If I get Chivalry, I don't need Steam. Right?

• Simply question…

If I get Chivalry here, I wont need Steam to use it… Right? I’m hoping so cause I strongly dislike Steam.

• Nope, you need steam to play the game.

• Oh. I thought I wouldn’t need Steam if I get here on the actual site and not Steam.

Well that’s stupid then… I thought I remember reading somewhere if you get Chivalry here, it’ll run without Steam…

• @Jusey1:

Oh. I thought I wouldn’t need Steam if I get here on the actual site and not Steam.

Well that’s stupid then… I thought I remember reading somewhere if you get Chivalry here, it’ll run without Steam…

Sorry, Chivalry is a Steam game. So even if you bought it on our website you still have to activate it through Steam to use.

• Steam is a very effective form of DRM. It works well and Not many people dislike it.

Steam isn’t that bad. Log in and play and you’re away. You can completely ignore every other thing about steam.

• @lemonater47:

Steam is a very effective form of DRM. It works well and Not many people dislike it.

Steam isn’t that bad. Log in and play and you’re away. You can completely ignore every other thing about steam.

I hate steam to be honest. If it wasn’t necessary for my games, I wouldn’t have it.
    Steam is doing much crap to me. Like crashing down, so I’ll get thrown out of the game, suddenly just downloading the english strings for chivalry without me even changing anything…

Oh and the support is sh!t.

• @Peter:

I hate steam to be honest. If it wasn’t necessary for my games, I wouldn’t have it.
    Steam is doing much crap to me. Like crashing down, so I’ll get thrown out of the game, suddenly just downloading the english strings for chivalry without me even changing anything…

Oh and the support is sh!t.

I feel the same way about when Steam crashes then the servers get all whacky… And then we get blamed :(

• On top of that youre now harresed with stupid ads everytime you exit a game…

• @Towe:

On top of that youre now harresed with stupid ads everytime you exit a game…

You mean that popup? You can disable that.

• @Kimiko:

@Towe:

On top of that youre now harresed with stupid ads everytime you exit a game…

You mean that popup? You can disable that.

Yeh, if you don’t want Steam telling about the practically FREE games has on sale once in a while. :D

• I’m a supporter of Steam. It reduces the space i Need for Game Boxes, it doesn’t use CDs which can get damaged or lost. You can build Groups and invite friends… The games are soooo much more cheaper when i buy them over steam instead of a regular Gamingshop, atleast when they’re on sale :P and did i mention they give you free Trials for Games every once in a while? Yeah, just like that, because you use this System.
    I would say give it a try, if you don’t like it at all, you can always uninstall it… no biggie.

• Steam is pretty great from the standpoint of a small game developer. It’s pretty much the best way to get your game out to as many people as possible. As a player I don’t mind it, rarely experience problems with it particularly compared to a lot of other online game services.

• Yeah Steam is terrible. If there wasn’t Steam I wouldn’t own half the games I do. Stupid Steam let’s me buy AAA titles for $3, cluttering my hard drive and stealing my precious time from the television. Damn you Valve!

• @BillDoor:

Yeah Steam is terrible. If there wasn’t Steam I wouldn’t own half the games I do. Stupid Steam let’s me buy AAA titles for $3, cluttering my hard drive and stealing my precious time from the television. Damn you Valve!

Thanks Obama!

• @BillDoor:

Yeah Steam is terrible. If there wasn’t Steam I wouldn’t own half the games I do. Stupid Steam let’s me buy AAA titles for $3, cluttering my hard drive and stealing my precious time from the television. Damn you Valve!

First World Problems :(

• Valve has a dark side that is worse than EA. You don’t want to walk down that path.

Support wise EA support is generally better than valve support. Valve support they pretty much say fuck you. With EA support they listen to everything you have to say and then say I don’t know how do fix it.

Origin Vs steam they are pretty much equal in user numbers. Looking at the growth charts origin would actually have 20 million more users than steam if it has continued its groth rate. But I think that has pretty much even out. Steam has hit 50 million total. The good thing about origin is that it seems to break physics sometimes while downloading meaning downloads speeds increase up to ten times as fast sometimes for extended periods of time. They seemed to have mostly fixed that now. At the realease of BF3 I had heard stories of people’s download speeds going into hyperdrive. Then saw it with my own eyes as my freind downloaded the game in just over 20 minutes on a supposedly 10mbps connection.

Both valve and EA show massive support for indie games. EA intially supported 86 indie games when they said they will do it at the beggining of the year.

Origin Seems more user freindly than steam though then again steam is a helluva lot more complex than origin is.

And the popularity of origin made steam do things like the workshop and stuff. Steam had no real competition before origin. There was things like the windows live market place but they never took off. But EA is EA and when they want something they get it. Competition between companies is always good for the consumer. Usually.

• @BillDoor:

They just won’t give us a break will they?

The other day I bought Saints Row the Third for $5, and now I gotta play all the way through that shit. FUCK STEAM. FUCK MY LIFE.

• Origin has improved a lot but EA is still evil. The sales on Origin are never as low as on Steam or GoG or GreenMan, etc. Still, at least it’s not Uplay.

• @BillDoor:

Origin has improved a lot but EA is still evil. The sales on Origin are never as low as on Steam or GoG or GreenMan, etc. Still, at least it’s not Uplay.

They also do 50-75% off.

• Yes but 75% off a higher price is a higher price. :P
    I stand by my statement - the games they have available are always cheaper elsewhere.