Rank 11 to 40

• I joined a server with “level” in the name, killed one guy and went from 28 to 40. Who knew that “level” means cracked shit server which should not exist. Running around with level 41 and 100 hours playtime sucks.

• Seems harsh to kick for “being bad when rank 40”. There are plenty of legit bad rank 40 players about and I haven’t seen them get kicked for it.

• Maybe you can put it in your playername. Like “name-rank11” . I know it isnt much but at least people will understand.

• Yeah, you know… I’ve NEVER heard TBS mention this at all. This is a pretty large bug, and it definitely puts the hurt on new players, and I’ve been hearing it more and more on forum and in game.

I know noobs in servers tend to argue “rank means nothing”, but rank means a lot in the eyes of players. If I’m dueling a level 11 I’m going to be slow and just play defense, make sure he gets some easy parries in. If I duel a level 40 I’m trying to kill him in less than 5 seconds normally.

In a lot of occasions you’re missing out on your learning possibilities because people already assume you know about things. No one’s going to give advice to a level 40 freely, for example.

So cmon TBS. What the hell is up with this, and can it be fixed?

• Just logged in and still rank 40, was hoping it would magically fix itself overnight.

Really lost interest in playing now, over half of the game for me was ranking up and see how my skill fared vs people my own rank. May fight Steam for a refund, this is unacceptable.

@Tanta:

I joined a server with “level” in the name, killed one guy and went from 28 to 40. Who knew that “level” means cracked shit server which should not exist. Running around with level 41 and 100 hours playtime sucks.

How do you think I feel, I have played around 10 hours and now I am magically rank 40 because of some faggot ass cunt. My game experience is now completely ruined.

• Rank has little to do with experience or time played, since you rank up so much faster in FFAs, so it really doesnt mean much.

The biggest issue would be to not be able to join noobservers anymore imo…

• A few days after CU1P2 was released my rank jumped from 32 to 45. Would be nice to revert back…I’d even rather just restart at rank 1.

• I jumped from 36 to 38 and even that miffed me a little. I personally liked to see my rank as my time invested and it further affirming that I got my moneys worth. Seeing a false number is just disheartening. I can’t imagine going from 11 to 40 and getting kicked for “not being a good level 40”, truly disgusting behavior. Has TB even once commented on this?

• They probably won’t comment on it. If they were to reset his rank they’d need to do it with everyone who has the same problem, I’m not sure they’d give one guy special treatment. The only other way would be to rollback the servers but then everyone gets screwed. What I don’t get is why this bug hasn’t been fixed sooner. I have 2 accounts now one is rank 42(Fake) the other is Rank 29(Real) I went from rank 10 to 42 on my other account so I had to rebuy the game just to reset my rank.

• inb4 “It’s a steam issue, it isn’t up to us”.

• @bootyhorn:

A few days after CU1P2 was released my rank jumped from 32 to 45. Would be nice to revert back…I’d even rather just restart at rank 1.

Yea I wouldn’t mind a full rank wipe either. I have no urge to even play with my friends right now, it is really bumming me out.

• @Twitchious:

Just logged in and still rank 40, was hoping it would magically fix itself overnight.

Really lost interest in playing now, over half of the game for me was ranking up and see how my skill fared vs people my own rank. May fight Steam for a refund, this is unacceptable.

@Tanta:

I joined a server with “level” in the name, killed one guy and went from 28 to 40. Who knew that “level” means cracked shit server which should not exist. Running around with level 41 and 100 hours playtime sucks.

How do you think I feel, I have played around 10 hours and now I am magically rank 40 because of some faggot ass cunt. My game experience is now completely ruined.

I got this bug as well, although it was from 34 to 45 (later 46 and now legitimately earned lvl 47). There is unfortunately no going back to your original level, that has been overwritten in the database by the buggy level. I played Red Orchestra 2 back when it was released and that game had a similar bug with transfer of levels and experience to other players the first months. It is through no fault of those other players, it is definitely a game bug. Tripwire had to reset all stats after they fixed their bug in RO2, so I fear that even if TB fix this they only have the reset stats option for people like us who have been afflicted with it.

