Please implement a limit on drag range.

• As in, you can only change the direction of a swing to a certain extent (as in real life)
    Seriously, drag abusers are just getting boring. Somehow (with ridiculous mouse sensitivity, which btw is bad for competitive play as it limits precision) they swing their swords around their heads and in other unpredictable arcs.

This is the single biggest problem plaguing the game, not feinting.
    Feinting can be countered by careful observation of their swing, or by striking first.
    There is no real counter to this unrealistic style of dragging.

• @Xenharmonic:

Feinting can be countered by careful observation of their swing, or by striking first.
    There is no real counter to this unrealistic style of dragging.

Just like how you can counter feinting by careful observation, you can do the same with dragging.

Look at which direction they are facing.

Looking down? – fast overhead.
    Looking up? – slow overhead.

Horizontal looking toward/past you? – fast horizontal.
    looking away from you? – slow horizontal.

nuff said.

• Drags are not nearly as strong as you think they are. Feints are still the best fakeouts. Drags are kinda a secondary fakeout that I use. For example: It’s very easy to evade OH drags with footwork and it’s very easy to parry slash drags by running up into their weapon and as for stab drags, turn to your left againstva sword and to the right against a polearm/spear/blunt/axe.

• @Xenharmonic:

Somehow (with ridiculous mouse sensitivity, which btw is bad for competitive play as it limits precision) they swing their swords around their heads and in other unpredictable arcs.

I love hearing this. Have you tried dragging with a super high sensitivity? It actually can make it harder. Practice a bit more and you will hit the sweet spot speed that will let you drag the maximum distance.

• Someone’s saying he’s not in agreement with those drag exploits and all ProSluts rise. Some people CANNOT drag at all. So, using that unwanted mechanic (due to the non existant programming skills of TBS) gives an unfair advantage. But I think acting like bitches don’t bother you…

• @Junanagou:

Someone’s saying he’s not in agreement with those drag exploits and all ProSluts rise. Some people CANNOT drag at all. So, using that unwanted mechanic (due to the non existant programming skills of TBS) gives an unfair advantage. But I think acting like bitches don’t bother you…

What? People are bad at the game so we should remove everything that they can’t do? That’s some crazy logic.

Also, dragging - “real time swings” - is an intended mechanic; it has nothing to do with the skill of any programmers.

You people drive me crazy.

• @Junanagou:

Someone’s saying he’s not in agreement with those drag exploits and all ProSluts rise. Some people CANNOT drag at all. So, using that unwanted mechanic (due to the non existant programming skills of TBS) gives an unfair advantage. But I think acting like bitches don’t bother you…

someone didn’t read the tips on the loading screen

• @Junanagou:

Rofl…

• The game caps how much you can move your view per tick while swinging, mouse sensitivity has no effect on this.

• I laughed. Realtime swings is the term you’re searching for. it’s on the trailers, the loading-screens and…

We wanted the player to be in control and have the ability to adjust his attack in real time with the mouse.

But it’s obviously unwanted haha

• Global Moderator

Dragging is like the easiest mechanic ever. Its easier than feints. And I don’t even use a high sensitivity I hate high senitivities. And my mouse space is tiny. The width of space is literal the length of my mouse. If I turn it sideways I can’t move it. And as I recall everyone’s drag speed is the same regardless, I think.

Wow speak of the devil slygoat beat me to it.

God dammit stop posting before I do.

• Well you can drag a lot if you have a lot of space (at least I can). Once I almost destroyed my cup of water by dragging the mouse like one meter to the right. Haters be hatin

• What is this nonsense!?

• called it
    @Junanagou:

• @rumpelstiltskin:

called it
    @Junanagou:

Lol ikr.

Last time I checked TBS encouraged manipulating real-time strikes in a loading screen tip. Why would TBS encourage something that is apparently an unintended exploit?

• how about a limit on drag rage?

• @Escadin:

how about a limit on drag rage?

I agree!

Slygoat should consider making one of those forums posts that permanently stay on the top of the list of threads explaining how manipulating real time strikes(drags) is something that is intended. Also, I hve a question, though, Slygoat, how do you feel about reverse OHs? Is is putting more control in the player’s hands or is it exploiting weapon arcs?

• Global Moderator

Man those reverse overheads were so weird when I saw it happen for the first time.

But they are easy to read once you get used to them.

• Dragging is king. It’s the most reliable way to draw early parries, bypass shield and parry hitboxes, is visually impossible to identify (when thrust dragging properly), and costs no stamina. Wouldn’t mind more small nerfs to it.

• @FrostFire626:

Dragging is king. It’s the most reliable way to draw early parries, bypass shield and parry hitboxes, is visually impossible to identify (when thrust dragging properly), and costs no stamina. Wouldn’t mind more small nerfs to it.

Visually impossible to identify? Stab drags are very easy to identify and parry if you just look at his weapon… Same for OHs, footwork and he’ll whiff, trust me. Slashes, run into it…