Bring back CftP and keep panic parry

• Everyone’s happy?

(bare in mind stamina cost differences)

• So you want people to be able to parry during their recovery (panic parry) as well as their combo windup (CFtP)?

Won’t that just mean fights always end in someone getting stamina stunned?

edit: Not to mention how weird and glitchy both animations look, but you want to have both in the game?

• Its just a suggestion.
    CftP requires more skill then panic parry and so CftP could have a stamina benefit over panic parry.
    Yes the animations look broken for it.

• I would rather have panic parry removed and have CFtP cost something ridiculous like 35 stamina. As long as theres no recovery parry and a viable CFtP I am 100% satisfied. Seeing that the stubborn TBS would never let that happen, I would be okay with having this suggestion implemented.

• @Jstorm:

I would rather have panic parry removed and have CFtP cost something ridiculous like 35 stamina. As long as theres no recovery parry and a viable CFtP I am 100% satisfied. Seeing that the stubborn TBS would never let that happen, I would be okay with having this suggestion implemented.

I would like this too.

• @Jstorm:

I would rather have panic parry removed and have CFtP cost something ridiculous like 35 stamina. As long as theres no recovery parry and a viable CFtP I am 100% satisfied. Seeing that the stubborn TBS would never let that happen, I would be okay with having this suggestion implemented.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• @giantyak:

CftP requires more skill then panic parry

Yes… it requires a MASSIVE amount of skill. So much skill that you have to climb to the tallest mountains in east asia and find a monk meditating on the top, just to learn from him. It takes years of practice to be able to master the technique. The ancient secret of pressing 1 extra button.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@giantyak:

CftP requires more skill then panic parry

Yes… it requires a MASSIVE amount of skill. So much skill that you have to climb to the tallest mountains in east asia and find a monk meditating on the top, just to learn from him. It takes years of practice to be able to master the technique. The ancient secret of pressing 1 extra button.

He didn’t say it takes a massive amount of skill. But doing 3 actions is more skillful than 1, no?

• So everyone can combo all day every day without a care in the world?

How about no.

• @RushSecond:

So everyone can combo all day every day without a care in the world?

How about no.

Without a care in the world? CFtP is easy to counter. Just because you haven’t figured out all the game’s mechanics doesn’t mean we all should suffer. Take the patch for example.

• @Jstorm:

He didn’t say it takes a massive amount of skill. But doing 3 actions is more skillful than 1, no?

2 button presses instead of 1.

Stop making CFtP threads. You have pro-mod for that.

They already said CFtP is not happening.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@Jstorm:

2 button presses instead of 1.

Stop making CFtP threads. You have pro-mod for that.

They already said CFtP is not happening.

Combo feint to parry

1. Combo
    2. Feint
    3. Parry

I said 3 actions, not button presses.

• @Jstorm:

Yes… but it is still 2 button presses. The button presses is where you are performing the mechanical skill.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@Jstorm:

Yes… but it is still 2 button presses. The button presses is where you are performing the mechanical skill.

What about pressing LMB or scrolling back or forward on the mouse wheel? And either way I was still right. 2 button presses is easier than 1. W/e not important let’s get back on topic.

• @Jstorm:

Without a care in the world? CFtP is easy to counter.

It’s extremely risky to counter. You have to feint at your opponent’s combo; that’s suicide against 95% of players.

Even regardless of that, my point remains. Combos still get the same defensive power as going into recovery (or much, much more defensive power in ProMod), so everyone would just combo combo combo combo combo and have this fallback crutch when they miss a strike.

• @RushSecond:

@Jstorm:

Without a care in the world? CFtP is easy to counter.

It’s extremely risky to counter. You have to feint at your opponent’s combo; that’s suicide against 95% of players.

No… if your fighting someone whom you know doesn’t CFtP then just dont do it. And if you feint at someone who’s comboing and you realize he’s comboing and not CFtPing then just FtP.

• No… if your fighting someone whom you know doesn’t CFtP…

Knowledge of your opponent is a luxury that TO players don’t have.

And if you feint at someone who’s comboing and you realize he’s comboing and not CFtPing then just FtP.

If that’s your plan then he could easily feint to hit you as well, or feint to idle and react to what you are doing. You are basically on even ground with him, which is absolutely ridiculous when he chooses to be recklessly aggressive after missing an attack.

• @RushSecond:

No… if your fighting someone whom you know doesn’t CFtP…

Knowledge of your opponent is a luxury that TO players don’t have.

@2vhrdvz5:

And if you feint at someone who’s comboing and you realize he’s comboing and not CFtPing then just FtP.

If that’s your plan then he could easily feint to hit you as well, or feint to idle and react to what you are doing.

That was the beauty of pre patch chivalry. Fast reflexes and endless predictions. Whereas now in live you are forced to guess between offense or defense before you even have enough information to logically make a decision between the two.

You are basically on even ground with him, which is absolutely ridiculous when he chooses to be recklessly aggressive after missing an attack.

Explain to me how being even woth eachother is absolutely ridiculous. You even said it youself that you were even. It’s amazing how you can contradict yourself and and then still stick to your point.

• @Jstorm:

Explain to me how being even woth eachother is absolutely ridiculous.

Really? You can’t see it? Okay let me help.

@RushSecond:

You are basically on even ground with him, which is absolutely ridiculous when he chooses to be recklessly aggressive after missing an attack.

@Jstorm:

That was the beauty of pre patch chivalry. Fast reflexes and endless predictions. Whereas now in live you are forced to guess between offense or defense before you even have enough information to logically make a decision between the two.

No guessing needed. Just realize that you missed an attack, go into recovery, and deal with what your opponents wants to try. You can’t continue aggression, but that’s your punishment for missing.