Performance

• Is it just me or did the game become a crappy lagfest in the last week?

Was on holiday for a week, just came back and joined an official ranked EU server to experience to following:

Terrible lag, was a big guessing game to hit anyone with stabs/OH.
    Would not have gotten me posting here, but then it came big time:

I actually killed someone with a parry! Weapon shown was flail, but I was MAA. (sadly no screenshot cause I was just stunned by that)
    On another parry I heared the cling from a succesful parry but was still hit, didnt have that before.
    Then I killed somone and was teleported 30m away 1 sec later. What is that? I mean if it would have been a lag teleport I shouldnt have been able to kill him…

Something was clearly wrong, is it just me?
    Could it be someone was using some kind of hacking software that screwed up the server?
    Or did TB add some laghiding stuff that causes this (the game felt VERY smooth when running, normally when I lag I can feel it while just running around).

• Chivalry certainly is a laggy game. Official server have hiccups since release while private server are mostly more stable. It depends on playercount and map as well, e.g. if the map changes to citadel, you can watch all pings rise about 30%-50%.

I mostly play on low population server (~6v6) and it isn’t worse than any other game there but with increasing playercount and mapsize this game goes rampage on your CPU and connection. Might not be a problem for the majority so I don’t think we can expect that to change ^^

• I don’t know if the recent Steam sale and the resulting population explosion has anything to do with it.

I also keep to the smaller servers; I can handle 6v6 at most before things really go sideways.

• After 6v6 it always becomes laggy in ping and fps.

• Theres a difference between lag and what I described above.
    Well guess it was just me/that server, gotta try some more today…

• @Escadin:

Chivalry certainly is a laggy game. Official server have hiccups since release while private server are mostly more stable. It depends on playercount and map as well, e.g. if the map changes to citadel, you can watch all pings rise about 30%-50%.

I mostly play on low population server (~6v6) and it isn’t worse than any other game there but with increasing playercount and mapsize this game goes rampage on your CPU and connection. Might not be a problem for the majority so I don’t think we can expect that to change ^^

Yeah citadel is a weird map. FPS wise its one of the smoothest and when you start off the map people’s pings are normal. But by the end of the round everyone’s ping has gone over 100.

• @Towe:

I actually killed someone with a parry! Weapon shown was flail, but I was MAA. (sadly no screenshot cause I was just stunned by that)

Yeah this has happened to me, but it was a while ago. Exact same thing though, blocked with a shield and it came up as a flail kill :?

@Towe:

On another parry I heared the cling from a succesful parry but was still hit, didnt have that before.
    Then I killed somone and was teleported 30m away 1 sec later. What is that? I mean if it would have been a lag teleport I shouldnt have been able to kill him…

This also happened to me just the other day. Although I’m not sure if I killed the guy or not, I was about to kill someone and then teleported.