The common rank bug…

• Is it possible to get your rank back to what it was before? I went from 9 to 46 after killing a level 46. Same time I got about 3 achievements. I want to earn ranks legit, people sometimes ask why I’m so bad at rank 46 lol

Kind regards,

arcane

• Many same threads(even in steam)… permanent rank bug? seriously? and u wanna introduce HELMETS FOR RANKLEVEL?poor 40lvls who spent many many hours for it.

\yh its good idea about helmets but please fix dat unfair thing

• Yeah I had exactly the same problem - I have been level 9 then suddenly I got KILLED and my rank jumped to rank 46… Don’t know why and I wish to have some fix, I tried to go into - My documents/my games/chilvary/UDKGame/Config/UDKStats and change some stats but it wont helped me :( Torn Banner PLEASE fix this

• I jumped from rank 32 to 45 before the balance patch in June. I also had a rank jump back in January. I don’t remember that one much, but I did jump something like 10 ranks in 1 kill.

This problem seems to occur more often now than before, and the cases I read about (here and in the Steam forum) seems to be worse everytime. Some people goes to rank 45-47 withing the first couples of hours of gameplay. It happens on both Official and private servers. My rank jump from 32 to 45 happened in the server Game of Thrones. My friend is an admin there, and he told me there was nothing wrong with the server that could have done that.

• I literally registered just to make a complaint about the same thing. I barely have 15 hours played and yet when I got onto a random server and got my first kill, I got leveled up to rank 39. Needless to say, my sucking at the game in contrast to my rank has been pointed out numerous times - which I really shouldn’t care about, but it has become frustrating. Any solution/fix for this bug would be much appreciated.
    Cheers

• I have the same issue, a few weeks ago I went from very low to 46, where it stuck since. Today I suddenly found myself with rank 5, then 6 then ranked up to 46 again. It is very annoying to be the highest ranking player without being particularly good at fighting, kind of like being black belt and getting beaten by yellow belts all the time. I would really appreciate if this could be addressed, or perhaps a reset button, or at least some feedback from developers and a promise that the issue has been noticed.

• Why its still not fixed? WHY?! You added rankhelmets but this is nothing considering that we have noobluckers with 46lvls n higher. FIX IT and CHANGE THEM LEVELS BACK. If rank means a certain amount of kills so thats must be easy to check and fix…

• @TruStylez:

Why its still not fixed? WHY?! You added rankhelmets but this is nothing considering that we have noobluckers with 46lvls n higher. FIX IT and CHANGE THEM LEVELS BACK. If rank means a certain amount of kills so thats must be easy to check and fix…

Slygoat has said they’re adding “sanity checks” on the servers for the leveling up bug. I’m not entirely sure what that means, but like a lot of bugs in this game that stick around I don’t think they know what’s going on either.

There’s a post where he responds to a question I had in the “ask TBS” section:

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=16400