Character Appearance

• I’m sorry if this has been discussed before, I looked around but couldn’t find anything.

I think it would be neat to be able to customize your character’s appearance, perhaps even individually for both factions. This includes different hairstyles, facial hair, hair color and of course the face. It certainly wouldn’t be a game changer and I can already foresee people pondering to themselves just how useless this would be, but in my opinion it’s often the little things that make a game more enjoyable.

However, there’s the matter of helmets. If people were given the option to remove their helmets in exchange of displaying their glorious hair, it would serve as a disadvantage to them. So, I don’t know how one would go about that. If their appearance can only be seen when their helmets are knocked off, it would render the whole deal with appearance kinda redundant.

Unless of course you were to find your friend’s severed head on the battleground and laugh about it over Skype. Maybe then it would be a nice addition after all.

• Customization is in beta now and will come within a month or so.

• @Towe:

Customization is in beta now and will come within a month or so.

Oh. I had no idea they were already working on this.

• Well, customization will be restricted to choosing different colour patterns on your armour and picking different emblems to be shown on shield and surcoat. Nothing like changing hair or facial features. But you will have the option to play without a helmet, without any penalty. Clothes and armour in this game are purely aestethical.

• Keep an eye out on the official news forum section as that’s where you can find out stuff like this :)

viewforum.php?f=2

Or our official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Chivalrythegame

Or our Steam community hub: http://steamcommunity.com/games/219640

• Right now it seems like armor customization only. You should also be able to customize your face (important) and your weapons (less important).

As new helmets seem to cost money the weapon customization could go the same way (face customization should be free for the most part). You could even add the female model many people want. But make it costly - otherwise Chivarly will be populated by more Amazons than male warriors (maybe even limit the model to rank 50+).

• @Evil:

Right now it seems like armor customization only. You should also be able to customize your face (important) and your weapons (less important).

As new helmets seem to cost money the weapon customization could go the same way (face customization should be free for the most part). You could even add the female model many people want. But make it costly - otherwise Chivarly will be populated by more Amazons than male warriors (maybe even limit the model to rank 50+).

I’m not particularly interested in a female model, but if it’s necessary they could change one of the classes to be a female model for permanent. Maybe Archer or MAA.

As for the customization of your character’s appearance, it seems to be something that’s totally viable if we were to quote what SavageBeatings said.
    @SavageBeatings:

But you will have the option to play without a helmet, without any penalty.