Rise Of Darkness (Supernatural Horde Co-Op Mode Idea)

• During the Civil war between The Mason Order and the Agatha Knights an scout group of Mason forces inspect the terrain in the ancient ruins of a fortress in the region of Barema. After they enter they discover a large door of epic proportions and old inscriptions and symbols from other times of the agathian continent buried deep in the heart of the thousands of years old building, in really old inscriptions one of the masons read that the door can only be openned with a sacrifice of blood and he who opens it shall doom the world to ages of darkness. Without believing a single word the mason leader of the group orders to the other to open the door, one of the most superstitious members of the group scared to death tries to flee and when he tries, one of the mason archers who is a true believer of the order and doesn’t accept traitors shoots him without hesitation. once he does that the room magicaly lighs up and the doors open…

that’s when hell breaks loose…

RISE OF DARKNESS

[image:3twdk4k5]http://www.iwallscreen.com/stock/fantasy-army-of-darkness.jpg[/image:3twdk4k5]

Rise Of Darkness is a new horde survival gamemode added into Chivalry Medieval Warfare that puts the players in the role of 4 heroes that have to defend of their castle for as long as they can surviving killing endless waves of undead armies, possessed peasants, werewolves, Ghouls, Vampires, demons and even dragons.

In Rise Of Darkness players can choose from the 4 different classes of the normal Chivalry MP and are in charge of defending their Castle fortress or city at ANY cost against the increasingly harder waves of enemies. Once all the players die or the castle is fully captured by the supernatural forces the game ends.

Everytime a wave ends and the enemy horde is defeated the players have the opportunity to rank up their hero, spend the money they have earned in battle, rebuild and arm up their fortress. Inside the castle there are four people they can spend the money they have won in battle on who can provide them various items, weapons, equipment, armor, upgrades and more.

The Merchant: The Merchant provides the heroes with armor, weapons, equipment and various upgrades for the weapons they have, he sells any kind of weapon, armor and fancy equipment the heroes would desire going from maces, swords,bows crossbows, javelins, flails, spears, clubs, sabers and much more and you can also sell him the loot you get from your fallen enemies to him for a price.

The Comander: The Commander can send letter to the high command asking for more troops to fight against the undead horde, with him you can buy any kind of armored troop to fight in the frontlines to soften or kill the undead straigh away or a battalion of archers to rain hell upon the hellspawns and you can upgrade them if they last, of course.

The Architect: The Architect is can rebuild the castle if it was to badly damaged from the battle and he can even add more defensive equipment like balistas, hot oil pots and archer watchtowers for the castle or in it’s vicinities.

The Mage: The mage can enchant the heroes armor and weapons so they can have aggresive abilities to them like setting of on fire enemies frezzing them or blowing them to the air or passive like regenerating stamina quicker, giving them more damage or quicker moves or upgrading their accuracy in combat.

The enemies would be peasants possesed by demons, undead hordes of soldiers, fast moving werewolves, esqueletons, flying vampires, evil specters/ghosts, and boss rounds like fire spitting dragons, teleporting demons and giant cyclops. The heroes would be able to take their weapons and use them or trade them with the merchant for more gold.
    [image:3twdk4k5]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130210211930/deadliestfiction/images/f/fa/Army_of_Darkness.jpg[/image:3twdk4k5]
    [image:3twdk4k5]http://cooldesktopbackgroundsx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Army-of-Darkness1.jpg[/image:3twdk4k5]

Any opinnions? questions? ;)

• nice I like that. a good “co-op” mode for sure

• @azuosed:

nice I like that. a good “co-op” mode for sure

I’m happy you liked it :D

• I like it! :)

Although I have a few opinions, first one is that I would like this to just be an isolated event. That these four heroes have to stop this curse before it leaves Barema and puts an end to both the Empire of Agatha and the Order of Masons. And this kinds of rules out having a commander that requests reinforcements to be sent between each round. I doubt that these four Mason soldiers would send a letter to Malric like “Dear Malric. While on our scouting mission in Barema to search for treasure and manpower to support our cause, we accidentally the whole thing and brought great evil over of the whole world. We wish for you to send a few guys over to defeat this army of undead hellspawn and hope that you can forgive us for this. Yours truly, and please don’t execute us, Scout Group Seven.”

