[SUGGESTION] Scrolling Text

• I bought the game during the Steam Summer Sale and love it so far. After playing I have a few suggestions that I feel could better the game for every user:

Something small I would like to see added is a small scrolling text on the HUD after you injure or kill someone. As an archer, when firing into heavily active areas you are not sure if you killed the person. You have to wander your eyes to the top-right of the screen and check. Adding a popup text for a few seconds would easily remedy this task as your focus is shifted from the actual battle.

In real fights like boxing or MMA, you can tell when you’ve injured your opponent and to what extent by their injuries. Adding something as simple as -36% where the number is the amount of damage you’ve done would change the gameplay significantly. As an archer in close battle, when I fire at someone it is between life and death for reloading. If I can see that I’ve done significant damage, I will pull out the secondary sword and finish the job instead of trying to reload and shoot again to get the enemy down to a low health.

Here’s a mockup of something to help visualize what it would look like. I got lazy and didn’t experiment with colors too much so don’t hate.

http://i.imgur.com/pXo1AiP.jpg

This wouldn’t require too much work and would remedy the constant checking to see if you killed someone.

• They actually did this on purpose to immerse the player in the game. War of the Roses uses a mechanic similar to what you’re describing and it feels very arcadey to me, where CMW’s decision to get rid of all but the most basic HUD feels really gritty and realistic.

• When you have played long enough you can tell if you killed someone by the animation, you know how many hits it takes to kill them.

And what Mockingbirch said.

• Good input, I agree that now looking at it the text would almost make it feel less authentic. Also yeah once I get some more hours in I’ll catch on those animations.

• @meepz:

Good input, I agree that now looking at it the text would almost make it feel less authentic. Also yeah once I get some more hours in I’ll catch on those animations.

Haha yeah when I first started playing, the limited info you’re given (especially the lack of a radar) was quite hard to get used to. Now I think it completely defines the game, and for the better.

• @Mockingbirch:

(especially the lack of a radar)

Call of Duty -> :?