For you frame-perfect junkies out there.

• Here’s something to practice for.

If you don’t hit that spot on frame 1 exactly, you will either miss past them, or you will get blocked.

EDIT: Keep in mind that this is not practical, and it will most likely get you hit or killed trying it. But it can be impressive if you can pull it off in the heat of battle.

• Your swing drag speed is capped as soon as you windup. There’s no way you can get from that windup to that frame 1 release without making it much more obvious that you are trying for it, in which case the enemy probably won’t block as shown.

• It’s not a perfect illustration, but it gets the point across.

From the defenders POV, it looks like your attack phases right through his block, since the first frame of the attack hits the back half of his model.

• I’ll be making a video about this when my hardware stops failing.

• ANOTHER CLANFAG EXPLOIT TO ABUSE!

• @rumpelstiltskin:

ANOTHER CLANFAG EXPLOIT TO ABUSE!

LOL

• @rumpelstiltskin:

ANOTHER CLANFAG EXPLOIT TO ABUSE!

WOOHOO

• How dare these clanfags withhold information about mouse dragging during slash for so long.

String them up!

• Maybe we can put a bubble on the back end of the sword so this obvious exploitation of game mechanics and blatant clanfag hack is nerfed ASAP.

We should also probably come up with some more lockout periods and stun timers to really stick it to those exploit hackers!

• @HEXEN:

Maybe we can put a bubble on the back end of the sword so this obvious exploitation of game mechanics and blatant clanfag hack is nerfed ASAP.

We should also probably come up with some more lockout periods and stun timers to really stick it to those exploit hackers!

Oh yeah, definately sounds like plausible solitions(TBS thought process right here).

xD

• Been doing this for a long time, as have others I know. You post it like its some big secret you’re telling the world lol. This is a very basic swing manipulation. Put the blade in the bad guy, and not in his block, got it.

EDIT: What jstorm said too, its not hard to block at all.

• You guys are making it sound unparryable and OP for those who didn’t know about this trick. Just to clear things up for those people it is very parryable you just need to look towards the player using it instead of at the tip of his weapon so that his release phase will start both inside of you and your block rather than in you and behind your block. And requires less thought than I make it sound, you don’t nee to look to your left/right that much at all, for example, against a sword, just looking between the hilt and the middle of his sword will prove sufficient, I find.

• THOSE CIRCLES MAKE AS MUCH SENSE AS A METH ADDICT GIVING AWAY HIS LOTTERY WINNINGS!

• @Hitom:

THOSE CIRCLES MAKE AS MUCH SENSE AS A METH ADDICT GIVING AWAY HIS LOTTERY WINNINGS!

They make perfect sense…

The red triangles indicate which direction he is facing. The sword represents the guy’s positioning of his weapon in both his windup and first frame of release in both direction’s he is facing. The little minor arc in front of to the top figure on the second drawing represents his parry detection.

• @Anonymoose:

Been doing this for a long time, as have others I know. You post it like its some big secret you’re telling the world lol.

Seriously dude?

I’m just posting it because I can. I’ve known about it for awhile, too, was just too lazy to do it and never got around to do it until now.

Not a big secret, but still… how the fuck am I posting it like it is some kind of big secret I’m revealing? Just saying that implies it is.

Just to clear things up for those people it is very parryable you just need to look towards the player using it instead of at the tip of his weapon

We’re talking about two different things then. Depending on if you regular swing or alt swing, and depending on the place the enemy is positioned next to you, it WILL “phase through”.

I’m not an idiot either. I’ve heavily tested this by blocking the way you are mentioning (because that’s the way you block it). It’s up to the attacker if he aim and time it frame-perfectly. If he succeeds, the correct way to block it is doing roughly a 180 degree turn, since the blade is on the back half or your model.

The reason it is NOT op is because it is just not practical, and it will most likely get you hit or killed trying it. But it is impressive if you can pull it off.

• Ironically, the players who typically manage to do this to me are noobs that mash lmb and turn to exaggerate every single one of their strikes. What usually occurs when they do this: It appears to be a ghost swing because it goes right through me without doing damage / connecting to my parry (he dragged too much), or it hits me, despite me aiming at the tip of their weapon as I would any other lmb, and I’m slightly annoyed now so instead of trying to parry I just dance around their swings and use range play.

I don’t think a rank 40+ player has ever performed this on me, or even tried. Too risky.

• @NoVaLombardia:

Just to clear things up for those people it is very parryable you just need to look towards the player using it instead of at the tip of his weapon

We’re talking about two different things then. Depending on if you regular swing or alt swing, and depending on the place the enemy is positioned next to you, it WILL “phase through”.

I’m not an idiot either. I’ve heavily tested this by blocking the way you are mentioning (because that’s the way you block it). It’s up to the attacker if he aim and time it frame-perfectly. If he succeeds, the correct way to block it is doing roughly a 180 degree turn, since the blade is on the back half or your model.

The reason it is NOT op is because it is just not practical, and it will most likely get you hit or killed trying it. But it is impressive if you can pull it off.

Hmm… maybe I’ve never fought anyone that can pull it off very often or maybe the fact that I always matrix parry(crouch lean back parry) has something to do with it because you can block attacks that are behind you with matrix parries.

Also, why did you infer that I was implying that you were an idiot?

• @Jstorm:

You do that to a lot of people… that was more aimed at moose than you.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@Jstorm:

You do that to a lot of people… that was more aimed at moose than you.

Only when they’re being an idiot. They’re being an idiot so I call them an idiot. But you weren’t doing anything that could possibly make you an idiot.

Btw, respond the the paragraph I said before I said that.

• Well yeah, crouch lean back parry is OP.

Like I said… its not practical, lol. Fun thing to attempt though against someone blocking like normal.