What i'd like to see in the next update

• Going to make this quick since posting this from work.

-Tracer fixes (Remove tracers in the shafts of the pole arms and spears, I get tk’d so much from it.)

-Bubble reduction. It feels really silly, especially from behind. Im not saying remove it, but a reduction is needed.

-Less stamina use on parry in release or recovery. How can I make use of this when I lose all of my stam from it. CFTP didn’t use nearly as much.

-Bring CFTP back. Maybe. It’s debatable.

EDIT: Another thing I’d like to see is arrow damage based on tracer distance, Eg. If it hits someone from 50ft away it does less damage than a point blank shot.

• I agree with all but the last one. The first few are really needed in my opinion.

• Yes please.

1. Top Priority is the Javelin Shield Bash. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9DqTElGv_A
    Despite being hilariously funny, it is also depressing.

2. The bubble definitely needs toning down. I’ve literally bounced off the back of someone I was chasing because of it. It also makes group fighting a bit odd sometimes.

3. Especially with the increased special daze stun, and stamina changes for weapons, stamina definitely needs very fine balancing. It is nice to have it as a tactical option to weigh, but it is extremely annoying to be constantly out of stamina.

4. CFTP would be nice, but I think the devs have indicated that they have no intention of bringing it back. I think parry in recovery could use some tweaks, it too often saves people from very obvious mistakes without really rewarding people for exploring the game mechanics as new players can just spam parry. At least CFTP required a somewhat more thorough understanding of how the different game mechanics could work together.

• I’ve heard there was a bubble added to friendlies but the bubble isn’t as big as it is on enemies, Why can’t we have the bubble reductions to match the bubbles protecting friendlies, This would work better in my opinion the bubble right now is overkill it only needs a slight reduction, I’m sick of chasing an enemy down and hitting them 10 times in the back and it does nothing.

• @SirBlade:

I’ve heard there was a bubble added to friendlies but the bubble isn’t as big as it is on enemies, Why can’t we have the bubble reductions to match the bubbles protecting friendlies, This would work better in my opinion the bubble right now is overkill it only needs a slight reduction, I’m sick of chasing an enemy down and hitting them 10 times in the back and it does nothing.

I honestly think that friendlies should not have any bubble. I mean I’m not trying to face hug my teammates.

• We got some dreamer here, the next patch should come in the end of the month and it’s basicaly the actual beta, mainly customization and some very minor balance change, just look at actual beta changelog.

Also TBS just give the impression that they actually believe their game is balanced so i don’t see why you expect some serious balance change, this will not happen and there is no way they revert new mechanism like the superb parry in recovery lol.

edit HoBoy: i didn’t try to start anything, we already know the content of the next patch, that’s a fact and we also know what path tbs as chosen, sorry but it’s the truth, no need for this kind of hope.

• @Sirbarthelemy:

Snip

Stop. Just stop trying to start a shit storm.

I can hope for what I want. They may actually do it if enough people want it, they do listen, occasionally. Either way, stop being a downer. No one likes downers.

• I also think having some sort of HUD customization could be nice for future patches, weapon specific crosshairs perhaps, changing position/colors of health and stamina bars, and chat, etc. Obviously not a priority right now, but it still would be nice to see.

• improved performance
    • fixed all sorts of odd interaction with objects (tupping the cart, walls and other buildings)

jk

try not to overnerf xbow projectile speed :)

• We are reducing stamina drain for parries a bit across the board, and stamina drain for combo/recovery parries were reduced in the hotfix. Right now recovery parry costs 5 more stamina than combo feint used to cost, and combo parry costs 10 stamina less.

Re: damage fall off on arrows, I think the fact that it’s much harder to land long range shots already covers this. We don’t want to encourage “shotgunning”.

Re: another poster in this thread, there is no “bubble” on friendlies, it is an enemy-specific collision.

• @Ho_BoY:

I honestly think that friendlies should not have any bubble. I mean I’m not trying to face hug my teammates.

I believe teammates should be threatened just like enemies in most ways (especially collision and flinching) - from a mechanical point of view that is. Its just stupid to get killed because some enemy struck right through his teammate to hit you and this mate hits you shortly thereafter because he didn’t even get flinched.

I agree with your suggestions. The first two really don’t need any discussion. I do not really agree with the third one. Reducing the stamina cost on parry (from idle) and combo parry is okay. Reducing the stamina cost on panic parry (from recovery) is not as this should be a last resort move not a regular thing to do all the time. There should still be some punishment for missing your strikes.

As for CFTP - probably the best thing that could happen to the game is bringing this back in a modified way. A rewarding feature but in his old form probably a little bit too strong (the changes to stamina management might have changed this). It should have a significant stamina cost attached to it - comparable or even a little bit higher than panic parry.

On the other side the last two things might need some more testing and tweaking so it would be better to bring them with the update after this. Bubble reduction needs to be done asap though. Running away shouldn’t make you immune to short weapons.

• CFtP really didnt need any change, not even stamina wise you notice this when you were in a duel against top maa players they would always win the stamina battle even with the pre patch stamina values, raising the stamina cost even more just turns this game into a game about stamina wich isnt really fun

• Yeah, but having arrows do less damage at a distance would stop archer camping and make the melee game for them a more encouraging choice. An archer is not GREAT at melee, but they’re definitely not bad at all.

• I think they are actually TOO strong in melee :3

• That is true, but to me it’s more just the longer range bows still being somewhat overpowered and overshadowing the alternatives. When I play archer I pretty much exclusively use shortbow or sling, and I find myself in melee all the time.

• @Ho_BoY:

Going to make this quick since posting this from work.

-Tracer fixes (Remove tracers in the shafts of the pole arms and spears, I get tk’d so much from it.)

-Bubble reduction. It feels really silly, especially from behind. Im not saying remove it, but a reduction is needed.

-Less stamina use on parry in release or recovery. How can I make use of this when I lose all of my stam from it. CFTP didn’t use nearly as much.

Yes… but,

-Bring CFTP back. Maybe. It’s debatable.

• The worst thing about the CFTP removal is actually the message that the developers will sometimes remove a realistic and rewarding feature just for the heck of it. I just can’t explore the game and apply what I’ve learned let alone teaching it to others when there is a good chance the feauture gets removed without violating common sense and without being completely broken.

Torn Banner just opened up a lot of possibilities:
    Feints? Hey, lets remove a dimension from combat!
    Hey, we got so many weapons - lets remove some!
    Some people dislike this map - remove it.
    Stamina requires you to manage resources. To difficult, lets remove it.
    Archers? They might be a major part of medieval warfare but who cares. Lets remove them.

The is no security. You put a lot of effort into something and instead of getting rewarded the game says: “Nope! Removed! We didn’t want to put effort in balancing this feature so we just take it away from you rendering all your learning fruitless. And by the way: here is the replacement - less realistic, less rewarding and somewhat counterintuitive. Have fun!”

Its understandable why some people went berserk ignoring the poor positives that just happened to came along with the same patch.

• I have never been a fan of slippery slope arguments.

• @SHH_:

1. Top Priority is the Javelin Shield Bash. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9DqTElGv_A
    Despite being hilariously funny, it is also depressing.

Whoa, that’s…. really wrong. It’s not like that on the live build right? I use it regularly but I usually place my opponent on the far edge of my screen or slightly off the screen so I’m not totally sure.

I would really like to try playing with spears and polearms without tracers on the shaft. Makes it more challenging, yes, but it would place even more emphasis on keeping your distance and I think it would be interesting to experiment with.

• Global Moderator

Spear shaft tracers should stay. Its blunt damage and not much anyway.