Feinting post-patch

• @NabsterHax:

Why do all options seem to imply feint should only stay the same or get nerfed more?

Because I am a close-minded sophist, that’s why.

I edited this poll to include a “buff or revert to pre-patch” option before I went to go get icecream and now all of the votes have been reset.

Anyway a buffed feint is what you guys have your stupid promod for.

• Somene here in the forums had the nice idea that each faint reduces the damage done by the following attack. I think that’s a really good idea. Faint-spam would be not as effective anymore and no more stupid zweihander-faint-lookdown-overhead instakills. And it’s even more realistic, since you can’t put all your force into the hit anymore.

• I think they should make it easier to hold windup by pulling away from the swing. eg if its an overhead look up.

This would enable people to better accelerate or decelerate attacks to try and get around the parry window time duration.

As it is only the slowest weapons have some degree of chance to be able to slow an attack enough to be able to have the parry window pass.

Once this was fine tuned and achieved then current feint mechanic could be abolished as what you achieve by slowing down or speeding up an attack is a feint.

• @FALCONPUNCH!:

Too easy huh? Even a broadsword stab or bearded axe overhead? You must have a good connection or great reflexes.

I can actually read broadsword stab feints consistently because of the new feint window + new stab animation.

I was fine with the feints pre patch, i guess you feint hater crybabies never get their feints nerfed enough.

It was one of those things that made the difference between a top duelist and a very good duelist

seriously most of these feint haters fall for the WORST feints possible, its not even a feint more of a twitch and they parry like mad, i love it lol

• I actually don’t find feints that horrible because I play MAA now and try to evade rather than block attacks, mostly because of feints. But I have killed a lot of players that I consider better than myself with fast weapon feints and it feels cheesy when I do because the payoff is huge, and the effort it takes to successfully execute a feint far from equates the effort necessary to read the attack. I see rank 40+ clanned players still fall for it at close quarters, especially during a combo or in the heat of battle (game balance shouldn’t revolve around 1 v 1 duels). Besides guessing, there’s no real way to punish someone for feinting either when they have first attack advantage. But I am not a top duelist so I will give you some time to dust the cheetoes off your hands and respond before I make a bigger ass of myself.

I think they should make it easier to hold windup by pulling away from the swing. eg if its an overhead look up.

This would enable people to better accelerate or decelerate attacks to try and get around the parry window time duration.

As it is only the slowest weapons have some degree of chance to be able to slow an attack enough to be able to have the parry window pass.

Once this was fine tuned and achieved then current feint mechanic could be abolished as what you achieve by slowing down or speeding up an attack is a feint.

This is a great idea.

• Feints are (more) readable right now but you need to stay cool and react in time. Pulling off a successful feint also needs more work than before as mindless feinting won’t work anymore.

Its much better than before. But: Feinting out of a combo does prevent you from parrying while still letting you attack. Thats just inconsistent and thats why voted for minor tweaks (tweaks to feint alnog with tweaks to combo/panic parry - the CFTP issue).

@CRUSHED: A really good player should be able to read feints consistently (with a minor error rate). Otherwise the only counter to feints would be pure luck. Feinting should be as hard as reading feints and thats the case right now (as far as I can see). And reading feints should not be reserved for top players.

Yes there are those anti-feint-scrubs calling feinting a “lame” tactic and refuse to learn how to counter it. They will try to get feints removed or nerfed to uselessness no matter what. Just like every other anti-<put a="" random="" feature="" here="">-scrubs.</put>

• @Evil:

Otherwise the only counter to feints would be pure luck.

not this shit again

• @FALCONPUNCH!:

@NabsterHax:

Why do all options seem to imply feint should only stay the same or get nerfed more?

Because I am a close-minded sophist, that’s why.

I edited this poll to include a “buff or revert to pre-patch” option before I went to go get icecream and now all of the votes have been reset.

Anyway a buffed feint is what you guys have your stupid promod for.

So I guess prepatch chivalry was stupid, the better version of the game? Because that’s what it is right now. And so I guess I was right, you are anti-feint. If so, fuck off you guys already hurt the live game enough.

• @CRUSHED:

@Evil:

not this shit again

It’s hopeless CRUSHED… they’ll never get it. All we can say is what we know, that is, it’s skillful not luck and then walk away because they’re too stubborn to consider themselves wrong. Even when they really should listen to a guy like you.

• @Jstorm:

@CRUSHED:

@Evil:

not this shit again

It’s hopeless CRUSHED… they’ll never get it. All we can say is what we know, that is, it’s skillful not luck and then walk away because they’re too stubborn to consider themselves wrong. Even when they really should listen to a guy like you.

Can we get this straight please.

If you take attacking out of the equation, reacting to feints in many situations IS pure luck.

• @Bloodhead:

If you take attacking out of the equation, reacting to feints in many situations IS pure luck.

No, I and I’m sure CRUSHED can just parry them all the time. Hell, it’s even become part of my strategy to just parry feints because they’re so easy to read now and the maul is too slow to interrupt a combo feint against a 2 hander now because of the retarded flinch time.

