Two guys constantly insulting

• I hope I’m posting this in the right section D:

EDITED

were constantly insulting everyone on one of the classic duel servers. Here are some screenshots I made:

EDITED as well

Keep in mind this is the second game with them on the server. I only startet to do screenshots at this point. In the last game they wrote similar stuff.

I’m not sure though if this is enough evidence since steam-ingame-names are easily chanegd :/…
    I searched for their profiles right away, so I’m completely sure these are their profiles.

If it’s not possible to do anything with these screenshots: Well, at least I tried it :)

• We don’t tolerate public accusations. So I edited out their names. And about the classic duel servers. Did you try a votekick against them? They were in private severs, so idk what their rules are.

EDIT: and I posted the links and pics in a more private location, so they don’t get lost.

• We tried to kick them several times… but some guys always voted no.

• Did you mute them? It mutes text as well(according to SlyGoat). Don’t know what to say really. In private servers, behavior like that may be tolerated. I suggest getting in touch with the ones who run the servers and see what can be done.

• @ChuckingIt:

Did you mute them? It mutes text as well(according to SlyGoat).

It does mute text.

• @ChuckingIt:

Did you mute them? ….

This is a good solution but I generally disagree with this being encouraged.
    I’d like it if the community frowned upon these kind of people I’ve also had a run in with who slur various childish, sexist, racist or whatever you want remarks.

• I believe they are adding an auto kick feature for “cussing” on the beta servers atm? Also a lot more admin abilities, like MOTD and so on… so soon enough things like this will be in the past all being well.

• @Teocyn:

I believe they are adding an auto kick feature for “cussing” on the beta servers atm

HAHAHAHA. I don’t know if trolling or serious, but if this is information that can be backed… Jesus, that will be the day that I finally give in and uninstall. Seriously. If that is real news, that is simply pathetic.

• This whole thread, in fact, is terrible. How can you support this type of topic? Did you guys never play high school sports? You get called names, shit talk, do whatever you can to get into peoples’ heads. Only, there is no mute function in real life. If you’re too much of a babby to deal with someone insulting you, or simply mute, then quit or leave the server. My God.

Seriously. I hate berating people, and I have ardently defied people who have done so on these forums. But people with no competitive nature, or those with a lack of character/resilience to deal with this type of behavior, DO NOT NEED TO INFLUENCE THE DEVELOPMENT AND CHANGES OF A GAME OF COMPETITION.

• @magilla:

This whole thread, in fact, is terrible. How can you support this type of topic? Did you guys never play high school sports? You get called names, shit talk, do whatever you can to get into peoples’ heads. Only, there is no mute function in real life. If you’re too much of a babby to deal with someone insulting you, or simply mute, then quit or leave the server. My God.

Seriously. I hate berating people, and I have ardently defied people who have done so on these forums. But people with no competitive nature, or those with a lack of character/resilience to deal with this type of behavior, DO NOT NEED TO INFLUENCE THE DEVELOPMENT AND CHANGES OF A GAME OF COMPETITION.

You shouldn’t have to deal with such people in a GAME that is meant to be fun for everyone.

Simply saying that it will always happen and just deal with it is not a constructive solution. It is absolutely unacceptable and there are ways to either prevent or curb people from being abusive. I would love to see some of the implementations seen in LoL and DoTa 2 regarding player reputation/behavior, even at a primitive level.

End of the day, are people going to be abusive and offensive? Yes. Should we just accept it as part of our culture and community? Definitely not.

• @magilla:

@Teocyn:

I believe they are adding an auto kick feature for “cussing” on the beta servers atm

HAHAHAHA. I don’t know if trolling or serious, but if this is information that can be backed… Jesus, that will be the day that I finally give in and uninstall. Seriously. If that is real news, that is simply pathetic.

+1
    It’s like being in primary school, you’d get punished for swearing one time(even a tiny little “fuck”)… That is severely stupid. this game is rated 18+ (or should), so what’s the point?
    I hope this feature is off by default.

• You shouldn’t have to deal with such people in a GAME that is meant to be fun for everyone.

Simply saying that it will always happen and just deal with it is not a constructive solution. It is absolutely unacceptable and there are ways to either prevent or curb people from being abusive. I would love to see some of the implementations seen in LoL and DoTa 2 regarding player reputation/behavior, even at a primitive level.

End of the day, are people going to be abusive and offensive? Yes. Should we just accept it as part of our culture and community? Definitely not.

