A DLC idea

• Vikings a new faction like you can chose Agatha vs Mason, Viking vs english knights or something like that

new skin for the vikings and knights. i mean i think every medieval game should have some vikings
    . game modes viking would be the more aggressive and the knights be defensive . when i first heard of
    this game i thought something like viking vs knights.vikings raiding and knights defending .
    And thats my idea

• I like this idea, outside of Rune there are hardly any good viking games.

However if you have not already checked it out there is a HL2 modification called Pirates, Vikings & Knights II.

The games focus is more on humor rather then epic showdowns but the gameplay is genuinely fun.

And to address the attack/defend mode you brought up, its already designed on most maps for the Pirates and the Vikings to attack the Knights castle, fort, hovel or whatever encampment they happen to be staking it out at.

Though it may not be exactly what your imagining, you may enjoy playing PVKII.

Thank you for posting! :D

• PVKII sucks. I remember all the controversy surrounding that mod and AoC, what code they stole and whatnot.

• Given that its not a game for everyone (I did mention its main focus was humor) and it could use quite a bit of clean up in the coding department. To people who enjoy a good laugh whilst running their friend through with a sword, it provides a fun experience.

Now what we really need is to get some extremely dedicated programmers together and create a mod for Chivalry! that would make quite a few peoples smile :D

• That would have to be quite the DLC to add a whole new faction, and it would only happen a couple years from now… but vikings and/or samurai would be pretty cool!
    :berz:

• Reminds me of old AOC suggestions to add a third faction and have the Agathans and Masons team up to fight them.

• @Sir:

Reminds me of old AOC suggestions to add a third faction and have the Agathans and Masons team up to fight them.

Believe it or not I was going to suggest that very thing, but figured it would be best to have three separate factions all wanting rid of the other two.

• I’d rather fight some Tenosians.

• And who the heck are the Tenosians?

• They are the 3rd faction in the lore. Long story short:

• Agathian King decides to go to war in Tenosia.
    • Agathian King dies in the heat of battle - quite literally (it’s an arid land).
    • Malric, being furious about the whole thing decides to form a rebellion now the King is dead. This is the birth of the Mason Order.
    • Malric now wages war against the remaining forces loyal to the King and the Heir to the throne.
    • Meanwhile, lurking across the waters, the Tenosions gather their forces for a counterattack.

2D Lore trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QpyI8Upbxg

• Oh awesome, thanks for informing me! I’d seen that video a long time ago, but I thought that it summed up all the lore, I didn’t think there was more to it!

• @Martin:

They are the 3rd faction in the lore. Long story short:

• Agathian King decides to go to war in Tenosia.
    • Agathian King dies in the heat of battle - quite literally (it’s an arid land).
    • Malric, being furious about the whole thing decides to form a rebellion now the King is dead. This is the birth of the Mason Order.
    • Malric now wages war against the remaining forces loyal to the King and the Heir to the throne.
    • Meanwhile, lurking across the waters, the Tenosions gather their forces for a counterattack.

2D Lore trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QpyI8Upbxg

MUCH. HAD. CHANGED.

• Do they have a set color scheme? I could see them being yellow and white, or green with yellow trim.

Here’s a good example of the yellow, It’s an Oblivion Bruma guard: http://images.uesp.net/d/d8/OB-npc-Bruma_Guard.jpg

@SlyGoat:

MUCH. HAD. CHANGED.

Most epic voice I’ve ever hear. Period. Seriously.

• To my knowledge there is no set colour scheme or concept art that exists for them, yet in my mind I’ve always liked to picture them as green, Saracen style warriors. I have no idea why lol.

• I wasn’t really thinking Saracen, but more of an Irish or Scottish like faction with humble characteristics and a good King who is fair to all his people. Not ambitious and proud like Agatha, and not savage and rebellious like the Masons. They would never attack to conquer, only defend. I think this third faction would be an awesome DLC at some point! 8-)

• It would be cool if the Tenosians could be desert warriors with scimitars and short spears etc. They could be dressed in robes, maybe covering their faces.

• A middle east faction would do good to differentiate itself from our current teams.

• Indeed, and would even help explain why the Mason order has some Eastern elements (mostly from the Archer and Knight) to their style of armour.

• agreed why not i mean, a third enemy would be cool. would have to reunite all them 100 % ags 100% masons

• This might be going to far, but it actually would be kinda cool if the Tenosians wore Eastern styled armor, but bear ancient Egyptian symbols. The ancient Egyptian culture could have survived into Medieval times adopting the armor and weapons of the time, but hold on to their old culture and religion. After all, they do come from the strange lands to the South…

I don’t know why I was thinking an Irish/Scottish race would come from the desert, perhaps they could come from the green hills of the North. Naturally, this would mean the Tenosians would be yellow/gold themed, and the Celdarins would be green and brown themed.