How do you deal with archers who facehug and mash LMB?

• I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s encountered this. How do you deal with archers that pull out their dagger and facehug so much they’re literally clipping through you and just mash LMB till you die? You can’t parry because they’re so close you can’t even see their weapon and if you get hit once that’s it, because the dagger flinches you.

• Right click

• @Jstorm:

I like to be a douche to people who haven’t got 100+ hours played.

Seriously could you have any more of an ***hole response? Sorry I’m not rank 50 and pro as hell after 30 hours of playing. If you actually read the post I said they facehug to the point that they literally clip through your character model.

• Don’t listen to those Probitch whores. It’s hard to avoid LMB spammers indeed. In fact, the first thing you should try is to take your secondary weapon as soon those fuckers get close to you since it’s way faster… It may seem stupid but lots of people don’t do that and try to resist using the primary weapon, which is impossible. The Panic Parry should have helped us but its mechanic is shit and almost never works. A guy wrote earlier you should avoid them by turning but it’s not possible either with the worst LMB smashers since they attack too fast to even walk away from them. So, except if their Stamina drops to zero, there’s few options to avoid beeing killed !

• @Junanagou:

Snip.

Thank you for posting an actual response rather than flaming. I should really think to swap to my secondary more often heh, sometimes I forget. But even then it’s still incredibly hard with that puny dagger and the guy clipping through you.

• I’m a pub player but I agree with those probitch whores.

Turn into their attacks.

Then you will become a wall.

If you use your primary weapon you have to use your range advantage.

• There’s 2 things you can do.

If your weapon is faster or the same speed you just hit trade because its an archer. Half of the commonly used weapons in the game will kill an archer in 1 hit.

If its not you gotta use footwork to make them miss an attack or manage to parry one of their attacks. Kicking can work but I feel like its still too buggy to be reliable. Once you got them in a state where they can’t attack you, you can feint them, hit trade , or just continue a normal fight. Crouching can really help with evading archer melee since its so god damn short.

• Okay I guess I’ll be productive because I’m in a better mood now.

1. Crouch
    2. Lean back
    3. Turn
    4. Parry

If you do this then your parries are near impenetrable and you can even parry people behind you this way so it’s great in team play. You’re welcome.

• parrying is not an option, because you can’t riposte their faster daggers. evasion isn’t as easy as you make it sound.

• @Deadpan:

parrying is not an option, because you can’t riposte their faster daggers.

wat

• @Deadpan:

parrying is not an option, because you can’t riposte their faster daggers. evasion isn’t as easy as you make it sound.

wat :D

parry IS an option, the ONLY one you have if you can’t outmaneuver them. Lean back parry is good, gives you this little more time to aim it well. Riposte is awesome. Even if you miss them it will force them (in most cases) to back off or panic parry. And that gives you some time to counterattack or move back.

If you can, try to dodge out - do it, it’s good for you. (maa only >_>)

If they miss once - kick. You will get some space.

Last option is f10, works wonders but needs to charge. Hopefully they wont take you down in 5sec ;)

• Parrying is easy, but you have to make sure you don’t panic and get stuck in a succession of constant parry attempts that are just a bit too late. If you were too late on the first one, just take a hit without parrying, and give yourself time to prepare for the next attack. The daggers aren’t that damaging and you can often afford to do so. The rest of it simply takes practice… seeing which swing it is (from your left or from your right) and turning into it properly. You’ll also eventually learn which way to sidestep depending on the attack because the dagger range is so short it is surprisingly easy to make them miss.

I never bother switching from my zweihander, because I know I can take a hit or two, and I only need to land 1 overhead swing to destroy the archer entirely.

• @Jstorm:

Parry their attacks by turning. Seriously, gtfo we don’t need one of these threads. I don’t understand how turning is so complicated for some people.

Its so sad to see this kind of post as the first answer. You are the one who should gtfo…

Now to the question:
    First of all: Don’t panic! I have seen so many people who just spammed parries and hoped one of them would connect only to be just too slow and delaying their next parry in way thats just too slow until they die. Don’t try to parry attacks if you have a low chance of success. Better tank one strike and parry the next one.

