No alternate attacks after parry ?

• I can only attack with normal attack after party is this deliberate ? In my opinion we should be able to use all attacks after the parry. Thx for the input.

• @NUCLEAR:

I can only attack with normal attack after party is this deliberate ? In my opinion we should be able to use all attacks after the parry. Thx for the input.

Well, maybe you got drunk at that party and now all you can do are simply attacks.

No, seriously, I don’t know what you are talking about. Do you mean counter-attacking after blocking? And what is your meaning of a “normal” attack? Because I can use all attacks after parrying.

• Yes counter-attacking after blocking. No matter which attack i use (alternate or normal) it always come normal after parrying no alternate is possible on counter attack - is it only me ?

• This also happens to me, and is mildly annoying. With this riposte mechanic it is a lot harder to put the strike where you want it, especially if you are trying to get around a shield and want to do an alt slash from the left. It also throws me off if I try to throw an alt overhead and the regular ends up getting thrown anyway. It’s just another polish thing that TBS will hopefully get to soon!

• So this is recognized as a bug and will be fixed ? Please any one else support the topic it is very annoying not to be able to use alternate strikes while countering - I’m not using ALT, i have key binds to all alternate attacks.

• It’s not really a bug, they just never implemented alt swings off of counter attacks. Maybe throw this into ideas and suggestions for the devs.

• Riposte attacks have their own unique animation, which is why there’s no alt versions of them. I think it should stay that way, the point of beating a riposte is being able to react fast after reading that specific animation for it. An alt would make it just more of a headache and annoying.

• If they implement alt-ripostes i want shield block on one hand and weapon parry on the other.

• i thought that it would be a good idea before, adding to the complexity of fights. But if i think about it more now… it could be a nightmare to defend certain really fast weapons having to not only time but choose a direction to face VERY quickly as well, it’d be interesting to test. I’ve certainly pulled off the alt counters, but that was totally a bug that’s since been fixed… at least i think so because it hasn’t happened lately.