Newbie Question - sensitivity change

• I’ve noticed that while my weapon is swinging my mouse sensitivity goes way down. And after watching some videos made by some more experienced players, where some would perform a 360 overhead, I realized a 360 turn was something unable for me to perform while my weapon was swinging.

So I guess the question is, what is the mechanic behind mouse sensitivity changes in the game and in what cases do they apply? Are their ways around this? And, how do some people perform a 360 spin while swinging a weapon?

• There is a cap on how much you can drag your weapon during release. There is a reduced cap to how much you can drag and swing your mouse around during the wind up (not 100% sure on this).

It is possible to cover close to around 270 degrees with slower weapons (Zwei, Bardiche etc.) but I don’t think it’s possible to cover 360 degrees during weapon release. It certainly looks like that to someone watching, but I don’t think that’s the case.

Correct me if I’m wrong somebody.

• @DokB:

There is a cap on how much you can drag your weapon during release. There is a reduced cap to how much you can drag and swing your mouse around during the wind up (not 100% sure on this).

It is possible to cover close to around 270 degrees with slower weapons (Zwei, Bardiche etc.) but I don’t think it’s possible to cover 360 degrees during weapon release. It certainly looks like that to someone watching, but I don’t think that’s the case.

Correct me if I’m wrong somebody.

u rite

• This is why putting your sensitivity higher has nothing to do with your ability to drag strikes. It’s even counterproductive to it because on top of the turnspeed cap, there’s a reverse acceleration mechanic which you can see if you do an overhead and then wiggle your mouse. There are too many fast movements, so the reverse acceleration kicks in and literally makes it so that eventually you can’t move your swing at all, depending on how fast you flicked your mouse around.

I don’t know why that’s there ON TOP of the cap, since it just makes quick-reflex turning a liability versus slow, measured turning (a decidedly bad thing versus a dodging MAA), but there it is.

• the uncap sensitivity bug has been happening to me a lot lately, even mid-combo.

Screws up my gameplay a lot and i do random 180s or 360s