Then: Don’t let people fool you. You can riposte daggers. In the best case you will hit your enemy and push him out of (his) reach too. And if not he can only parry or evade your strike. The first is good for you as it drains his stamina - just be wary of his riposte. The second is bad - but thats your own fault as you should be able to hit a facehugger (slashes work well).

Also keep in mind that daggers have a very short range and are prone to missing (especially overheads can be evaded by ducking or matrixing). If your enemy is about to miss just kick or attack him.

• @Evil:

@Jstorm:

Parry their attacks by turning. Seriously, gtfo we don’t need one of these threads. I don’t understand how turning is so complicated for some people.

Its so sad to see this kind of post as the first answer. You are the one who should gtfo…

@Jstorm:

Okay I guess I’ll be productive because I’m in a better mood now.

1. Crouch
    2. Lean back
    3. Turn
    4. Parry

If you do this then your parries are near impenetrable and you can even parry people behind you this way so it’s great in team play. You’re welcome.

• no you can’t riposte daggers. wtf are you guys talking about?

if i block a dagger, and then attack…what good does that do? their attack is faster. i gotta try it out with my Norse Sword, but Javelin or Brandistock i’m pretty sure are too slow.

maybe if you switch to secondary first, but daggers are way faster than any primary, so how can riposte work?

• @Deadpan:

no you can’t riposte daggers. wtf are you guys talking about?

If your attack gets parried there is a window before you can attack again. This also applies to daggers so the Archer cannot start his next attack as quickly as he would need to flinch you. If you are using a slow weapon he might be able to hittrade (not sure about this) - but thats a bad idea as Archer because most slow weapons can oneshot you.

• uhm…i’ve had several times daggers spamming their attack on me and me blocking every attack, no way there is enough time between those attacks for me to even windup an attack, not even close.

is this window larger if you use weapon parry instead of a shield? that would suck, because the only purpose of a shield right now is exactly against archers.

• @Deadpan:

uhm…i’ve had several times daggers spamming their attack on me and me blocking every attack, no way there is enough time between those attacks for me to even windup an attack, not even close.

is this window larger if you use weapon parry instead of a shield? that would suck, because the only purpose of a shield right now is exactly against archers.

No, the window is the same but you can riposte off of parries, not shields. As for parry counters if you still can’t get an attack off you must be forgetting to riposte or something. Either way, every time you see an archer it’s the best idea to pull out your secondary.

p.s. Don’t use sheilds they’re crap.

• hmm, ok thanks. unfortunelty, unless i switch to secondary, there is no way for Javeliner to not use the Buckler. because the devs think you can’t parry with throwing weapons, even a heavy Javelin.

but the only purpose for shields is against archers. what you are suggesting is that shields are never used, ever in the game.

well, that’s a huge problem. first of all it means this game is EXTREMELY unbalanced and unrealistic. secondly, it makes it all too obvious why everyone is complaining about Archers.

apparently it has nothing to do with Archers, just with shields.

also, it seems pretty ridiculous that you cannot riposte when you block an attack with your offhand, but you CAN when you parry it with the same weapon you are to make the riposte with. that is opposite logic.

• @Deadpan:

hmm, ok thanks. unfortunelty, unless i switch to secondary, there is no way for Javeliner to not use the Buckler. because the devs think you can’t parry with throwing weapons, even a heavy Javelin.

but the only purpose for shields is against archers. what you are suggesting is that shields are never used, ever in the game.

well, that’s a huge problem. first of all it means this game is EXTREMELY unbalanced and unrealistic. secondly, it makes it all too obvious why everyone is complaining about Archers.

apparently it has nothing to do with Archers, just with shields.

also, it seems pretty ridiculous that you cannot riposte when you block an attack with your offhand, but you CAN when you parry it with the same weapon you are to make the riposte with. that is opposite logic.

Yeah, currently the only use for shields is to use against archers but even then I don’t think it’s a good idea because any good archer will just shoot your toes 100% of the time and shields are crappy in melee soo… it’s just not a good idea. Also, please don’t bring realism into the game. There should be an equal amount of trade offs for using a shield and not but there isn’t. But chivalry as it is is extremely far off from real life and wouldn’t be as good in my opinion if it were realistic.