Your desk / rig setup?

• I was looking for a thread about everyone’s setup and rig information, but there doesn’t seem to be one surprisingly enough. I guess I will start it then, why miss an opportunity to show off a bit eh? ;)

I finished setting everything up a couple days ago, getting used to it. Moved most of it from my room to the living room, feels more open out here. It’s awesome, I have to say. I can clone the monitor image to the TV to display it in full cinematic glory, while still having the responsiveness and precision of a monitor. Important in Chivalry.

The rig:

Corsair 600T White Edition Mid tower case
    Intel 2500k @ 5 ghz cooled by a Swiftech H220
    ASrock Extreme 3 Gen 3 motherboard (latest bios)
    16 GB corsair vengeance ram running at 1,600 mhz
    2 OCZ Solid 3 SSDs in raid 0 (120 GB total)
    GTX Asus DirectCUII 770 (factory oc)
    Corsair AX860i platinum PSU
    Windows 7 64 bit

There you go, now post yours so we can all judge each other and compete for the biggest e-peens!

• I think you have scared everyone off with your set-up.

• Grainy Pics but oh well

[image:1kg7t1be]http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o608/chuckdatass/DesktopPic_zpsabb04e68.jpg[/image:1kg7t1be]

[image:1kg7t1be]http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o608/chuckdatass/TowerPower_zps42172743.jpg[/image:1kg7t1be]
    2 Asus 23.5 inch monitors. Gaming monitor(on the left) 1 ms response time.
    Samsung smart tv on the right, used to play computer games with a gamepad(ie Arkham City, DMC), as well as duplicate what I am playing if someone wishes to watch.

CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.2 air cooled
    GPU: Sapphire HD Radeon 7970 3gb
    Storage: SSD boot w/ 2tb HDD
    RAM: 8 gb @ 1600mhz <– Next upgrade
    MOBO: Asus Pro-V Z77

• I JUST upgraded my computer. New stuff is at the top.

NEW: Intel Core i5-3350P
    NEW: ASrock z77 Extreme 4 motherboard
    NEW: Sata 3 SSD 120gb ( OLD: plus 2 Western Digital hard drives 1TB and 600 gb)
    NEW: 16 GB corsair vengeance ram
    ATI Radeon HD 5770 - 1GB - Single Card
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    NZXT Lexa-S Gaming Case - Black w/ Blue Light

Updated with pics!

[image:27z7ehwo]http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww19/kimiko_desu/Compy/2013-07-28195700_zps3635d5c1.jpg[/image:27z7ehwo]

[image:27z7ehwo]http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww19/kimiko_desu/Compy/2013-07-29235351_zpsb53a637c.jpg[/image:27z7ehwo]

Next to my monitor is my shiny new laptop as well:

IdeaPad Y410p Laptop - 59369921 - Dusk Black - I love the red & black. My 2 favorite colors ^_^

• Lol I pretty much did what kimi did in terms of upgrading.

But I have pictures.

[image:1hl8ipzn]http://i42.tinypic.com/33a3xmo.jpg[/image:1hl8ipzn]
    [image:1hl8ipzn]http://i42.tinypic.com/2l89rvs.jpg[/image:1hl8ipzn]

So as you can see there I have a 21" Samsung LED 2ms reponse screen and a coolermaster centurion 560 mid tower case. It has space for 9 disk drives on the front if you want. Though if I did that I would only be Ble to have one hard drive. I also have a genius keyboard that recently replaced my Mitsubishi keyboard from 1998 and a mouse of some description. Its beige. I have a new headset with a clear microphone and really damns good bass. And it was $60 NZD and made by Microsoft which is surprising. The LX-3500. Things by default its too much bass so I had to equalise it a bit.

And yes that is a VCR player up there.

[image:1hl8ipzn]http://i44.tinypic.com/rtnnlg.jpg[/image:1hl8ipzn]

This is a closer look of the mouse and keyboard. And as you can see I have no mouse space. There is also quite a bit of car fur over the keyboard. He sleeps on it an jumps on it when your using it. My cat’s weird.

And I walk into the next room and look what I find.

! [image:1hl8ipzn]http://i44.tinypic.com/biqd12.jpg[/image:1hl8ipzn]
    ! I told you that fat bastard was weird.

Anyway the specs.
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77x-UD3H
    CPU: i5 3570k at 3.4GHz stock cooler
    RAM: 8GB of GSkill RAM at 1600MHz
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5670 OC GI edition (a beast of a 5670)
    Hard drive: Western digital cavier Black 1GB 7200RPM (survives earthquakes) used to be backed up by a 1GB seagate drive (does not survive earthquakes). And a couple Of other random drives that aren’t connected.
    PSU: 500W ATX something brand PSU.
    Cooling: A couple of 120mm fans and whatever came with the hardware.

• I LOVE BRAGGING THREADS! :D

CPU: i5-3570k
    RAM: 32GB
    GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    PSU: 750W
    Case: Corsair 500R
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    HDD: Seagate Barracude 2TB
    Mobo: ASUS P8Z77

And then there’s two 24" ASUS monitors and my oculus rift and my 15" retina macbook pro.

I think I either want to upgrade to an SLI of the 670 or upgrade to a 700 series sometime soon though. :D

• Mr. Moneybags here ;)

@b3h47pte:

I LOVE BRAGGING THREADS! :D

And then there’s two 24" ASUS monitors and my oculus rift and my 15" retina macbook pro.

