Blocking with bows

• We cant defend fro a sudden melee attack with ou bows im thinking to give bows the ability to block but make them break after X amount of hits

• Well, as a decent archer that doesn’t shoot friendlies in the back of the head, I think he deserves that kill if he manages to sneak up in the first place.
    If it’s just someone just walking up, I’ll pull my secondary out to fight long before he gets into melee range. Perhaps kicking could suffice if it pleases you.

• I dont think you should be able to block with your bow, but I would like archers to be able to kick with their ranged weapon out.

• +1 for kicking with bow. That, or drastically reduce the time to swap from your ranged to melee weapon. I try to keep myself situationally aware when I’m an archer - which is a lot easier for me because I typically only use the shortbow or javelins, so I’m close to the action and my team - but if I don’t see someone well before they’re within melee range I’ll usually take a hit before I can switch to melee and parry. The delay just feels excruciatingly long with how fast paced the game is.

• I’d also like to see Longbow/Crossbow users have the ability to kick. Blocking is a no from me though, breakable weapons involve not only a lot more work but add more unnecessary complicated mechanics to the game.

• There wouldn’t be a problem with this if the switch to secondary weapons (is it just with the archer?) wasn’t so darn long. Button mashing to try to get that block in time is never fun.

• Panic button is my favourite suggestion so far.

• Bow kick is not in ?
    Well I do believe this was not intentionnal…

• Bows are not very believable blocking device for my opinion ^^

Yeah, I have been thinking about kicking with bows a lot. But archers are supposed to be easily killed if caught off guard. But if you think you have bow on other hand and arrow in another, you should be able to kick ofc :D

I would let dev’s to decide that completely :D

• A lot of weapons kill an archer in one hit already. Giving you the ability to kick with your bow out at least gives you a chance if you don’t die instantly. You’re already at a big disadvantage if you’re caught off guard. Still think the weapon switch is a bigger deal though, it just seems so clumsy with the pace of Chivalry. I swear I could switch weapons faster in AoC which was molasses slow compared to Chiv.

• I just want to have the ability to kick un-dependent on what weapon I’m carrying…

• well im on blocking’s side but if they implement kicking, you wont need to block, since kicking will give you time to switch to your dagger, on occasion I dont have time to switch to my secondary before getting smashed in the mangina, so kicking will be amazingly helpful.
    but blocking is also realistic, and not too hard to implement. i can live without both though, its only a small difference in the world of chivalry :)

• I’ve found myself in a situation where I’ve also desired so bad for a kick to shove off these slashers when they catch me off guard, why not adding a different animation where you smack them with your bow or crossbow instead? :P

• @SlyGoat:

A lot of weapons kill an archer in one hit already. Giving you the ability to kick with your bow out at least gives you a chance if you don’t die instantly. You’re already at a big disadvantage if you’re caught off guard. Still think the weapon switch is a bigger deal though, it just seems so clumsy with the pace of Chivalry. I swear I could switch weapons faster in AoC which was molasses slow compared to Chiv.

this, lol, weapon switch from bow is extremely slow, especially if you have just fired an arrow, but yes WE NEED THE KICK !