[bug?] Double stun after javelin throw

• Don’t know if this is a bug or just working as intended, but if you’re hit in the cooldown after releasing a javelin, you’re locked out from blocking a follow up shot, essentially making for instant death with almost all weapons given the archer’s low health.

I don’t think it’d be unbalanced if this were meant to be the case, but this stun isn’t accompanied by any animation to let you know it’s happening, it just feels off.

• Basically, after throwing a javelin there is a time where your character has to “reload” the javelin, and if you get hit during this reload time it resets the timer. If hit by a fast enough weapon, usually they have enough time to land a follow up strike as well. Best thing to do is not throw the javelin so close to enemies.

Personally, I wish TB would just remove the forced reload and do it so that after tossing you have to press R to reload or weapon swap, letting you still block after throwing but penalizing you by having only your right fist as a weapon until a choice is made.

• That’s interesting, I knew the bow and crossbow could be interrupted, but it never occurred to me that the javelin would play by the same rules. It doesn’t make much sense, seeing as your ‘reload’ is recovering from a throw and your block isn’t even the same weapon hand.

The one hit during recovery is a fair enough risk/reward system for throwing at close range, but the second hit just feels messy, particularly as attempting to raise the shield results in some glitchy animations while the archer ‘reloads’. I say they just need to remove the interruptable/restartable reload from the javelin weapons. It feels unresponsive, and isn’t clear what is happening to either player.

• Agreed, this problem is rather annoying. It is hard not to throw at close range, given that javelin melee is so inferior to their use as throwing weapons. If they decide to rework javelin melee, then this wouldn’t be so much of a problem, imo.

• I think this is a result of ranged attacks no longer flinching (which prevents weapon switching) but rather just having your attack canceled when you take a hit. “Canceled” in the case of the javelin while in reload state seems to force it back into the start of the reload state. Something similar happens to crossbows but we identified and fixed that problem for the next patch, I’ll see what we can do about javelins as well.

• @SlyGoat:

I think this is a result of ranged attacks no longer flinching (which prevents weapon switching) but rather just having your attack canceled when you take a hit. “Canceled” in the case of the javelin while in reload state seems to force it back into the start of the reload state. Something similar happens to crossbows but we identified and fixed that problem for the next patch, I’ll see what we can do about javelins as well.

Awesome, thanks Sly! If you could also fix the javelin buckler smash tracers, we would really appreciate it was well.

• @SHH_:

@SlyGoat:

I think this is a result of ranged attacks no longer flinching (which prevents weapon switching) but rather just having your attack canceled when you take a hit. “Canceled” in the case of the javelin while in reload state seems to force it back into the start of the reload state. Something similar happens to crossbows but we identified and fixed that problem for the next patch, I’ll see what we can do about javelins as well.

Awesome, thanks Sly! If you could also fix the javelin buckler smash tracers, we would really appreciate it was well.

Ah yes, the javelin shield punch tracers. Those are truly awful.

• @SlyGoat:

Neat. While we’re at it, couple of other javelin bugs that are really weakening the class in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=16030

Thanks!