I think I either want to upgrade to an SLI of the 670 or upgrade to a 700 series sometime soon though. :D

• @Kimiko:

Mr. Moneybags here ;)

@b3h47pte:

I LOVE BRAGGING THREADS! :D

You know it :)

• I’ll post pics when I get home from vacation.

CUP: AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz Six-Core
    Board: ASRock 970
    GPU: GeForce GTX 550 Ti (needs upgrade)
    PSU: 530W (needs upgrade)
    RAM: 4GB (Very much in need of a upgrade)
    Case: Zalman Mid-tower
    HD: Some retarded old thing that needs to be replaced with a fancy new one ;D

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013
    Mouse: Razer Deathadder (upgrading soon)
    Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2 (red)

• Some nice setups here. ;)

Lemon what the hell, how do you play Chivalry with so little room to move your mouse? You have like 2 inches on each side.

• Updated my post with pics and a couple other details. I will be getting a second monitor next month as well.

Meow - Yeah, I had 4gb of ram too and having the 16gb is a sooo much nicer! I can’t believe how much smoother my computer is now. Of course I needed the much better CPU as well. :3

Lemon - Lolol what… Your tiny space for a mouse. That’s so funny xD And here I thought I was lacking in space. I don’t even have a real desk xD

• @Kimiko:

Updated my post with pics and a couple other details. I will be getting a second monitor next month as well.

Meow - Yeah, I had 4gb of ram too and having the 16gb is a sooo much nicer! I can’t believe how much smoother my computer is now. Of course I needed the much better CPU as well. :3

Lemon - Lolol what… Your tiny space for a mouse. That’s so funny xD And here I thought I was lacking in space. I don’t even have a real desk xD

Dude…your desk is tiny!

• @Kimiko:

Updated my post with pics and a couple other details. I will be getting a second monitor next month as well.

I want to do some updates but sadly those have to wait until November/December. All my moneys is going towards cosplay and food lol

• @b3h47pte:

Dude…your desk is tiny!

Cause it’s not a “desk” :P.

@Meow:

I want to do some updates but sadly those have to wait until November/December. All my moneys is going towards cosplay and food lol

In time you’ll get it! Food is essential and cosplay is kinda too xD I don’t even have time to do my cosplay, but I’m fine with it for now xD

• @The:

Some nice setups here. ;)

Lemon what the hell, how do you play Chivalry with so little room to move your mouse? You have like 2 inches on each side.

If I turn my mouse sideways I can’t move the mouse. And I don’t use high sensitivity either.

Its the same desk I’ve had for years. I’m just used to playing in 6 inches of mouse space. I kinda twist my mouse to do things. I just got used to it.

Anyone else who plays on it gets sore thumbs as they keep bashing the keyboard.

I make sure the sensitivity I have means I do a complete 360 when I drag my hand fast.

And that draw that the keyboard and mouse sits on is older than me. It came from a different desk that I found at my parents house. After that damn cat jumped on it and broke the last slide out tray thingy. I live in a shared house we call the flat. My room is actually half of a living room. They put a wall down the center. And its allowed pets.

Still if I got a bigger desk where the hell would I put it. I’m against the back wall pretty much taking those pictures. That card box box you see is at the foot of my bed.

• This is my old setup:

[image:huqfcjql]http://oi50.tinypic.com/358rzmo.jpg[/image:huqfcjql]

Firstly, please excuse the atrocious “80’s” styling of brown mixed with super brown, while faintly accented with different variations of brown.

The TV is a Samsung PS51E550D1M. When it is setup correctly on DVI mode with the appropriate settings, it was actually pretty good as a gaming monitor.

The G27 is broken now, raced too vigorously in my sim racers :(

My computer is:
    CPU: i7-920 D0 @ 3.8ghz.
    RAM: 12gb G-skill tri channel @ 2100mhz
    GPU: GTX 580 3gb OC edition.
    SSDs, lots of storage space, etc etc.
    It’s getting on in its age but still plays everything at max/almost max.

I’ve since moved out of that residence and haven’t had the time to organise moving the rest of my stuff.

I’m currently just using a Samsung S27A950 120hz monitor and the Acer screen in the above photo on the left as my secondary monitor. Going from the TV to this screen was so nice, I might just put the TV in the lounge and make a home theatre room out of it :D

• Please tell me that you play games at more than 1080 on that screen sitting that close. Your eyes will die. Well mine would.

And are those lights there? Why do you have backlights?

• @lemonater47:

…,And are those lights there? Why do you have backlights?

they look like surround sounds speakers :D

• @Kimiko:

[image:5bqyj1cs]http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww19/kimiko_desu/Compy/2013-07-28195700_zps3635d5c1.jpg[/image:5bqyj1cs]

iBuyPower!!!

You didn’t custom build it! Blasphemy! :berz:

• @ChuckingIt:

@Kimiko:

[image:4g14tys9]http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww19/kimiko_desu/Compy/2013-07-28195700_zps3635d5c1.jpg[/image:4g14tys9]

iBuyPower!!!

You didn’t custom build it! Blasphemy! :berz:

Lol no not the first time - although I chose the components within my price range at the time. The upgrades I did all by myself. (CPU, SSD, ram, motherboard, GPU… basically everything… >.>)

And nothing broke! But the drivers… omg they messed with me so bad. Who would have thought the drivers that came on the CD would mess with me.