You don’t have to. Mute them. It’s one click. If you are so sensitive that you’re worried about someone that you do not know talking about you when you can’t see/hear it, then the problem is you, not the game.

I’m saying it will happen, and it should happen. If you want people to say sorry every time they kill you, then what the Hell are you competing for?

• The swear filter in beta is just a test of the rcon system. It’s an example of the kind of thing admins will be able to do with the new tools.

• @SlyGoat:

The swear filter in beta is just a test of the rcon system. It’s an example of the kind of thing admins will be able to do with the new tools.

Thank you for saving my monitor, and for saving me a deduction in my paystub for my monitor/possibly my keyboard.

Threads like this are bad enough, but a “cussing” filter? My rage was seeping from my pores.

• @gregcau:

@ChuckingIt:

It does mute text.

Unfortunately the “Mute” option in the Tab-menu does not mute text, only voice (which noone ever uses on pubs anyway).

• @Apicius:

@gregcau:

@ChuckingIt:

It does mute text.

Unfortunately the “Mute” option in the Tab-menu does not mute text, only voice (which noone ever uses on pubs anyway).

Well it worked when I last tried it months ago. If it does not work - then they broke it.

• @magilla:

You shouldn’t have to deal with such people in a GAME that is meant to be fun for everyone.

You don’t have to. Mute them. It’s one click. If you are so sensitive that you’re worried about someone that you do not know talking about you when you can’t see/hear it, then the problem is you, not the game.

I’m saying it will happen, and it should happen. If you want people to say sorry every time they kill you, then what the Hell are you competing for?

First of all, mute works very spottily, and second of all, there should be other options in place to deal with people who will simply not stop being abusive and offensive.

I play competitively, so I don’t have any problems with the atmosphere. Though, that sort of thing doesn’t happen at the top tier of play so that is a moot point. Obviously, people don’t need to apologize for killing someone, that is a poor analogy. But when people go out of their way to bully others, or simply spout extremely offensive language, I think there should be more recourse available than the mute function. My problem is not people playing competitively, it is people who go out of their way to insult and belittle others for no reason.

Saying that it is the internet, so it is acceptable, is a terrible excuse and part of the problem. My point is simply that there should be methods in place to help discourage this sort of thing, not just ignore it

• @SHH_:

First of all, mute works very spottily, and second of all, there should be other options in place to deal with people who will simply not stop being abusive and offensive.

I play competitively, so I don’t have any problems with the atmosphere. Though, that sort of thing doesn’t happen at the top tier of play so that is a moot point. Obviously, people don’t need to apologize for killing someone, that is a poor analogy. But when people go out of their way to bully others, or simply spout extremely offensive language, I think there should be more recourse available than the mute function. My problem is not people playing competitively, it is people who go out of their way to insult and belittle others for no reason.

Saying that it is the internet, so it is acceptable, is a terrible excuse and part of the problem. My point is simply that there should be methods in place to help discourage this sort of thing, not just ignore it

Completely agree. And with the new RCON additions, server operators will be able to add more features as they deem necessary. Unfortunately, with all these private servers, there is no way to get a uniform set of rules to govern them all by. So it really becomes a crap shoot if behavior of that kind is tolerated in THAT particular server. When Lg had our duel server going, we had it pretty heavily moderated.

• @ChuckingIt:

Completely agree. And with the new RCON additions, server operators will be able to add more features as they deem necessary. Unfortunately, with all these private servers, there is no way to get a uniform set of rules to govern them all by. So it really becomes a crap shoot if behavior of that kind is tolerated in THAT particular server. When Lg had our duel server going, we had it pretty heavily moderated.

Yeah, hopefully those updates will help and private servers have always been a bit of a gamble. That being said, the Lg server is a very friendly place, :D

It might also be helpful for TB to step up the moderating of the servers. Obviously, they can’t be everywhere at once, but I’ve rarely ever seen anyone watching the servers. Im not certain if the answer is to hire people to do it, or elect members from the community, but there should be a way to adequately ensure there are people who can respond to complaints/abuse in the servers.

• First of all:

The mute-function did NOT work for me.

It was the only classic duel server where at least some of the players actually duelled, and I really wanted to duel, so there was no way to go to another server.

It’s cool if you can just ignore this stuff, but for me this is intolerable. It’s a game, it’s meant to be fun, these people should simply not be there, or at least there should be a way to deal with them without leaving the server.