Ideas for combat

• I’m sure much of this has been discussed before but I was thinking maybe aside from limbs and decapitation, if say a broadsword were to be swung toward an opponents torso that it may get lodged inside him instead of simply swing through, giving a more dynamic and true to life feel. I’m sure it’ll be implemented into the game but if it won’t it’d be a good idea. And maybe the idea of arrows or specific hit crippling certain areas of the body such as the Fallout series came to show. ie: An arrow to the thigh or leg would slow down the character as would a blow to the leg. Or a mace to the leg crushing the bone. I’m sure this would take a deal of time to consider adding but I think it would definitely give a more gruesome and awesome experience!

Good luck with the release :]

• @Jestarr:

I’m sure much of this has been discussed before but I was thinking maybe aside from limbs and decapitation, if say a broadsword were to be swung toward an opponents torso that it may get lodged inside him instead of simply swing through, giving a more dynamic and true to life feel. I’m sure it’ll be implemented into the game but if it won’t it’d be a good idea.

I’m pretty sure it will not be implemented since it would mean you’d be unable to move for the time your sword is stuck inside of your enemy :?
    You’ll be exposed to enemy attacks for a certain amount of time.

• well the visual idea with the sword is kinda nice and i think somewhat needed to take the next step into future ( no shit) but it should stay a visual idea, like if u start moving ur camera when the animation started u will be “instantly unbound” and be able to move totally natural like u could before

• I don’t think they want combat to be interrupted like that… Maybe server admins could have a toggle which makes weapons treat other players as a solid object, opposed to moving right through?