Mouse ensitivity should be slightly increased when swinging.

• So I understand that the devs want to lower the ability to spin around and attack, so they added the sensitivity lowering once someone strikes, but that seems to be too extreme. It’s like if your sensitivity was divided by 10 when you’re swinging. If you go third person, that doesn’t really happen. Only in first person that the sensitivity goes so much lower. I just think the sensitivity shouldn’t be this much lower, I’m all for having it there just not at this level.

I typically play this game in medium to maybe low sensitivity, so when I start swinging, I have to move my mouse a lot more across the area. It gets really frustrating. I understand that it’s to help the random spinning when people strike, but it shouldn’t paralyze you this much that it messes up your accuracy. You just have to adjust too much back n forth.

Maybe set the sensitivity where within a 60 degree range of when you first start striking, your sensitivity is the same, and but it decreases as it gets closer to the left or right side.

• I have to agree with this. I use 2h weapons frequently (more fun to me) and the slowness of attack usually means I have to track the enemy with my overheads for them to land, often missing because I cannot turn fast enough to an opponent just a little too much to one side or the other.

• I too feel it’s much too slow, I’d like to see it doubled.

• Normal speed in a 40 degree arc in front of you, slower at a 100 degree and greater and extremely slow at more than a 160?

• @Sir:

Normal speed in a 40 degree arc in front of you, slower at a 100 degree and greater and extremely slow at more than a 160?

Something like this. It should only limit your ability to make absurd swings. Right now it feels too limiting for minor adjustments, or for trying to hit someone circling you with an attack other than slash.

• Yep, it should be same for within 40-60, and gets slower the more you get closer to the left or right side in 90 degrees and near impossible to spin around. But I still want accuracy for aiming straight, because it takes a bit to adjust to that sensitivity. Especially when my originally sensitivity isn’t that fast. The main purpose of it is to prevent you from spinning, it shouldn’t end up affecting your aim because of it IMO.

• By the way, seems your turn rate isn’t limited at all in 3rd person? I’m fairly certain it isn’t, or at least it’s not limited nearly enough because I’ve been testing it out lately and have been able to fully execute the ridiculous 360 degree stab strategy while in 3rd person.

• Yep, it doesn’t seem to be at all in third person, so if you have a bigger weapon, you’re better off going third person to get a good aim, but the downside is that it’s harder to block.

• @SlyGoat:

By the way, seems your turn rate isn’t limited at all in 3rd person? I’m fairly certain it isn’t, or at least it’s not limited nearly enough because I’ve been testing it out lately and have been able to fully execute the ridiculous 360 degree stab strategy while in 3rd person.

I’ve tested in both first person and third person, the amount of slow down is the same. I’m 100 percent certain that the only thing that changes in between the views in regards to turning is perception.

• Totally agree that this should be increased!
    Right now it just feels clunky…

• For my opinion the turning while swinging speed had been just fine. If there were no limit, you could not dodge strikes!!

Only question remains, is the turning rate when swinging fixed or percentual to player sensitivity? Because I think it needs to be fixed amount so it wont be unfair, no matter what your sensitivity is.
    Like “max turning speed degrees/sec”.

I think it is already fixed limit but I guess we need dev’s confirmation on that :D

• But couldn’t people just increase the mouse’s sensitivity?

• You should get a mouse with a DPI switch. I can switch mine from as low as 400 to as high as 5700. I slow it down in FPS games when I’m sniping, and speed it up in certain games where I need to turn quickly.

Very fun, I made a post about this awhile back.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1229