Another Speeder

• http://youtu.be/xM_pAQ-9j0s

Obvious stuff like this is obvious. It’s a real shame people aren’t adept enough at identifying stuff like this, and it’s even more of a slap to the face when they take up arms against the people trying to initiate the kick.

• At least he had the courtesy of being blatantly obvious.I know Kimi announced recently that they just banned about 40 people for hacks, hopefully TBS will ban him in the next wave.

What demographic best represents the hacking community? Are they 12-year-olds, originate from a particular country or are they diverse in origination?

• This post is deleted!

• Take a look at their recent announcement that their new anti-hack system has already banned 40 people so far. I think they’re definitely taking strides to confront this problem and to their credit, though hackers do exist in this game, it is far less than any other online multiplayer I’ve played in the past 5 years.

• @Sidewinder:

Take a look at their recent announcement that their new anti-hack system has already banned 40 people so far. I think they’re definitely taking strides to confront this problem and to their credit, though hackers do exist in this game, it is far less than any other online multiplayer I’ve played in the past 5 years.

Yeah if speed hacks are coming from one source at least they can easily put something in the code to catch them all.

I do prefer the speed hackers that run at the speed of light though.

• "Sir, the Masons hackers have breached the castle doors VAC!

Kimiko will be spawning as Admin in 10 seconds.

The “lol haxors” who run around at mach 12 are pretty easy to kill and pretty easy to ban.

Try this, go to “Create Game” and then put aoc_slomo x into the console. Replace X with, say, 5, and see how hard it is to kill the bots.

But people who try to be subtle are really irritating.

• Torn Banner can only ban people from Official Servers, they can’t ban your “game”.

• Its hilarious how people are still bad even with hacks.

• We don’t get many hackers down here. But some people are quick to accuse and quick to votekick. I won’t on a FFA server I wasn’t admin on and first round a guy tried to kick another guy for winning and beating him everytime. A rank 20 trying to kick a rank 51. It was also a 50% health server (makes short spears and a dagger the Most OP setup ever). The vote failed but there are those rout there who are like that.

Its worse in BF3. I have a freind who is banned of 60 servers for “hacking”. He’s just a good player who tops the scoreboard by doing the objective. He also gets a KD of 2.0 is most games. He’s the guy who wins games and he was ranked 50th in the world for his win Lose ratio which at one point was 17:1.

The only hackers I ever see are rank 50 and over. According to some of the community.

Also the AOC_slomo command only goes up to 2. It doesn’t work I you go over. At least not when I did it.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Torn Banner can only ban people from Official Servers, they can’t ban your “game”.

Last I recall they can actually do global bans for hacking.

• Not to support cheaters but, they should only be able to ban you from official servers.

• @dpunk:

Not to support cheaters but, they should only be able to ban you from official servers.

I actually gotta agree with this.

Also as an aside: Just for fun, one day I went on a server a friend hosted. I’ve had CE on my computer for some single player games I like to muck around with. I told my friend I wanted to see what it was like to enable the speedhack, and he agreed to let me do so. So I put it on varying speeds (1.25, 1.5, 2, even 5 but that was just crazy) and just went dicking around. I wasn’t playing seriously so as to interrupt the legit players doing objectives and what-not.

Needless to say, it was fun for like 15 minutes as I snuck up on my friend with a 2x speed maul and mashed him in, or shot him with a machine gun (shortbow on 5x), then I got bored and turned it off. It’s odd though that even a 1.1 or 1.2 is very noticeable at least for the person doing it. Some people on my friend’s server though I was just lagging or something, until I turned it up to 2-5x and whizzed around the map. Nobody ever tried to votekick me, though.

tl;dr: A friend agreed to let me try speedhack on his server and it was boring after 15 minutes.

• The global ban list IS only for official servers, HOWEVER, server owners can add the code to their servers if they so desire, if they wish to include all the people we banned on their servers as well.

However, the current ban in effect is separate from the global ban list. The recent 40 bans are actually VAC banned.

• What was his ping? Also, sometimes I see people moving / attacking oddly, even though they have low pings, but I don’t think they’re all hacking. I think it’s either heavy packet loss or in some way low fps translating to choppy animations.

It didn’t look like he was speed hacking, just that his attacks were totally out of sync.

• I saw a hacker today. But this was a push a button and everybody dies type hacker. I think he just slashed the air and everyone took damage. Including his team mates.

I banned him off all games on net servers down here.

Though obvious hacker like that don’t last that long. They get votekicked.

• @CRUSHED:

Its hilarious how people are still bad even with hacks.

It’s hilarous how pedant morons are equal to themselves… Anyway, applying ban manually is really STONE AGE. Will TBS evolve one day and stop being ridiculously outdated ?

• @The:

What was his ping? Also, sometimes I see people moving / attacking oddly, even though they have low pings, but I don’t think they’re all hacking. I think it’s either heavy packet loss or in some way low fps translating to choppy animations.

It didn’t look like he was speed hacking, just that his attacks were totally out of sync.

Really? He’s outrunning Vanguards as a Knight and speedhacks are known for de-syncing swings. Even if there’s a remote possibility that he’s not hacking, that kind of crap doesn’t fly. Just watch the kill that happens on the MAA at .05 seconds. He kills him while in recovery. Unless this is some wild new psionic swing mechanic by Torn Banner, he should be kicked from any game he goes into.

His ping was fine, between 50 and 100, not high enough to cause issues.

• @The:

What was his ping? Also, sometimes I see people moving / attacking oddly, even though they have low pings, but I don’t think they’re all hacking. I think it’s either heavy packet loss or in some way low fps translating to choppy animations.

Scrub to 0:45. On his respawn, you can clearly see him, as a knight, outrunning a vanguard.

• @HEXEN:

http://youtu.be/xM_pAQ-9j0s

Obvious stuff like this is obvious. It’s a real shame people aren’t adept enough at identifying stuff like this, and it’s even more of a slap to the face when they take up arms against the people trying to initiate the kick.

Yeah you should just report it to a moderator as instructed in the sticky and get them banned.

• @HEXEN:

@The:

Really? He’s outrunning Vanguards as a Knight and speedhacks are known for de-syncing swings. Even if there’s a remote possibility that he’s not hacking, that kind of crap doesn’t fly. Just watch the kill that happens on the MAA at .05 seconds. He kills him while in recovery. Unless this is some wild new psionic swing mechanic by Torn Banner, he should be kicked from any game he goes into.

His ping was fine, between 50 and 100, not high enough to cause issues.

I’m not saying it’s acceptable at all, that crap annoys the hell out of me, but it doesn’t to me appear to be something intentional. I remember a while back Retsom had an issue similar to this, he was out of sycn and going at light speed simply because of an OC to his cpu or something. I’m not saying that’s what this is, but who knows. There are a lot of finicky issues. I’ve seen players with 4 ping that seem to lag worse than 200 and behave similar to that.