Archer Bugs

• One of our clan came up with these issues:-

_If I cancel an arrow, I then lose that arrow from the inventory of arrows. Its the same if I get hit when in the middle of shooting too.

Sometimes when I cancel an arrow or even shoot one my game will slow down (cant sprint, change weapon or shoot another arrow).

Also: don’t know if this is down to lag or bug but my arrows have been going through people.

Finally: this isn’t a bug but just something I feel needs to be adjusted, and that’s the dip in the trajectory of the arrows from all bows, the crossbow blots fire like a bullet from a gun but the bow’s almost instant dipping seems a bit too pronounced (just a personal thought).

While I’m at it; I do think that the crossbow is a bit OP, just saying it’s a bit too easy for people who are new to the game to pick it up and 1 shot high ranked players._

• I have the bug with undrawing arrows as well. My friend playing with me tells me I am still firing the arrow on his screen instead of cancelling the draw. Doesn’t do any damage though. Really annoying because I cancel my aim all the time as archer.

• The first bug is long known. I wonder when it’s going to be fixed. It seems to be surprisingly hard to fix, considering it was known before the last patch and still isn’t adressed in the Beta.

On addition to arrows going threw players I’ve also seen arrows going past player, then disappearing a few meter behind them, while doing damage (i think there was another thread about this). I haven’t observed this on the rare occasions I play archer, but I had this happening to me. I also saw it as a thrid party. you could clearly see that the player wasn’t hit by anything else. His head exploded the instant the arrow disappeared out of the air a few meters behind the player after missing him.

@Reginhard:

While I’m at it; I do think that the crossbow is a bit OP, just saying it’s a bit too easy for people who are new to the game to pick it up and 1 shot high ranked players.

You basicly described the historical reasons why crossbows became widespread. The pope also called them OP back then for this very reason. I have no broader point to this except maybe that you are kind of like the pope.

• Thanks guys; looks like this is on the TBS to do list, I’ll feed this back to KnH ~ Debalti our quizzical archer.

Not sure that I agree that crossbows are OP, this game needs an easy to pick up class, archer killing is my obsession and I do like the way that noobs with crossbows bend over for easy decapitation.

Still; I fancy myself as a pontiff so if saying crossbows are OP sets me up to be the next pope (which is probably how it works) then yes crossbows are certainly OP.

I feel another Medieval Inquisition coming on.

• Crossbows are not OP.

They do a crap load of damage and often one hit you yes.

But you don’t know what that archer has gone through. How many times he has missed or died.