As such I would rather keep my lvl, because I really don’t feel like having to level up weapons again if the stats system was reset, and I also feel quite confident that I have skill enough to live up to my unfairly earned levels.

• I’ve had the bug too, admittedly I was rank 42 or 43 and got bumped to 45, then legitimately earned 46.

Everytime I see a level 40+ that isn’t one of the regulars I know, I just presume they’re a low level with the glitch, 90% I’m right.

The glitch happened to me on a Games.on.net server in Aus. I had played on Multiplay servers pretty much ALL the hours I had put into the game with no hint of the rank glitch, but after one match in the g.o.n TO server, bam, level 45.

While I’m personally not fussed as I would’ve reached that level eventually (though with more hours put into the game) I feel sorry for the new players as it’s creating a bit of a hassle for them.

I have looked into it a little bit, but it seems like it actually has overwritten the stats.ini file in steam and on your computer, so I don’t know how it’s going to be fixed.

• @NaTe:

I’ve had the bug too, admittedly I was rank 42 or 43 and got bumped to 45, then legitimately earned 46.

Everytime I see a level 40+ that isn’t one of the regulars I know, I just presume they’re a low level with the glitch, 90% I’m right.

The glitch happened to me on a Games.on.net server in Aus. I had played on Multiplay servers pretty much ALL the hours I had put into the game with no hint of the rank glitch, but after one match in the g.o.n TO server, bam, level 45.

While I’m personally not fussed as I would’ve reached that level eventually (though with more hours put into the game) I feel sorry for the new players as it’s creating a bit of a hassle for them.

I have looked into it a little bit, but it seems like it actually has overwritten the stats.ini file in steam and on your computer, so I don’t know how it’s going to be fixed.

Yeah I went from rank 37 to 45 and now I’m up to rank 46. It was definitely on a Games.on.net server.

• @Dr:

Yeah I went from rank 37 to 45 and now I’m up to rank 46. It was definitely on a Games.on.net server.

It’s interesting indeed, as I said earlier, I had played most of my hours on Multiplay/servers other than GON without this ever slightly happening, I’d like to know what differences there are in the config files etc, as there must be something going on in the background.

• @NaTe:

@Dr:

It’s interesting indeed, as I said earlier, I had played most of my hours on Multiplay/servers other than GON without this ever slightly happening, I’d like to know what differences there are in the config files etc, as there must be something going on in the background.

I’ll check with one of the senior admins there.

• Ugg fuck this shit. I was playing and some fag was calling me a hacker for being rank 40 with only ten hours played. Was yelling about how he was going to report me and shit, which I know won;t do anything but it is fucking annoying.

Seriously fucking pissed off now. Fix your goddamn fucking shit.

• @Twitchious:

Ugg fuck this shit. I was playing and some fag was calling me a hacker for being rank 40 with only ten hours played. Was yelling about how he was going to report me and shit, which I know won;t do anything but it is fucking annoying.

Seriously fucking pissed off now. Fix your goddamn fucking shit.

While you are understandably annoyed at this glitch, there is no reason to be using such foul language on the forums.

If you start posting like :
    Destructive (Unacceptable) “FUCK YOU GUYS. YOU SUCK, YOUR GAME SUCKS. YOUR MOTHER SUCKS. I HATE TORN BANNER.”

As stated in this sticky thread: http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13052

You’ll just end up getting this thread locked, which is not what we need.

If anyone from TB has any insight on possibly causes for the glitch, that would be great!

• Hey guys, so I created an account just to post a reply stating my experience. So I purchased the game yesterday in the steam store while it was on sale. Well after starting the game and playing a few matches I randomly started to get error messages when trying to join specefic servers, saying " Your rank is either to high or to low to join the game" I, being a new player, had no idea what this meant. Suddenly a good friend of mine who has had the game forever stated that some how i had jumped stright from a level 0 to a level 40. I have no idea what happened, but because of the bug I am being effected when trying to play the game I payed for. I had never leveled up, an now i wont get the opportunity to play the game as it was meant to be played. I have already been kicked from numerous games because of my Level 40 status and there appears to be nothing i can do :/ ……

• @NaTe:

I seriously doubt that it is a server that is causing this.