I’m more for this group of heroes to be like “We caused this mess, and we for damn sure will clean it up! We can’t tell Malric about a mistake this grave, he’ll have us quartered! For the Mason Order, and godspeed.”

Also, in a bit of a twist, what about you being eight heroes? Say, that after you released the Darkness, and half of your scout group dies (for dramatic purposes, leaving the four of you), you get on your horses and ride for the nearest safety you can think of - an old and ill-maintained castle that belongs to Agatha, but since Barema is a place that sees little action, there are only four Agathians stationed there (along with a few servants and peasants.) You ride up towards the gate carrying a white flag, tell them about this horror you have released (“Typical Masons”, the Agathian Knight mutters) and that you need to cooperate to survive. They won’t believe you at first, locking you up in a supply room while they send word to Kearn. During the night, the castle is attacked by monsters and horrified Agathians let you out to help defend the walls. The messenger never made it long either, as he can be seen among the undead ranks climbing the walls.

• @SavageBeatings:

I like it! :)

Although I have a few opinions, first one is that I would like this to just be an isolated event. That these four heroes have to stop this curse before it leaves Barema and puts an end to both the Empire of Agatha and the Order of Masons. And this kinds of rules out having a commander that requests reinforcements to be sent between each round. I doubt that these four Mason soldiers would send a letter to Malric like “Dear Malric. While on our scouting mission in Barema to search for treasure and manpower to support our cause, we accidentally the whole thing and brought great evil over of the whole world. We wish for you to send a few guys over to defeat this army of undead hellspawn and hope that you can forgive us for this. Yours truly, and please don’t execute us, Scout Group Seven.”

I’m more for this group of heroes to be like “We caused this mess, and we for damn sure will clean it up! We can’t tell Malric about a mistake this grave, he’ll have us quartered! For the Mason Order, and godspeed.”

Also, in a bit of a twist, what about you being eight heroes? Say, that after you released the Darkness, and half of your scout group dies (for dramatic purposes, leaving the four of you), you get on your horses and ride for the nearest safety you can think of - an old and ill-maintained castle that belongs to Agatha, but since Barema is a place that sees little action, there are only four Agathians stationed there (along with a few servants and peasants.) You ride up towards the gate carrying a white flag, tell them about this horror you have released (“Typical Masons”, the Agathian Knight mutters) and that you need to cooperate to survive. They won’t believe you at first, locking you up in a supply room while they send word to Kearn. During the night, the castle is attacked by monsters and horrified Agathians let you out to help defend the walls. The messenger never made it long either, as he can be seen among the undead ranks climbing the walls.

Great ideas, although making it only in Barema would be wasting potential. Yes the Idea of the 4 surviving mason heroes is great and those story details are also really cool but, let’s say that meanwhile the 8 heroes (masons and agathians) are fighting off the undead horde in the castle, all over the agathian continent the darkness is starting to spread and various fortresses, castles and cities the hellspawns are starting to attack and is’t up to the respective high command soldiers that are in those respective fortresses to defend them. In that way there would be a bigger variety of maps the players could use to have fun and slay undead hell creatures. And also an Objetive mode would be awesome and would tell the story through out by having players do objectives like purging areas from the hell spawns maybe by making a religious artifact that can repell them, killing an special enemy that makes the undead hordes flee and even the 8 heroes closing the door of Darkness kinda like in L4D style wre you do objectives and run through a whole level.

• Yeah, well, these “first heroes” wouldn’t know if it spread outside of Barema :P It’s the 14th century, there’s no sattelites or cell phones to keep up with where the Darkness is going and if other cities have fallen. They might just believe it’s only happening to themselves. But later, they return to whichever city their king is residing, and notice that the city is razed to the ground, and everyone there are torn into pieces by tentacled hellspawns… but some people apparently managed to escape! Time to go find out where your missing friends are! You follow their tracks, the dead bodies and the razed villages and you… run into your old agathian pals again! They too had returned to their city only to find all of its previous inhabitants had joined the ranks of the undead, including their highest in command! So they set out to find their king - Argon Jr. I guess - and the tracks they followed lead in the same direction as the tracks the Masons followed… why are they heading the same way?

Btw, is this an alternate universe where Kearn and Malric are still alive or will this be after all the events we’ve seen so far? Otherwise we are looking at other leaders, like Argon’s son and some other guy for the Mason Order.

