Most challenging objective stages for attackers?

• From what i’ve seen the most commonly failed objectives are:

Darkforest stage 1- Bottleneck from hell

Stonehill stage 2- Batter a gate……at the enemy spawn point!

Battlegrounds stage 2- Getting the bomb cart past that fenced in section at the end can be a bitch

What do you think is hardest for the attacking team and why?

• Hardest from experience in no particular order.

Stoneshill Stage 2: Unreachable archers, boiling oil, enemy spawn point right next to the objective, friendly catapult :? , you are completely at the mercy of archers within the spawn or along the wall

Dark Forest Stage 2: Choke point bottle neck where the enemy can spawn behind you and flank you when they respawn.

Battlegrounds Stage 2: That final stretch with the big fence area can be difficult with defenders rushing at you from both sides, friendly catapult :?,

Honourable mentions go to: Release patch Citadel “Shitadel” Stage 1 and Hillside “The mosh pit of old Treb 3”

• @DokB:

Hardest from experience in no particular order.
    Stoneshill Stage 2
    Dark Forest Stage 2
    Battlegrounds Stage 2
    Honourable mentions go to: Release patch Citadel “Shitadel” Stage 1 and Hillside “The mosh pit of old Treb 3”

This order exactly.
    Also Stoneshill Stage 3 if the King wasn’t constantly TK’d :(

• Forget the enemy team, the thing that makes getting the bomb cart to the gate difficult is the teammate operating the catapult!

• @Ready:

Forget the enemy team, the thing that makes getting the bomb cart to the gate difficult is the teammate operating the catapult!

If you can hear the rock flying through the air, it’s probably too late by then. ;)

• Every map has almost equally challenging objectives for attackers when not playing with a coordinated team and/or team mates who won’t listen.

Stoneshill: Objective 2 and 3 are both extremely difficult without coordination. Even 1 can be hard if left and right side of village is covered well and the defenders are smart enough not to spawn camp.

Citadel: Every objective sucks for attackers. 1st sucks because you’re constantly being shot at by ballistae and archers just trying to approach, then you have to cover 3 floors of defenders to finally reach the freaking ballista which is littered with defenders constantly. Not to mention even if you manage to get on the ballista, you can be shot at by archers below you and by the other ballista. 2nd objective forces people to kill themselves landing one hit if they’re lucky on the top cages which can be very difficult when defense just camps all the entry ways and the cages themselves. Counter archers also have a difficult time for attacking on this part. Objective 3 is probably the easiest on this map, but still extremely difficult because there’s only two ways to get to the top left slaves (which must be freed) and one of those two ways has attackers running in front of both enemy spawns. Objective 4 is arguably the hardest of them all, forcing attackers to funnel in 3 very small doors with very little room for fighting and not TK’ng. Objective 5 also has an extremely hard time for counter archers, but I’ve found smoke pots to be very effective if the king tries to camp in his spawns for melee fights.

Battlegrounds: Granary can be very hard to burn when good archers cover both granary and river torch piles, then defenders easily can prevent anyone from grabbing a torch and survive long enough to throw it. Trying to get the cart past 75% is a joke. Even the devs said teamwork is required for this objective.

Dark Forest: All 4 objectives can be very difficult once defense gets their foot in a firm hold. I would argue objective 3 is the hardest on this map once defense does get their firm hold set up, because it requires the most coordination to accomplish.

Hillside: Since they removed the ability to light the pyre from below, just forget it. Trebs 1 and 2 are still extremely easy to defend, granted still better than the treb 3 days. Archers easily cover all ballistae on objective 3, so you have to hope their archers and team mates are bad and will let you flank them, or hope you can get some good archer cover.

But when you have coordination and teamwork and communication with your team mates, attacking team has a much easier time winning than defense.

• Definitely the citadel. Especially with semi-incompetent team mates, it’s hard as hell.

So, as an attacker, I have to win 3-4 times to be declared the victor.

The defenders have to win once.

Does that seem right to you?

• I almost always play attacker in TO.

For me the hardest is Battlegrounds stage 2. Unless the attackers are stacked with good players (a rarity, most high ranked players I see prefer defending especially on this level) it’s very hard to get the bomb cart past 80%. So hard in fact that I think this level is a prime candidate to get updated at some stage although I don’t see it happening. At least by running up the right hand side behind the trebuchet there you can kill some archers and sometimes get behind the defenders.

Stoneshill stage 2 and 3 can be hard. Stage 2 can be done if you have enough knights or a couple of good ones who know how to get to the ram without getting into fights. The best routes are either to the left through the village, keep left past the catapult and through the water, or to the right and under the bridge. Really, staying under the bridge is really important as you can sneak around the back and get some good hits in on the ram and then duck away when under pressure. Also Knights with shields are really important here to get passed massed archery.

• @SOC:

Hillside: Since they removed the ability to light the pyre from below, just forget it.

What? You can still light it from below.

• Most of them are pretty easy except for Battlegrounds getting the bomb cart the last 10 meters.

A clever defense on Hillside can protect two ballista with one archer.

• @NoVaLombardia:

What? You can still light it from below.

How? I can’t from the left side any more. I used to do it all the time, but last patch stopped it.

• I tested it then and you can still light it from the lower area, no matter which side. Mind you, your throw has to be directly on the pyre and not having the torch fall slightly before it. It is harder on the ammo box side though, it feels like you have to aim higher than you would if you were on the other side.

• I was wondering if it had suddenly become more difficult to hit the pyre from the left side.

• @Dr:

I was wondering if it had suddenly become more difficult to hit the pyre from the left side.

There has been quite a number of times where I’ve down my normal throw at the pyre, turned my HUD on quickly to see if I lit it, only to find I didn’t light it.

It seems I have to be a bit more accurate with torches. Before the torch felt like it only had to touch the lip of the pyre itself. Now it feels like you have to throw the torch a bit higher than usual and get a more centred hit on it. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, just you pick up on it after a while.

• @gregcau:

Most of them are pretty easy except for Battlegrounds getting the bomb cart the last 10 meters.

Two? You can defend all three if your in the right place.

• Attackers are too strong. Defenders need a buff especially when they are Mason. And on Hillside.

• @lemonater47:

@gregcau:

Most of them are pretty easy except for Battlegrounds getting the bomb cart the last 10 meters.

Two? You can defend all three if your in the right place.

Yeah but then you are exposed to other archers and melee.

But if you drop to the ledge off the wall in front of the lower ballista you can cover 2 without any danger.

• @Evil:

Attackers are too strong. Defenders need a buff especially when they are Mason. And on Hillside.

No, not at all. Attacking is only better in team coordinated games. In random pubs with no teamwork or coordination or communication, defense is considerably way better. Hillside is so easy for defense to win, just don’t let them light the pyre. Don’t let them take trebs 1 or 2, or defend one or the other full time if they do. Setup archers and protect them at the top left ballista. It’s an easy defense win.

• @Evil:

Attackers are too strong. Defenders need a buff especially when they are Mason. And on Hillside.

I actually agree about hillside, i think attackers seem to have the advantage now… rarely does mason ever hold the objectives anymore i find.

• @clayton-bigsby:

@Evil Minion:

I actually agree about hillside, i think attackers seem to have the advantage now… rarely does mason ever hold the objectives anymore i find.

New Hillside where they removed old Treb 3, reduced the number of ballista shots to take down a ship and reduced the time it took for the pyre to burn/get put out was done to balance it more for competitive play.

Pub play however has turned it into an Agathian steam roll.