• @Jstorm:

@CRUSHED:

@Evil:

not this shit again

Okay you have convinced me through this message you could have easily sent via PM to Crushed. JUST TALK ABOUT US LIKE WE’RE NOT HERE

So I guess prepatch chivalry was stupid, the better version of the game? Because that’s what it is right now. And so I guess I was right, you are anti-feint. If so, fuck off you guys already hurt the live game enough.

In the month of our lord June 2013 the rightful rulers of Chivalry suddenly came under siege during the middle of one of their masked, ritualistic circlejerks by a flagging, desperate legion of filthy casuals determined on soiling the game for their own nefarious ends. The disgusting casuals, covered in their own feces and with barely enough upper body strength to wield their $5 microsoft keyboards, carried with them a piece of the true cross which apparently made god smile on them and the holy city was breached in one horrible patch, forever blighting the land.

I’m not really sure what you want me to say; this poll isn’t really about me. I play usually play aggressive and feinted last patch until people started calling me out and saying it was cheap. I didn’t meet a single player who I couldn’t cheese on some level with feints. So I stopped relying on feinting and felt like I became a better player. This patch, I started feinting again and have had a similar result, so I stopped for a while. Maybe one in every hundred players I duel can reliable predict a random feint, which are easy to execute. Then I come on here and people say stuff like “any idiot with half a brain could predict feints.” I think someone with structural damage to either cerebral hemisphere would have a hard time perceiving the colour of their team, let alone judge feints. Balancing the game around what we can reasonably expect from the majority of the playerbase is not what’s wrong with America, saying that everybody who is incapable of your level of skill is garbage and should suck it up is what’s wrong with America. That said I have no idea what your level of skill really is and for all I know you could be my shrink stalking me on the internet to see if my anger management therapy is really working.

• @Jstorm:

Hell, it’s even become part of my strategy to just parry feints because they’re so easy to read now…

Wait I’m confused…your strategy is to parry feints? :? Or you talking about waiting to parry the hit that follows the feint(s)?

• @Jstorm:

No, I and I’m sure CRUSHED can just parry them all the time.

An argument of little value given that CRUSHED is one of the best players (at least one of the best I met) and feint is there to trick people into doing something wrong. Its not meant as reliable attack that will gets you a hit until your enemy guesses right or is a very top end player.

I know you want a fail-safe move to take out everyone less skilled than you - but do you really need it considering the enemy in question is less skilled than you? Saying the game sucks because countering a major element of combat is not restricted to the best players is elitism up to eleven.

• @Evil:

@Jstorm:

No, I and I’m sure CRUSHED can just parry them all the time.

An argument of little value given that CRUSHED is one of the best players (at least one of the best I met) and feint is there to trick people into doing something wrong. Its not meant as reliable attack that will gets you a hit until your enemy guesses right or is a very top end player.

I know you want a fail-safe move to take out everyone less skilled than you - but do you really need it considering the enemy in question is less skilled than you? Saying the game sucks because countering a major element of combat is not restricted to the best players is elitism up to eleven.

It’s not elitism it’s common sense. Any competitive should be able to rek a pub player with a tenth or less of said competitive player’s hours in seconds.

• I think this most recent patch divided people into two parties.

Those that are unhappy with the patch are: People who used feints and exploits (not calling feints exploits in this statement btw) to become ‘veteran’ high level players

Those that are happy with the patch: Everyone else who just adapted and got better at the game and started to use more clever tactics as opposed to playing like a one trick pony.

This leaves an unhappy, fractious, and inflexible portion of the C:MW crowd, hence, all the crying and noise. It’s a bit sad and i almost feel for those who feel robbed of something that they had become good at.

Its funny how even now my signature is relevant.

• This thread is seriously close to getting locked.

Why do all feinting threads need to be locked? We’ve got those for feinting and those against feinting. You both have your opinions and that’s great. Makes for some great debating.

However…

If you guys can’t debate nicely, then this thread is going to be locked. If you’ve got something to say, do so in a non-aggressive manner, otherwise, some nice private warnings will be issued.

Thanks.

• @Kimiko:

This thread is seriously close to getting locked.

Why do all feinting threads need to be locked? We’ve got those for feinting and those against feinting. You both have your opinions and that’s great. Makes for some great debating.

However…

If you guys can’t debate nicely, then this thread is going to be locked. If you’ve got something to say, do so in a non-aggressive manner, otherwise, some nice private warnings will be issued.

Thanks.

[image:4ypgx57e]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/77/EricCartman.png/220px-EricCartman.png[/image:4ypgx57e]

BUT MOOOOOOOOM

• I’m seriously the mom here… It’s a scary place to be… HALP.

• @Kimiko:

I’m seriously the mom here… It’s a scary place to be… HALP.

When we were children, we used to play a game called wizard sticks. Wizard sticks was played by everyone getting a stick and then stabbing and slashing each other. Once someone got stuck in the eye or used too big or heavy a stick or used two sticks somebody’s mom had to mediate. Cut to 20 years later…

Anyway, game balance.