Please, for the love of fuck, please, remove the autobalance

• please! i really, really fucking hate being suddenly, forcibly switched to the other side. it’s an insult to all the effort i had put in, it’s confusing, it’s very demotivating, and just outright LETHAL to the experience of team-based gameplay.

i don’t care what comes or doesn’t come in its place, just remove forcible switching. it’s really, really horrible. it even forcibly suicides you in the middle of combat, and it’s just…i can’t take it anymore.

and why does it always target me, anyway? it seems to target me far more than anyone else.

• well who would leave their team? what if one team ends up leaving the game like 3 people at once, then your team is up by 3 people. Should the game just go on with less and less people on one of the teams? Very few people actually switch to balance the teams, they’d much rather stay on the winning side.

It does suck getting switched after a good effort though i agree. All i know is server admins have a choice for it to be random, or for the teamswitch to happen upon death, so like the next person/people that die get switched.

• Should be an NS2 style autobalance. Can’t respawn until someone else on your team dies. If you get fed up of waiting, switch over.

• /votekick autobalance. Problem solved.

• Private servers can disable autobalance if they so desire. But I found more people complained about it NOT being on than on. It’s definitely needed. We’ve all gotten switched when we didn’t want to, it happens :/

• @NabsterHax:

Should be an NS2 style autobalance. Can’t respawn until someone else on your team dies. If you get fed up of waiting, switch over.

^ This, Have to0 many people on one team and you don’t want to switch, just wait your turn to spawn.

• @NabsterHax:

Should be an NS2 style autobalance. Can’t respawn until someone else on your team dies. If you get fed up of waiting, switch over.

This^

• While I agree with the NS2 idea for different player amounts, it cant work for teams that are unbalanced because of player skill.

Stop whining about autobalance, its not like you worked hard to gain something you suddenly lost (or if so youre playing the game wrong). Its surely 10 times more annoying if you have to play on a team that constantly gets owned.

Finally theres an easy way to never get autobalanced: Join the weaker team.

• I think i set my server to death based auto balance, so the next person that dies gets switched. It’s not perfect, but at least you don’t get switched in the middle of actually doing an objective or while trying to kill someone, etc.

• @Towe:

Usually I find the problem most annoying when I’ve spent the last 20 minutes doing all the attacking objectives, then get switched on the last one. And because my old team was pretty much useless without me I end up spending 20 more minutes of boredom on the last objective of the defending team.

• Make the #1 player immune. That’s all I ask.

• @Towe:

While I agree with the NS2 idea for different player amounts, it cant work for teams that are unbalanced because of player skill.

Stop whining about autobalance, its not like you worked hard to gain something you suddenly lost (or if so youre playing the game wrong). Its surely 10 times more annoying if you have to play on a team that constantly gets owned.

uhm…no, i’d say the exact opposite. if i’m doing well, that means i’m contributing to gaining the objective. if you get switched, all of that effort is lost with nothing to show for it, except all that’s left is your score.

what that means is that it encourages people to play for score, thus it encourages kill-stealing and such, rather than going for or defending the objective, only to’ve been working to your own disadvantage.

and i figure i usually join the weaker team, because i always click “join random”.

i agree that having no balance feature would suck, but one that makes you stop caring about the objective at all is also bad. as suggested, i would prefere the one used in NS2. death in this game happens often enough, so that shouldn’t be a big deal.

• I thought the only people that got switched are recent joiners, or low scorers.

Never had a problem being switched.

• more incentive to play for score, then. guess i’ll have to stop baiting enemies into running away from the objective, or turning their backs on my allies, etc.

also this scoring system is next to useless, anyway.

• @Deadpan:

more incentive to play for score, then. guess i’ll have to stop baiting enemies into running away from the objective, or turning their backs on my allies, etc.

also this scoring system is next to useless, anyway.

yeah maybe kill someone lol

but I know what you mean, there are a few tactics that will mess up the enemy team but are not rewarded due to being tactical and not pure kills.

hmm I’ll think about that for my map.

• protecting the king or other allies with smoke grenades; guarding the objective by simply standing in the way or shielding an ally that’s shooting at ships or something; throwing an oil-pot between enemies and the objective; getting people’s guard up by threatening with a ranged weapon; chasing off an archer, or making them shoot your shield; causing enemies to hit eachother; pushing an enemy off a cliff or something … so many ways.

in fact, simply keeping them busy at the objective is probably more useful than killing them around their spawn.

i mean, the most annoying allies after troll or careless tkers, is the ones that go after kills while ignoring the objective.

• @Deadpan:

protecting the king or other allies with smoke grenades; guarding the objective by simply standing in the way or shielding an ally that’s shooting at ships or something; throwing an oil-pot between enemies and the objective; getting people’s guard up by threatening with a ranged weapon; chasing off an archer, or making them shoot your shield; causing enemies to hit eachother; pushing an enemy off a cliff or something … so many ways.

in fact, simply keeping them busy at the objective is probably more useful than killing them around their spawn.

Kind of hard to think up an algorithm to reward that with points though.

• true, i’m not asking for that.

• Easiest way is to solve it BF3-style.

Last team-joiner gets moved. But I hate doing it all own my own just to get moved to the other side. :P

• @gregcau:

I thought the only people that got switched are recent joiners, or low scorers.

Never had a problem being switched.

Everybody can be switched.

Once played against a guy who was the most responible player for his (attacking) team winning and also top scorer (no - thats not the same). When it was clear the defenders would lose some players left considering the game “technically over”. Autobalance kicked in…