No matter which server I join, I end up being with idiots

• Don’t get me wrong, really. I know that every game has idiots, that intentionally team-attack you or do anything else deconstructive. But recently, I’ve not been able to play on one server not having any idiots.

I really want to enjoy this game, but some of its players make this experience impossible. I really don’t mind playing with beginners, seeing as all of us started where they are. But what do you do when one is not listening and only does things in favor of the opposing team?

If you know of any good servers, please let me know. I do not seek the holy grail, but a server with decent players (in terms of decent players, it doesn’t have to be skilled players, just some with common sense.)

• “Lg Team Objective Server”

US Texas Server: Usually Full. Generally Moderated.

(If the official ones aren’t to your liking of course. Just be aware it is 100% friendly fire, first person only)

• Maybe you smell funny

• @Shellshock:

Don’t get me wrong, really. I know that every game has idiots, that intentionally team-attack you or do anything else deconstructive. But recently, I’ve not been able to play on one server not having any idiots.

I really want to enjoy this game, but some of its players make this experience impossible. I really don’t mind playing with beginners, seeing as all of us started where they are. But what do you do when one is not listening and only does things in favor of the opposing team?

If you know of any good servers, please let me know. I do not seek the holy grail, but a server with decent players (in terms of decent players, it doesn’t have to be skilled players, just some with common sense.)

You can always mute, team switch and vote kick. Oh yeah and people generally don’t like being bossed around.

• If you are in the EU you could try our servers, they are generally moderated.

Full list on our site; my signature has a link.

• @Shellshock:

But recently, I’ve not been able to play on one server not having any idiots.

Whenever I join a server there is always the same idiot on my team. Just can’t get rid of this guy. Whenever I take teamdamage he is there. Whenever I am about to kill someone he steals my kill.

First of all one should make sure that whatever happened isn’t just because you did something wrong. You kicked that guy who was blocking the gate and now he is trying to kill you? People getting locked in a neverending cycle of revenge-teamkilling (bi]don’t revenge teamkill - EVER!)? Somebody trying out siege weapons not being very successful? Did you expect something as “common sense” that might be not obvious to a new player (teamfighting is a big thing here)? Ask questions first and shoot later. There are so many people starting votekicks/griefing because somebody hurt their puny little feelings. Well - begin with not hurting any puny little feelings (I usually suck at this…).

@Reginhard: Are these servers without class limitations?

• @Evil:

@Shellshock:

But recently, I’ve not been able to play on one server not having any idiots.

Whenever I join a server there is always the same idiot on my team. Just can’t get rid of this guy. Whenever I take teamdamage he is there. Whenever I am about to kill someone he steals my kill.

First of all one should make sure that whatever happened isn’t just because you did something wrong. You kicked that guy who was blocking the gate and now he is trying to kill you? People getting locked in a neverending cycle of revenge-teamkilling (bi]don’t revenge teamkill - EVER!)? Somebody trying out siege weapons not being very successful? Did you expect something as “common sense” that might be not obvious to a new player (teamfighting is a big thing here)? Ask questions first and shoot later. There are so many people starting votekicks/griefing because somebody hurt their puny little feelings. Well - begin with not hurting any puny little feelings (I usually suck at this…).

I’m bad with names :D, so someone may hold a grudge against me but I have no damn clue who they are lol. If I get tked alot I of course votekick but I also go run off on my own and flank the enemy or do some sweet rambo action.

• @Evil:

Damn it: I think they probably are at the moment, thanks for reminding me.

We have just got some more servers and made a few changes; so yes, they normally do have limits but not just at the moment.

Also; we will probably going back to “mixed modes” which was very popular. The current pure TO is generally full or near to full but not so much pure LTS. Tried reducing from 32 slot LTS to 24 because some forum said 24 was better. Guess pure LTS isn’t what people want.

We will probably end up with the public servers being; 32 slot mixed modes (this tended to lean towards TO), 12 slot pure FFA, 24 slot Duel Mode and a second 32 slot mixed modes that leans towards LTS.

@OP Sorry pal; I don’t think we have established where you are, apologises if this isn’t relevant.

• check the scoreboard before picking a team.

• @Reginhard:

Damn it: I think they probably are at the moment, thanks for reminding me.

We have just got some more servers and made a few changes; so yes, they normally do have limits but not just at the moment.[/quoute]
    Meh - I don’t like class limits. Especially right now, when you can still glitch into “full” classes. The only times limits are okay is on duel servers and if the limit is 0.

@Reginhard:

Also; we will probably going back to “mixed modes” which was very popular.

Thats right because many people (like me) like variety. Only LTS is too much “serious business” and sometimes a less popular gamemode in between (KotH, CTF, …) is nice too. But here I feel you might run into a problem with class limits: They kinda make sense in team games (aside from taking away variety and adding frustration*) but there is no place for class limits in FFA were everyone is on his own (I hate FFA/duel with any class limit other than 0 or unlimited).

Also: If you add class limits please tag the server as such (mention it in the name). It helps people a lot when seaching for servers.

@clayton-bigsby:

check the scoreboard before picking a team.

Horaay for teamstacking! Tends to be unfun as it might end in nothing but curb stomp battles. And most of the time even a good player can’t fight the Spartan army while his team slashes around or jumps between him and the one he is attacking (once I won a FFA because people kept doing this).

*Higher impact of “bad” players as they might not do their job good enough leaving your team composition gimped. Higher impact of “good” players as counters to their playstyle are limited. A more railroaded gameplay because of those limited options (disencourages unusual strategies). [These are downsides for me, others might like it that way.]