Javelin Shield Bash Tracers

• I posted something about this a while back, but I thought I would repost it for attention. Please fix the javelin shield bash tracers, or adjust the bubble. It is literally one of only two melee attacks for javelineers, so it would be great if it could hit people.

• Assuming you’re talking about the overhead bash, I don’t even use it it’s so awful, even when it hits. Are there any numbers on it? The only ones I can find seem to be out of date.

• @McLumberjack:

Assuming you’re talking about the overhead bash, I don’t even use it it’s so awful, even when it hits. Are there any numbers on it? The only ones I can find seem to be out of date.

Yep, the attack bound to mouse wheel up by default, not kick. It can be a lifesaver when it actually hits…

• As much as I support TBS

Unfortunately they care little for the javelineer… it became the class that no TBS employee plays so no balance changes, its just kind of a blaaa class. I played it for maybe 200 hours, but no longer.

• @Gauntlet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9DqTElGv_A

As a javelineer, that is both hysterically funny and profoundly sad.

@gregcau, maybe if we are persistent enough, they will listen to us javelineers. It is quite a shame as it is such a fun class.

• oh god damnit, i knew there was something to blame besides me for not owning everyone in every single game. :)

but it really is a nice move. it’s not good, but it’s your only way to damage at short range that’s not the same old stab again, and variety is needed if you want to not be completely predictable. besides it’s decent against Knights.

• While we’re at it, the Javelin stab tracer isn’t too hot either. It has a tendency to catch anyone standing on the right of you (standing either level or even slightly behind), and seems pretty ambivalent about hitting people in the middle of the screen.

• @McLumberjack:

While we’re at it, the Javelin stab tracer isn’t too hot either. It has a tendency to catch anyone standing on the right of you (standing either level or even slightly behind), and seems pretty ambivalent about hitting people in the middle of the screen.

The first person animation is a little misleading, the stab in fact comes in from the side (easily discernible in third person). It’ll only barely hit the center of your screen at the tail end of release.

The first person stab animation and the shield punch tracers are both on our bug tracker.