Video examples of high end gameplay?

• I’m actually getting quite curious about the Chivalry competitive scene. Not joining it per-say, but just kind of seeing what level it’s at. I was milling around on Youtube recently, and I can honestly say I didn’t find any tourney replays that dazzled me.

This community seems so divided between competitive and casual, so it’d be great if someone could recommend me some videos of what they believe exemplifies high end competitive gameplay (tournaments, montages; whatever you believe works).

• Come on, don’t make other people do your googling for you. A simple “chivalry tournament” youtube search should yield you plenty results. Also you can check the competetive section on this forums.

• @Mef:

Come on, don’t make other people make your googling for you. A simple “chivalry tournament” youtube search should yield you plenty results. Also you can check the competetive section on this forums.

I tried that, and it didn’t seem to turn up much. I’m pretty much asking for recommendations so I can truly see what people believe to be the best of the best.

(And giving people a chance to show off, if they want to recommend gameplay of themself)

• Most “high end” players only play Pro Mod now. I think bada did some videos of his duels a few months ago, but they’re pretty dated.

• Yea, search for twitch-streams.

@Lann094:

I’m pretty much asking for recommendations so I can truly see what people believe to be the best of the best.

The stream crushed posted is from the latest tournament and features the best European teams so it should be a good start.

• Ohhhh that was a good watch, thanks for the link Crushed. Also good commentary well done all.

OP you should just download the ProMod and hop on one of the beta servers for a first hand look. I know I do whenever I feel the need to get my ass handed to me… ;o)…

• There was just a reddit post with a bunch of videos for high end, public server gameplay. I credit /u/Clayton-BigsB for the original post.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ChivalryGame/comments/1isghy/videos_all_beginners_should_watch_feel_free_to/

• Kinda hard for people to make videos of their greatest plays without a working demo feature.

• @NabsterHax:

Kinda hard for people to make videos of their greatest plays without a working demo feature.

F-fraps

• @Ball:

There was just a reddit post with a bunch of videos for high end, public server gameplay. I credit /u/Clayton-BigsB for the original post.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ChivalryGame/comments/1isghy/videos_all_beginners_should_watch_feel_free_to/

Bada’s duelling was definitely the level of play I was looking for. His feinting is pretty insane. And Moose’s leaning is something I’m going to practice for sure. I’ve been doing that for javelins and arrows, but I guess it’s time to go to the next level.

@CRUSHED:

http://www.twitch.tv/heightofabsurdity/b/433777084

Sadly Twitch is loading super slow for me and there’s no way I’ll be able to watch the replay. I’ll have a look around for those clans on Youtube though.

@Canadian:

OP you should just download the ProMod and hop on one of the beta servers for a first hand look. I know I do whenever I feel the need to get my ass handed to me… ;o)…

I’m in Australia, so unless there’s a growing playerbase for it here that I’m unaware of, there’s no real way I can play it with US and EU. It’s a shame really, because I’d really like to know how I stack up against you guys.

• @Hulking_Brute:

@NabsterHax:

Kinda hard for people to make videos of their greatest plays without a working demo feature.

F-fraps

Don’t think many people want to sacrifice FPS to Fraps in a tournament final.

• @NabsterHax:

Depends if they have a capture card.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@NabsterHax:

If they had a capture card they wouldn’t need Fraps…

• Exactly :?

I would record the shit out of this game if there was a demo-feature (and maybe an ingame recording-tool like cl_avidemo).

• @NabsterHax:

@NoVaLombardia:

@NabsterHax:

If they had a capture card they wouldn’t need Fraps…

From what I hear, capture cards don’t come with an uncompressed codec, and auto-compresses everything. That is vomit inducing for someone who really gets into video production.

• Nvidia shadow play SHOULD be coming out soon. It was supposed to be out on the 25th of June. Silly Nvidia… but it sounds incredible. It uses the built in H.264 encoder on kepler based GPUs to automatically encode video in 20 minute segments, with small file sizes and no fps drop or input lag.

When it comes out, I will record some dueling /normal gameplay videos, for the hell of it. Seems like something fun. :)

• @The:

Nvidia shadow play SHOULD be coming out soon. It was supposed to be out on the 25th of June. Silly Nvidia… but it sounds incredible. It uses the built in H.264 encoder on kepler based GPUs to automatically encode video in 20 minute segments, with small file sizes and no fps drop or input lag.

When it comes out, I will record some dueling /normal gameplay videos, for the hell of it. Seems like something fun. :)

“Small video size” always equals compression of some sort. A HD video will always be a big file unless it’s compressed to hell.

Also to the OP, there are some fairly good players in Australia. It’s a pity there isn’t much of a competitive scene though.

• H.264 is a good codec though.

• @afiNity:

H.264 is a good codec though.

Oh for sure, it’s my codec of choice :D