Getting Rediculued for Complaining - About nerfing?

• Now its down to Ridicule? Vanguard is my Favourite class, the Combos Speed Has been slowed - The Claymore ready up speed is Slower, And The Replies im getting in this Forum is How much of a Troll i am , Even though ive been Playing since first release - 200+ hours and Even more Hours playing as vanguard.

Just because i “didn’t Read the patch notes” is Enough for you all to judge My grammar and call me a Troll. I think i have the right to complain, Since my favorite class Keeps getting Messed with… and NERFED.

The Combo Ready up has Been SLOWED.

If I do have spelling mistakes, my Bad, English is not my first language.

• Oh go away

• The windup (what you call ready up) time was increased for all weapons, but in fact since the claymore speed was increased so much its windup was probably unaffected. It’s hard to imagine what you are talking about. If you were discussing some other weapon I might agree with you. The claymore is so much faster than it used to be that it boggles the mind.

• @dudeface:

The windup (what you call ready up) time was increased for all weapons, but in fact since the claymore speed was increased so much its windup was probably unaffected. It’s hard to imagine what you are talking about. If you were discussing some other weapon I might agree with you. The claymore is so much faster than it used to be that it boggles the mind.

Just to make sure, that were talking about the claymore - Vanguard claymore - the Fastest 2 hander ?
    From my experience playing, it was faster … the combo - or ‘windup’ was much smoother and faster.
    I only wish i could provide a video. if there was a way to revert to the last patch.

• @unknown:

Just to make sure, that were talking about the claymore - Vanguard claymore - the Fastest 2 hander ?
    From my experience playing, it was faster … the combo - or ‘windup’ was much smoother and faster.
    I only wish i could provide a video. if there was a way to revert to the last patch.

from the patch notes
    @TBS:

Claymore slash windup/release/combo from .5/.55/.65 to .475/.45/.625 and damage from 75 to 60
    Claymore overhead windup/combo/release from .55/.675/.55 to .475/.625/.45 and damage from 85 to 70
    Claymore stab windup/combo/release from .65/.65/.45 to .55/.625/.4 and damage from 70 to 65

and if you wanted to test it, download the beta and get promod. all the mechanics in promod are pretty much identical to pre-patch chivalry so you can compare the two.

• [attachment=0:24stpwlj]selection.jpg[/attachment:24stpwlj]

This is the Claymore. It is and has ever been the fastest 2handed sword of vanguards.

Are you sure you’re talking about this exact weapon and class?

• @dudeface:

The windup (what you call ready up) time was increased for all weapons, but in fact since the claymore speed was increased so much its windup was probably unaffected. It’s hard to imagine what you are talking about. If you were discussing some other weapon I might agree with you. The claymore is so much faster than it used to be that it boggles the mind.

Windup speed was not increased for all weapons.

Claymore was indeed made a lot faster last patch, so I think people are probably ridiculing you and calling you a troll because they can’t understand how you could possibly think it’s slower.

I would wager that, because you specifically think the combo speed is slower, what you’re seeing is the significantly increased swing speed. The combo was sped up, but only very slightly - so in comparison to the rest of the swing, yes, the combo looks “slower” now. But it’s faster than it was in the previous patch, despite being slower in proportion to the rest of the attack - again, because the rest of the attack was sped up so much.

• This dude funny!

• After some thinking, I think what the OP might be noticing without realizing is the “bubble” making his attacks sometimes hit later then they would pre-patch.

• @Hitom:

After some thinking, I think what the OP might be noticing without realizing is the “bubble” making his attacks sometimes hit later then they would pre-patch.

Hm, I’ve read alot about this bubble-thing as well, but I haven’t been able to find any explanation about what it is. Perhaps you could provide a link?

• @Apicius:

@Hitom:

After some thinking, I think what the OP might be noticing without realizing is the “bubble” making his attacks sometimes hit later then they would pre-patch.

Hm, I’ve read alot about this bubble-thing as well, but I haven’t been able to find any explanation about what it is. Perhaps you could provide a link?

The “bubble” is an expanded collision radius for enemies. This means enemies can’t get as close as they could in the past while friendlies are (?) unaffected. This was implemented to combat facehugging and the infamous clipping of some weapons through you body, instantly hitting you upon release while beeing behind your parry. Side effects included seemingly shortened weapon and fist reaches, the buckler shield bash-thingy for javelins hitting jack shit, the need to increase dagger lengh, making navigating through enemy lines more tricky and another reason for the community to fling shit around.
    Personally I like that the effectiveness of facehugging got knocked down a little. But I’m just not sure how I feel about the bubble. Maybe it just feels to big. It definietly brought some problems. But fucked if I know.

OP: As others explained, I think the main reason of you beeing ridiculed is that you chose to complain about a percieved nerf of a weapon that received a buff and is even considered OP by some. Also: Just because you like a class it isn’t a reason to complain about a nerf if the nerf is deserved. I mostly play Vg and I think charge attack speed and knockback (not just on charge) should get toned down a bit. I appreciate them beeing usefull, but they just feel a bit silly now.