Man at arms and why I fu**ing hate it!

• I hate the man at arms left mouse button spammers.

Here is how to beat anyone without doing anything.

1)Pick man at arms
    2)Take shield and sword
    3) Engage Vanguard while pushing W and aiming at Vanguard
    4) Vanguard strikes
    5)His strike is slow as hell, block it:piece of cake
    6)While pushing W and aiming at Vanguard, start spamming left mouse button for a endless combo.
    7)After the 3rd hit Vanguard is dead.
    8)You win.
    9)Repeat until Vanguard quits game or changes class.
    10)Profit
    Even if vanguard tries to hit you after 6, or during 6, his attack will get interrupted because of your spamming swings. Vanguard loses even if he tries to block.
    Seriously that Man at arms is extremely irritating, not to mention the ability to DODGE which is extremely exagerated. You cant just move your body few meters away in under half a second, can you?
    Also why knight has no special ability? And what about archer?
    Currently the Man at arms is the most exagerated character, and it needs to be fixed.

• @Chivalrious:

I hate the man at arms left mouse button spammers.

1)Pick man at arms
    2)Take shield and sword
    3) Engage Vanguard while pushing W and aiming at Vanguard
    4) Vanguard strikes
    5)His strike is slow as hell, block it:piece of cake
    6)While pushing W and aiming at Vanguard, start spamming left mouse button for a endless combo.
    7)After the 3rd hit Vanguard is dead.
    8)You win.
    9)Repeat until Vanguard quits game or changes class.
    10)Profit
    Even if vanguard tries to hit you after 6, or during 6, his attack will get interrupted because of your spamming swings. Vanguard loses even if he tries to block.
    Seriously that Man at arms is extremely irritating, not to mention the ability to DODGE which is extremely exagerated. You cant just move your body few meters away in under half a second, can you?
    Also why knight has no special ability? And what about archer?
    Currently the Man at arms is the most exagerated character, and it needs to be fixed.

You should try the tutorial, there’s a section in it which goes over this move called a ‘parry’, it should help ease your predicament.

• You’re right about MaAs being OP and easy to win with, but you’re wrong in the way you explained how.

• He is also implying that Vanguard isn’t the most OP class in the game, which it is atm.
    Learn to play please. And use Brandistock and Claymore.

• @-Thylacine-:

He is also implying that Vanguard isn’t the most OP class in the game, which it is atm.

LOL.

Learn to differentiate between a class being OP and a weapon being OP. The fact that the claymore and brandistock are OP doesn’t mean the entire class is OP. What a stupid comment.

• @Bloodhead:

@-Thylacine-:

He is also implying that Vanguard isn’t the most OP class in the game, which it is atm.

LOL.

Learn to differentiate between a class being OP and a weapon being OP. The fact that the claymore and brandistock are OP doesn’t mean the entire class is OP. What a stupid comment.

Not really. Correct me if I’m wrong but it’s called the law of syllogism.

p->q^q->r -> p->r

If vanguards have the claymore and brandi and the claymore and brandi are OP then vanguards are OP.

• @Jstorm:

p->q^q->r -> p->r

If vanguards have the claymore and brandi and the claymore and brandi are OP then vanguards are OP.

As I’m sure a quick survey of the forums will assure you, logic has no place here

• @Chivalrious:

I hate the man at arms left mouse button spammers.

1)Pick man at arms
    2)Take shield and sword

Stopped reading here.

A Man at arms without a firepot is a useless man at arms.

• @NoVaLombardia:

Stopped reading here.

A Man at arms without a firepot is a useless man at arms.

Yup, that guaranteed 12 damage bridges the gap between useless and amazing

• Lol. The OP still gets facehuggers even with the anti facehug bubble.

Word of advice. TURN your blocks into their attacks. Then You will become a wall.

• @Bloodhead:

@-Thylacine-:

LOL.

knockback

• @Josh:

@Jstorm:

p->q^q->r -> p->r

As I’m sure a quick survey of the forums will assure you, logic has no place here

Very true, sadly.

• @Jstorm:

@Josh:

@Jstorm:

p->q^q->r -> p->r

Very true, sadly.

The law of syllogism doesn’t apply in this case because a vanguard ‘is not’ a claymore or a brandi and because neither of those weapons ‘use’ overpowered, instead, they ‘are’ overpowered.

• @dpunk:

The law of syllogism doesn’t apply in this case because a vanguard ‘is not’ a claymore or a brandi and because neither of those weapons ‘use’ overpowered, instead, they ‘are’ overpowered.

Okay thnx, actually. I was a little unsure about that when I said it because of the varying verbs like “have” and “are”.

• I am new to the game and have been having some success with the bardiche. I tried the brandi but because of the reduced found myself wanting to use a 2h sword instead. Would you say the bardiche or brandi is a better weapon? Also, anyone have any advice for a new player? Although I’d like to focus on as few things as possible at any one time.

• @dpunk:

I am new to the game and have been having some success with the bardiche. I tried the brandi but because of the reduced found myself wanting to use a 2h sword instead. Would you say the bardiche or brandi is a better weapon? Also, anyone have any advice for a new player? Although I’d like to focus on as few things as possible at any one time.

Whatever you feel comfortable with or want to play with. Have fun with what you want and don’t adhere to “meta weapons” to begin with if you are a new player.

• You cant just move your body few meters away in under half a second, can you?

i can. here’s a two step plan on how you can do it too:
    1: be twitchy.
    2: weigh little.

in fact, i think the MAA is a motoric retard, he cant step over anything higher than 5 cm, and he can’t jump over anything higher than 20 cm. which is just… egh.

anyway, if you assume the MAA will parry succesfully, cross distance succesfully, attack succesfully and you will not parry succesfully, on all three of his comboed strikes, he’s totally OP, yes.

• @Jstorm:

@Bloodhead:

@-Thylacine-:

LOL.

p->q^q->r -> p->r

If you use the law of syllogism here, you would find that:

If the claymore and brandistock are overpowered,
    and some vanguards use the claymore and brandistock,
    then some vanguards are overpowered.

Not all vanguards are overpowered.

• By the law of syllogism, I am a vanguard and therefore it is not OP, if anything they need a buff. Every class needs to die instantly when they lay their eyes on one, or at least restrict all classes from using weapons; besides vanguards of course.

• @Biscuit_buddy:

By the law of syllogism, I am a vanguard and therefore it is not OP, if anything they need a buff. Every class needs to die instantly when they lay their eyes on one, or at least restrict all classes from using weapons; besides vanguards of course.

This man nailed the head on the hit.