How do I make use of kicks as knight?

• So I’m fighting a lot of good shield users lately, and noticing a problem. Even if I kick them while blocking, I’m so slow and the knockback is so hard I can’t close in and make use of it. Is there a trick to it?

• Are you holding down F? There are 2 types of kicks. Quick tap f and you do a little interrupt kick. Hold down F and you do a slower dazing kick. The second one is the one you want for shield users.

• @ChuckingIt:

Are you holding down F? There are 2 types of kicks. Quick tap f and you do a little interrupt kick. Hold down F and you do a slower dazing kick. The second one is the one you want for shield users.

I am. I’m landing the kicks fine, the problem is that when I kick them, they fly back like 3 steps and I can’t close in far enough to cut them down with my falchion.

• Hold down F or whatever you have bound to kick to do the shield stunning kick. If they have their shield raised when kicked then it will give them that special shield daze stun animation and should give you enough time to do an attack.

If you just tap F then you’ll get the fast knock back kick which doesn’t shield daze them.

edit: Mind you they have to have their shield raised when kicked to get dazed.

• Its a 2 second daze… In fact they are lowering the daze stun to 1.8 because its already way too long. May I suggest doing a look down overhead with the falchion to speed up the attack.

• Sounds like I was just accidentally using the knockback kick, not holding it long enough. I’ll try it out, thanks!

• My stomach turned at the advice found in this thread…

“Are you holding down F? There are 2 types of kicks. Quick tap f and you do a little interrupt kick. Hold down F and you do a slower dazing kick. The second one is the one you want for shield users.”

We have enough high levels using this to completely destroy shield users as it is, please don’t inform others about it.

“Its a 2 second daze… In fact they are lowering the daze stun to 1.8 because its already way too long. May I suggest doing a look down overhead with the falchion to speed up the attack.”

Lookdown overheads. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Speaking from a duelist point of view.

• @trooper:

My stomach turned at the advice found in this thread…

“Are you holding down F? There are 2 types of kicks. Quick tap f and you do a little interrupt kick. Hold down F and you do a slower dazing kick. The second one is the one you want for shield users.”

We have enough high levels using this to completely destroy shield users as it is, please don’t inform others about it.

Sure, let’s keep the mechanics of the game secret so that the new players quit and the good players have even more of an advantage. Please don’t tell newbies how to play the game, because people like trooper are afraid of them.

• Oi, never knew there were 2 kicks. :o

• I’ve been on a public mission to explain how to use stun kick to anyone who will listen since the patch, which is generous considering I almost always roll with a shield.

• A better question is, why play knight?

• I usually follow a kick with a thrust attack. If your weapon has a good reach, you won’t need to move closer to the opponent to get a hit.

• Yeah they need to add it to tips\tutorial.