What's going to happen next patch:

• The stamina buffs and Van knockback bump the Van back to unviability.

Knight becomes viable again with Van gone.

MAA remains king of duels, especially thanks to the stamina buffs.

Promod is on half the servers with Patch CU1 with terrible balance and game systems still in place

And now you can customize your characters, gj TB, pat yourselves on the back!

• Global Moderator

The world ends.

• I remember a time when all discussions in this forum were talking about bugs, they solved that :)
    Fucking whiners everywhere. Every game needs a process to be balanced, they will be trying for years maybe, so shut the fuck up please.

They don’t have the whole team working on balance, that’s why they are releasing paralel content, think with your brain.

• Secret stuff.

• @Kimiko:

Secret stuff.

Slutty stuff.

• Said it before and will say it again, game was most balanced in the closed beta. Minor tweaks were needed back then (like to falchion, halberd, Norse sword and flanged mace) but then they go and do stupid stuff like claymore, nerf longsword, overbuff spears, fundamentally change vanguards when really MaAs and archers need the fundamental changes, remove combo feint to parry and add in a crappy parry during recovery, destroy stamina, change bearded axe into an annoying weapon, buffed archers, buffed MaAs, and make shields in melee terrible.

The one thing I can think that I truly do like about the patches Chivalry has had since then is the daze for hard kicking shields. Yes, it does make shields in melee worse, but I think it’s a fun element to game play. Shields need more reason to use in melee, but that was one gameplay change I enjoyed. Duel mode is okay, and the only two TO maps I really enjoy are Stoneshill and Darkforest. As much as I wanted flails, I didn’t expect them to come with bucklers, and the pole hammer isn’t worth how good Chivalry used to be.

I used to be excited about Chivalry’s future, more content, better balance, bug fixes, but… Turns out Pro Mod is the only place for balance, and that doesn’t offer pub stomp experiences that I want from live, so. gg I guess. Here’s to hoping longsword becomes more than just a duel/clan battle weapon someday.

Last patch I felt like I was forced to play knight instead of vanguard most of the time, this patch I feel like I’m forced to play vanguard instead of knight. At least last patch MaAs and archers weren’t as good and I could use the claymore when I was bored of the greatsword and winning 1vs5s consistently was a common thing. If I knew the SoW and falchion nerfs would cost all the crap this patch has caused, I would’ve never wished for it.

• Global Moderator

I find the game more balanced. With the exception of spear LMBs. And a tad too much stamina drain.

You my freind are a perfect specimen of a human. Thinks the past was better than it was, the present worse than it is and the future more resolved that it will be. Its human nature. And a survival instinct pretty much. It drives people to do better.

• @lemonater47:

You my freind are a perfect specimen of a human. Thinks the past was better than it was, the present worse than it is and the future more resolved that it will be. Its human nature. And a survival instinct pretty much. It drives people to do better.

Except I’m not. I just know Chivalry was better back then because weapon speeds weren’t this fast for any weapon, and the weapon balance felt more smooth. Bearded axe was average at everything except range, and while it sucked, it was more fun to use then than now. Daggers were fast, yes, but so little that they weren’t OP at all. I remember the old cudgel too, I should’ve added that to things that needed nerfing, and Dane axe. While the community’s skill was still evolving and discovering a lot of new technology, the weapons were smooth. They behaved how you think they would behave. You see a bearded axe now and first think “Why is this so fast?” It’s not OP or anything, but it’s just not right. It’s hard to explain.

There’s a lot of reasons why I think it was better back then. It doesn’t have anything to do with rose tinted glasses or think the past was better than it was.

• Remember how fast the maul use to be? That thing could do 4 feints in a row before you could blink an eye. That crap was funny. There are so many little details like that, which has been fixed. But they are often forgotten with time…

• @SOC:

Said it before and will say it again, game was most balanced in the closed beta. Minor tweaks were needed back then (like to falchion, halberd, Norse sword and flanged mace) but then they go and do stupid stuff like claymore, nerf longsword, overbuff spears, fundamentally change vanguards when really MaAs and archers need the fundamental changes, remove combo feint to parry and add in a crappy parry during recovery, destroy stamina, change bearded axe into an annoying weapon, buffed archers, buffed MaAs, and make shields in melee terrible.

The one thing I can think that I truly do like about the patches Chivalry has had since then is the daze for hard kicking shields. Yes, it does make shields in melee worse, but I think it’s a fun element to game play. Shields need more reason to use in melee, but that was one gameplay change I enjoyed. Duel mode is okay, and the only two TO maps I really enjoy are Stoneshill and Darkforest. As much as I wanted flails, I didn’t expect them to come with bucklers, and the pole hammer isn’t worth how good Chivalry used to be.

I used to be excited about Chivalry’s future, more content, better balance, bug fixes, but… Turns out Pro Mod is the only place for balance, and that doesn’t offer pub stomp experiences that I want from live, so. gg I guess. Here’s to hoping longsword becomes more than just a duel/clan battle weapon someday.

Last patch I felt like I was forced to play knight instead of vanguard most of the time, this patch I feel like I’m forced to play vanguard instead of knight. At least last patch MaAs and archers weren’t as good and I could use the claymore when I was bored of the greatsword and winning 1vs5s consistently was a common thing. If I knew the SoW and falchion nerfs would cost all the crap this patch has caused, I would’ve never wished for it.

Yup, I was in closed beta for a short time only and then release version opened up. Game still was crazy good.

Then some out of the ass patches came.

OOOhhh I remember the patch (where the new weapon came) hit the servers. Seems like yesterday.
    OOhh that amount of broken fuck… Its an achievement worth

• @Lorac:

Every game needs a process to be balanced, they will be trying for years maybe, so shut the fuck up please.

• Is this another thread where we lament over the ungodly hours we put into “training” a certain playstyle that will be given minor tweaks in an upcoming patch?

If so,

DerpKing’s Lament

_**Woe is me, woe is me.

They done nerfed my spear’s LMB.

The knockback’s been changed, how will I fare?

I threatened to quit be they don’t seem to care!

Why won’t they listen? I spent a whole week,

Perfecting my lookdowns to demolish the meek.

How can I pubstomp if I can’t combo-feint?

Game is so slow, competitive this ain’t.

And now customization, is this TF2?

Microtransactions!? What next will they do!?

The end is at hand, good riddance I say

I don’t want pink knights, do you hear me? That’s gay!

_

• lol

• :P

• @sk00ma:

@Lorac:

Every game needs a process to be balanced, they will be trying for years maybe, so shut the fuck up please.

I used to believe that for Chivalry, but every single patch makes the game worse and worse. The direction it’s heading is a bad one that is much different from the game I started playing last October.

• @SOC:

@sk00ma:

@Lorac:

I used to believe that for Chivalry, but every single patch makes the game worse and worse. The direction it’s heading is a bad one that is much different from the game I started playing last October.

Sad +1

• GUYS! WHAT DOES THE WHINE SCOUTER SAY!? OVER 9000!? HOT DAMNIT!

• @SOC:

@sk00ma:

@Lorac:

Well you say it now because you only remember the good thing from October, I’ve played the game since August from last year and I can assure you that it has improved A LOT. And I amnot saying that the game is balanced or that some mechanic changes should be reverted, I’m talking about all the bugs that made this game almost unplayable (in a consistent way). The proof for that is that at that time (and almost until March) the forum was full with posts like (forge about balance, even if its horrible, and fix the bugs). To say that the game is worse is just plainly retard.

• @SOC:

@sk00ma:

@Lorac:

Hey quit stealing my poem material!

• @SOC:

kBwFbNYDEfY