New Game Suggestions

• I was forwarded to this forum when it comes to new game suggestions.

This game seems to have everything I think most games lack. A good combat system.

So, just to make this short. My favourite game of all time is…wait for it. Tribes 2 and Tribes : Ascend. What the hell is that you might be thinking…Jetpacks. I still believe in that concept, just that people have been thinking a bit too streamlined about it.

What I wanted them to do in every Tribes game was to make a game with jetpacks and mostly melee weapons and some very few projectile weapons which has to be projectiles that are flung through the air and not the typical aim and hit. Every player would have to be good at calculating the speed of projectile and impact. projectile weapons must never be a point and shoot thingy, it kills a lot of games. Not up for discussion.

Anyhoo, the rest of the game is capture the flag pluss other modes of course with lots of melee weapons and ways to make Your character look badass. It doesn’t have to be a sci-fi game, but it would be coolest that way. To make it more than the Tribes games, I would add a way for the soldiers also turn into a ball and roll on the ground and possibly into holes like ninja moles. Yes, it would be fun! It would be the fastest FPS ever. Think about flying up into the sky and fall rapidly and turn into a ball which rolls fast as heck boucing away and someone slam dunks you… maybe not the last part. ;)

Other stuff:

• If you’re turned into a ball, others could put you into their guns and fire you away. First as a ball, but then you press a button while in the air and you become a huge shuriken like projectile (or not).

• Also a great way to reach the end of a map really fast.

• Your character does not die unless both arms and legs are chopped off. Which would make the combat system even more interesting. And killing an enemy might not always be the smartest thing to do. Of course, they could always turn into a ball and scurry away…but also that would be more difficult since they would be less round…and maybe the best would be to be put into a gun and fired away. Or you could cut off your leg. Of course, that would be a bit hard to do and maybe difficult and funny to watch someone falling over trying to do so. Or it could just be annoying and not a good idea.

This is just sketch of a game concept I like and hope some day someone turns into a functional great game. Some might say, “oh, that would require a hell of a lot of buttons”. But not really, it’s just a matter of thinking smart.

• I think one of the devs shared your thoughts about jetpacks. And he made a thread about it on one of the mod sections. There’s four of them. I’ll try and find it.

Edit: Here it is viewtopic.php?f=51&t=14532.

• @lemonater47:

I think one of the devs shared your thoughts about jetpacks. And he made a thread about it on one of the mod sections. There’s four of them. I’ll try and find it.

Edit: Here it is viewtopic.php?f=51&t=14532.

Wow, there ARE more of us… :-D
    Thanks!