Catapults

• Remove the glitchy catapults we got right now and replace them with something similar to the AoC catapults. You know: the ones where you really felt like using a siege weapon instead of some toned down Battlefield vehicle that teleports you around when you enter or leave.

• How aoc catapult worked?

• You had triggers to turn it left or right and to aim up and down (to set the distance). Then you had another trigger to fire the rock. After reloading you could fire the rock with the same button at the same target than before. No need to charge up. Just good old artillery. The whole thing worked without “entering” so you had no problem with people teleporting around and you were more precise as you could just aim a little bit higher or a little bit more to the right.

• Sorry, but I thought the AOC catapults were pretty annoying to use. I liked having to set up different components in different places around the weapon, but the thing where you hold once to move it one way, release and hold again to move it back was pretty horrible.

Also, the amount of trolling people could do with your aiming while you were setting it up is something I can see a lot of players getting annoyed at, although it was always fun to do to the other team.

• @NabsterHax:

but the thing where you hold once to move it one way, release and hold again to move it back was pretty horrible.

Yeah this one was quite annoying but still better than having people teleporting around and your aim reset after each shot (also turning is too fast/turning while charging up just feels wrong right now). Thats why I wrote “similar”: you can avoid this by having a trigger for each direction instead of combo-triggers.

As for sabotage: In AoC you could assault the siege weapon, kill the crew (without having to worry about teleporting) and then screw up their targeting such that the weapon was taken out for some time. Doing this to your own team isn’t much different from shooting them with the catapult (but in AoC most griefers might have lacked the mental capacities to actually aim the weapon properly).