’re going to make balance changes, why not make them for the people who will actually, ya know….notice them?

The problems high tier players have with the patch have been discussed and discussed, I don’t want to beat that horse. You know why lemon, i’ve seen you in the threads.

Two vs two is very tactical, though the match referenced in this thread was oceanic. Their meta is strange to me, so 2v2 may not be as fast paced there? Either way, there is a problem if everyone only stabs, in TO, LTS, Duels wherever you wanna balance it, its still a problem.