• @SavageBeatings:

Yeah, well, these “first heroes” wouldn’t know if it spread outside of Barema :P It’s the 14th century, there’s no sattelites or cell phones to keep up with where the Darkness is going and if other cities have fallen. They might just believe it’s only happening to themselves. But later, they return to whichever city their king is residing, and notice that the city is razed to the ground, and everyone there are torn into pieces by tentacled hellspawns… but some people apparently managed to escape! Time to go find out where your missing friends are! You follow their tracks, the dead bodies and the razed villages and you… run into your old agathian pals again! They too had returned to their city only to find all of its previous inhabitants had joined the ranks of the undead, including their highest in command! So they set out to find their king - Argon Jr. I guess - and the tracks they followed lead in the same direction as the tracks the Masons followed… why are they heading the same way?

Btw, is this an alternate universe where Kearn and Malric are still alive or will this be after all the events we’ve seen so far? Otherwise we are looking at other leaders, like Argon’s son and some other guy for the Mason Order.

Alternative Universe definetly, also check this out :) VW38E98fdBw similar dont you think ? Btw real action starts at 53:16. Imagine that with Chivalry gamplay.

• Oh, I’ve seen the Evil Dead movies. And I know that’s something you are getting at with this mod suggestion ;)

What about Ash as an easter egg character?

• @SavageBeatings:

Oh, I’ve seen the Evil Dead movies. And I know that’s something you are getting at with this mod suggestion ;)

What about Ash as an easter egg character?

If it’s possible and Universal doesn’t f* torn banner over then yeah definetly if not then they can always just incorporate the “boomstick” and the chainsaw in the buyable arsenal from the merchant

• I don’t mind about the demon and monster, but please don’t let the heroes use magic ;)

Using pure human skill to defeat the demon is the true feat.

• @EricFong:

I don’t mind about the demon and monster, but please don’t let the heroes use magic ;)

Using pure human skill to defeat the demon is the true feat.

I’m all for that! :)

Unless, of course, the only magic is like finding the Necronomicon and saying the magic words to stop the army of darkness! Klaatu! Verata!..N-… Necktie? Nectar? Nickle? Noodle?

Klaatu! Verata! NeAHAHgeHE!

• I just had a glympse of my childhood and I remember having seen a really old Disney movie about a kid and a cauldron and there were really creepy medieval of esqueletons that looked even more frightning that the ones in Army Of Darkness.

• @Vlad:

I just had a glympse of my childhood and I remember having seen a really old Disney movie about a kid and a cauldron and there were really creepy medieval of esqueletons that looked even more frightning that the ones in Army Of Darkness.

The Black Cauldron from 1985?

[image:1uv9yfaz]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maat5wHNgi1r7twi0o1_400.jpg[/image:1uv9yfaz]
    [image:1uv9yfaz]http://images.wikia.com/disney/images/7/72/Blackcauldron576.jpg[/image:1uv9yfaz]
    [image:1uv9yfaz]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OxwDVcCPIgw/TUNvob0itxI/AAAAAAAAADI/iYLxwOeDMZc/s400/The-Horned-King-in-The-Black-Cauldron.jpg[/image:1uv9yfaz]
    [image:1uv9yfaz]http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/29400000/The-Black-Cauldron-classic-disney-29456585-1280-720.jpg[/image:1uv9yfaz]

• @SavageBeatings:

@Vlad:

I just had a glympse of my childhood and I remember having seen a really old Disney movie about a kid and a cauldron and there were really creepy medieval of esqueletons that looked even more frightning that the ones in Army Of Darkness.

The Black Cauldron from 1985?

[image:1wlt14be]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maat5wHNgi1r7twi0o1_400.jpg[/image:1wlt14be]
    [image:1wlt14be]http://images.wikia.com/disney/images/7/72/Blackcauldron576.jpg[/image:1wlt14be]
    [image:1wlt14be]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OxwDVcCPIgw/TUNvob0itxI/AAAAAAAAADI/iYLxwOeDMZc/s400/The-Horned-King-in-The-Black-Cauldron.jpg[/image:1wlt14be]
    [image:1wlt14be]http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/29400000/The-Black-Cauldron-classic-disney-29456585-1280-720.jpg[/image:1wlt14be]

Yes! That movie! my childhood :’)

• Bump.

hey it worked for The King.