Sale babies ruin this game.

• Vote kicked off 3 servers within 10 minutes of sitting down at my computer.

I got more playtime before the summer sale.

• Hmm I sense a pattern.

• @gregcau:

Hmm I sense a pattern.

Well yeah, but this seems to be lasting much longer, usually it’s just a few days.

• I’ve never been kicked ever.

My secret: don’t flame the newbies.

• It’s been a long time since I’ve seen anyone being kicked for a illegitimate reason. I played all through the steam sale too only on public servers. What does that say?

• There should be general survival rules for playing with newbies:

1. Be as silent as possible. Newbies might react aggressively and bite / votekick your head off.

2. Never go alone. The odds of getting TK’d or votekicked decrease if you have more people on your side.

3. Don’t get infected with their newbie ways. If a friend starts to flame or TK ditch him asap!! He’s lost anyway- save yourselves!

4. ….

• I tea bag and laugh at the ppl I kill with no problems, the only problem is when you taunt them in chat with lude and violent imagery then ppl throw a hissy fit.

• i would feel like an ass so i don’t do it, but i just want to kick everyone that has a ping over 100… i can’t stand it.

• How the hell do new players even know how to vote kick?

It took me until level 22 to figure that shit out. :?

• @DokB:

How the hell do new players even know how to vote kick?

probably have played another game that has a console in it. Or used the scoreboard.

• @DokB:

How the hell do new players even know how to vote kick?

They get frustrated after being beaten by a perceived “hacker” (read: skilled player), go to google and type “how to kick in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare” then find their answer.

• I went through a match where a newbie tried to kick me 4 times. I guess if you’re polite about it, and tell everyone that he’s kicking you because he’s salty, they probably won’t vote you… At least in my experience.

• Global Moderator

I tell the noobs how to votekick.

As 70% of the time they votekick themselves.

• I’ve had people attempt to votekick me off my own servers countless times. It certainly does get worse around sale time.

• Mod

I often get people do a vote kick on me if I login as an admin. Not sure it they’re testing or just trying to get kicks out of kicking someone off their own server.

A restriction on number of kick votes, or reciprocal kickvotes within a time period would be grand

• Global Moderator

@MonkeyFiend:

I often get people do a vote kick on me if I login as an admin. Not sure it they’re testing or just trying to get kicks out of kicking someone off their own server.

A restriction on number of kick votes, or reciprocal kickvotes within a time period would be grand

You are immune to kicks as admin. They just won’t start. So how do you know that they try and votekick you.

There’s a time limit between votekicks. I don’t know how long it is but its at least a minute.

• @lemonater47:

@MonkeyFiend:

You are immune to kicks as admin. They just won’t start. So how do you know that they try and votekick you.

There’s a time limit between votekicks. I don’t know how long it is but its at least a minute.

I don’t know if there’s a server setting for this, but admins definitely do not appear to be immune to vote kicks by default.

• @Sidewinder:

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen anyone being kicked for a illegitimate reason. I played all through the steam sale too only on public servers. What does that say?

You dont play good enough :)

• I got votekicked only once, the reason being “go play with high levels”. I was lv. 42 at the time, and didn’t even try to stomp the server. I usually stay in an isolated part of the map and fight whatever comes my way. However, a newbie tried a few consecutive times to kill me, failed, got frustrated and votekicked me. The others were happy to oblige, all being under lv. 15.

But most of the time it’s ok, i get some insults in chat, or whines that i use an OP weapon (every weapon they haven’t unlocked yet is OP) but no votekick.

• Don’t get a ratio that is better than 2:1 and you are safe