Ideas for new weaopns

• What weapons would you like to see in Chivalry?

There is one map(I forgot the name) that is just Arab city. And there is also a post in this topic:

If you followed the lore of the game there is a third faction. The Tenosians. Middle eastern culture.

Pretty much the tutorial mission is when they go off on a crusade to Tenosia. And the mission hillside is when they last of the agathians come back from ther defeat in Tenosia only to find that things are worse back home.

There is an expansion coming out. Who knows what’s in it.

So I’d like to see Katar in game. It would be weapon with 100% fast, 35% or 40% or even 50% damage and short length(like all daggers). And you would fight with this weapon like with fists. The best thing for MAA :)

Yeah, I know this is India weapon, not from the Middle East, but Katar would be wonderful.

Arbalest - crossbow stronger than the heavy crossbow. What about 100% damage, trajectory more straight than the heavy crossbow and very, very slow speed(2% or maybe 1%).

What do you think about my ideas? Do you have another ideas for new weapons?

• A cutlass so I can live a pirate’s life while cutting down archers and MAA with it.

True the falchion is a more primitive and earlier version of the Cutlass but it doesn’t have the awesomeness factor of a Cutlass.

• I think the katar wouldn’t really add anything in the game that isn’t already being done by another weapons. Plus it’s more indian / eastern in origin rather than arabian.

The arbalest is pretty much fulfilled by the heavy crossbow. As of now, a headshot with the heavy crossbow is able to kill a knight. No need to produce one that can do that on a bodyshot.

• You wouldnt be able to parry with it, question is if anyone would use it then. (Katar)

• Extreme speed(100%), 50% damage and very small length and no blocking ability. It is good deal so I should enjoy this weapon.

And blocking would not be necessary. With 100% speed I would spam the opponent to death and he won’t be able to strike me. With damage 50% he will be dead quick. Oh well, if he will keep distance, I will be dead instead of him. Plusses and minuses.

• I’d like to see more two-handed MAA weapons. Maybe have 1 or 2 successors for the quarterstaff.

• By the way, I don’t understand why blocking with katars would be unavailable? Just cross your katars and block the incoming strike. If you can block with dagger, you would also block with katars.

• 50% damage with a Katar?
    Rofl sounds decently OP to me.

Why not add hidden blades? :P
    100% speed, 100% damage and 20% reach. Totally balanced. :roll:

@SirQuickturnDaCoward:

I’d like to see more two-handed MAA weapons. Maybe have 1 or 2 successors for the quarterstaff.

This is actually an idea I like. I love the Quarter Staff and would enjoy using more of that kind. :)

@lllAnteklll:

Extreme speed(100%), 50% damage and very small length and no blocking ability. It is good deal so I should enjoy this weapon.

Yes YOU would enjoy this weapon. Everyone else would hate it to death.

@lllAnteklll:

And blocking would not be necessary. With 100% speed I would spam the opponent to death and he won’t be able to strike me. With damage 50% he will be dead quick. Oh well, if he will keep distance, I will be dead instead of him. Plusses and minuses.

Great, even more stab-spamming MAA abusing the retarded upper-body movement when running at full speed and stabbing. No thank you.
    And 50% damage is just retarded I’m sorry. The WarAxe had 51%, the Claymore has just 41% damage.
    How is that balanced that these little fingerknives do equal or even more damage than an axe or a fucking sword?

Your proposal shall be reworked or barred. People like you make TBS do stupid stuff like Claymore + Bearded Axe speed = 67%. No. No no no no no.

• Oh, 50% damage is really too much. So maybe 30%?

Lol, I was very mad with this 50% :D

• @lllAnteklll:

Arbalest - crossbow stronger than the heavy crossbow. What about 100% damage, trajectory more straight than the heavy crossbow and very, very slow speed(2% or maybe 1%).

The Heavy Crossbow already is this weapon. Also ranged weapons stronger than the Heavy Crossbow would be unhealthy for the game (see Handgonne).

I feel the Katar is still too exotic for Vanilla Chivalry and wouldn’t really add something new. Of course you could add more daggers (Rondel Dagger, Swiss Dagger etc.) but they would be too close to the ones that are already ingame. Maybe as different models for customization purposes only (the Katar could be an exotic model for the Broad Dagger if you want such a thing).

• Repeating crossbow - no need to reload, weaker than pebbles but mid-long range with high speed.

Dual weapons - would be cool for vanguards to have an alternative option to twohanders is to wield two weapons at the same time with increased speed, reduced damage and longer parry duration.
    Kinda fits their berserk nature as well.

Flaming arrows - should be enabled already!

Whips - not sure which class would have it but the way I see it it would be swung above the head like a sling until released quickly making it unpredictable, long range low damage vs high armor.

Shotgun - double barrel, for killing those damn MAA. well maybe not.

Finally… though, and very seriously… INSTAGIB - but instead of the infamous gun… make LIGHTSABERS! perfect for instagib mode ^^… best thing ever since sliced bread.

• @lllAnteklll:

By the way, I don’t understand why blocking with katars would be unavailable? Just cross your katars and block the incoming strike. If you can block with dagger, you would also block with katars.

You can’t really block with the blade of a katar unless the strike perfectly hits the edge straight on. Otherwise it will will just rotate in your grip.

• @TheUndying:

@SirQuickturnDaCoward:

I’d like to see more two-handed MAA weapons. Maybe have 1 or 2 successors for the quarterstaff.

This is actually an idea I like. I love the Quarter Staff and would enjoy using more of that kind. :)

Maybe the two-handed flail? Since it’s more of a peasant weapon than the military flails of the knights, it’d fit better with the MaA - and you fight with it similarily to the staff.

[image:3ra8istr]http://www.wulflund.com/img/goods/en/medium/flail_hussite_war_weapon_b.jpg[/image:3ra8istr]