Left handed, right handed swaps?

• Title kind of explains it, but wouldn’t it be cool to have an option to be able to have your weapon on your left hand, or your two hander more left arm dominant?

This Suggestion is for the left handed people…obviously. Hell, I might go left handed just to see how I do, I might even laugh my ass off doing it.

It would also make more sense of the left sided third person view. Cough Cough

• I’d be fine with it, as long as we can burn left handed fighters at the stake for witchcraft. You know, for historical accuracy.

• Hold Down alt and he swings from the other side.

• @lemonater47:

Hold Down alt and he swings from the other side.

It’s meant for viewing purposes, and meant for the leftys’ that would feel a little more comfortable with the sword on the left side of the screen. or sword on the left hand in third person view. holding down alt-swings is just an alt swing…not a swap, huge difference.

• This was discussed before. It would be OP.

And come on. How many of you lefties actually use medieval weapons on a regular basis?

• Depends on whether you call a hatchet a medieval weapon. :D

Actually I’m fine as it is right now, the alternative attacks gave the system the depth it needed and I don’t think I would get used to fight lefthanded or to fight lefthanders. :P

• Their unreal engine even supports left-handed mode as a simple coding, but they have to do something with shield position and swing traces of course

• @lemonater47:

This was discussed before. It would be OP.

And come on. How many of you lefties actually use medieval weapons on a regular basis?

I suppose it would be, if your blind or suck at blocking.

people block left sided alt swings all the time, I don’t see how a left handed swipe can be harder to block…unless like I said before, an individual has to suck at blocking.

We’re humans that can figure things out, we’re smart, and with two eyes, how hard can it be? We’re not animals being trained on how to do anything.

Second of all, if you’re playing games in he first place, you have to be at least some-what coordinated. As I’m sure we all are.

@Wildwulfy

Yeah, I knew there would be at least some work in it.

• wasn’t fighting left-handed forbidden?

• I’m left handed dominant but ambidextrous. So this would be good for me :)

We should be able to duel wield with 2 mice IMO.

• @giantyak:

I’m left handed dominant but ambidextrous. So this would be good for me :)

We should be able to duel wield with 2 mice IMO.

Then how do you move?

• what, you don’t have three arms? :o

• Just bind the keys correctly and she’ll be right.

• @Deadpan:

what, you don’t have three arms? :o

Would be cool though, if you had something for your feet or foot to control movement of body x) Like a pad of some sort, that rotates or whatnot. Then you have two hands free for arm movement! (and the buttons on the sides of the mice to switch weapon and stuff like that)

• somebody please make that, that would be awesome! just imagine using two mice, one for each arm, with the mouse-buttons for sticking out your weapon, while you swoop your mouse to make a strike, or block or whatever, while controlling character movement with a plateau for your feet, like that dance revolution thing, but for seated use.

then, if you move that up to a 360° treadmill type of movement control, and virtual reality glasses with stereo vision…

why don’t we have this shit yet?

• @Deadpan:

somebody please make that, that would be awesome! just imagine using two mice, one for each arm, with the mouse-buttons for sticking out your weapon, while you swoop your mouse to make a strike, or block or whatever, while controlling character movement with a plateau for your feet, like that dance revolution thing, but for seated use.

then, if you move that up to a 360° treadmill type of movement control, and virtual reality glasses with stereo vision…

why don’t we have this shit yet?

It’s actually in development.

• You could just have weapon control on the “dominant hand” and shield control (or secondary weapon) on the other.

Dominant hand does the complicated stuff and controls the various keybindings that you need for advanced functions.
    -mouse look on [no button press] and action on [holding a button].

The other hand can control movement on mouse look (as per doom 1 mouse controls) and shield/secondary weapon functions (including aiming) on [holding a button]. This is similar to how old games used to use joysticks (they also used to use mice in a similar way to how joysticks were used)