The long lost class, shunned and forgotten

• Poor Javelineer

May 17th 2013
    @SlyGoat:

We’re definitely not satisfied with the way javelins work right now. They’ll be getting some improvements in the next update for sure.

alas nothing. I wanted to go back to this class but I fear it may not be until 2014 or Chivalry 2

_ygRholyh5g

• Ah,well you should have watched the TPL EU 6v6 tournament.
    http://www.twitch.tv/heightofabsurdity/b/433777084
    Indeed,this setup is rare(even more so in the competitive scene),but there was one guy who did an amazing job both as an archer and a melee troop with that setup.
    [TEMPLAR]27,just check out any matches “TEMPLAR” was in or watch the finals [TEMPLAR] vs RK. http://www.twitch.tv/heightofabsurdity/b/434328120
    I tell ya,that guy is a monster with a javelin,he doesn’t miss…ever… :D .
    I had the pleasure of fighting with him,and he is very precise and accurate.
    This just proves that this setup is still very viable and strong,but hard to use,which is why people don’t put much time into it i presume.

• Javelins are still cool as fuck!

• Definitely great at pubbing.

• I would use it all the time in pubs, except that I play TO as attacker and usually already have 4+ archers on my team, so I would lose if I picked another.

• Javelins are powerful if used right.
    They still got three major problems:

• some Archer weapons are too strong right now (making them higher priority)
    • class limits prevent you from using the Javelin by gimping your possible team compositions
    • shields are very weak right now, especially the Buckler

• I’m scrimming quite happily with the heavy javelin right now. They’ve arguably stronger than ever right now with faster cycle times for both throwing and melee in addition to stab damage buffs.

• @Shard:

Ah,well you should have watched the TPL EU 6v6 tournament.
    http://www.twitch.tv/heightofabsurdity/b/433777084
    Indeed,this setup is rare(even more so in the competitive scene),but there was one guy who did an amazing job both as an archer and a melee troop with that setup.
    [TEMPLAR]27,just check out any matches “TEMPLAR” was in or watch the finals [TEMPLAR] vs RK. http://www.twitch.tv/heightofabsurdity/b/434328120
    I tell ya,that guy is a monster with a javelin,he doesn’t miss…ever… :D .
    I had the pleasure of fighting with him,and he is very precise and accurate.
    This just proves that this setup is still very viable and strong,but hard to use,which is why people don’t put much time into it i presume.

He’s already unstoppable. If they buff javelins he’ll be GOD-TIER! :o

• the only time we use jav man in scrims is when the other team goes double archer and and we need 5 shields to steam roll their melee, but even then double archer is a very powerful setup this patch with the increased arrow velocity and the goddam banana stab on the saber.

• A lot of servers impose a limit on the number of archers. Making javelins hard to play as. Should it be a class of its own? Or maybe moved to MAA instead of archers category?

• @gregcau:

Poor Javelineer

May 17th 2013
    @SlyGoat:

We’re definitely not satisfied with the way javelins work right now. They’ll be getting some improvements in the next update for sure.

alas nothing. I wanted to go back to this class but I fear it may not be until 2014 or Chivalry 2

Wuh…?

Patch 2 jav changes:

Javelin shield punch attacks windup/release/recovery all .35/.3/.5.
    Short spear stab windup/release/recovery from .45/.3/.55 to .4/.3/.5 and damage from 45 to 50
    Javelin stab windup/release/recovery from .4/.3/.65 to .425/.325/.55 and damage from 55 to 60
    Heavy Javelin stab windup/release/recovery from .5/.35/.7 to .45/.35/.6 and damage from 60 to 70
    Javelin throw windup from .4 to .6
    Javelin reload from .9 to .6
    Small spear throw windup from .3 to .5
    Small spear reload from .8 to .5
    Heavy javelin throw windup from .5 to .65
    Heavy javelin throw recovery from 1 to .65

I’m still not happy with how javelins feel, but you can’t say they got nothing.

• @Leto:

A lot of servers impose a limit on the number of archers. Making javelins hard to play as. Should it be a class of its own? Or maybe moved to MAA instead of archers category?

Why not just don’t limit Archers instead? If they are too strong they should be nerfed not limited. If not there is no reason to limit them.

Still the biggest issue is the weakness of shields. You lose stamina so fast that you can barely stand against anyone in melee (Flails got the same problem).

• They limited them because people hate to play with an unorganized team of 6 archers who are unable to hit or push the objective. Not much to nerf there….
    I still find teamkilling slashspammer to be the bigger problem. To be king on a pub means 70% of all damage you recieve is friendlyfire but apparently that’s acceptable. :D I think since javs don’t fill the archer role at all, they should indeed use maa slots (if they’re even limited), but currently you can’t even change your weaponsetup while said class limit is reached so how realistic is it to hope for such a tweak?

• ARCHER LIMIT OR ANY CLASS LIMIT IS SERVER SETTING, GET WITH IT!

• I assure you this class is not forgotten, for I am keeping it alive.

• The problem is not that javelins aren’t powerful or aren’t receiving any buffs. It is simply that Bow/Xbow archers basically fill the same role, but better. While it is certainly possible to destroy as a javelin archer, you can almost certainly do better with a bow/xbow.

• @LosPepe’s:

I assure you this class is not forgotten, for I am keeping it alive.

As am I, good sir. Though people get really PO’d when you do well as a Javer. I use the first Jav myself. I don’t buy into that heavy jav hype.

• @ChuckingIt:

@LosPepe’s:

I assure you this class is not forgotten, for I am keeping it alive.

As am I, good sir. Though people get really PO’d when you do well as a Javer. I use the first Jav myself. I don’t buy into that heavy jav hype.

Light Javelin for max ammo imo

• I am fine with its throwing ability and the damage amount.

I JUST WANT TO BE COOL IN MELEE like Brad Pitt.

And with a predictable stabby stabby and an annoying shield its just not fun.

I want melee options and ideally not be a paper archer that dies to one overhead.

• @gregcau:

….
    I JUST WANT TO BE COOL IN MELEE like Brad Pitt.

TTRRRRROOOYYYYY!!!

I used to use the Tier 1 before the patch. Now post patch its heavy javelin all the way, but then i main melee for this loadout.

I’d like slightly better armour as per MAA, but a separate class to live in.