Crouch toggle??

• I cannot for the life of me find a way to make crouch a toggle instead of a hold. I have heard some people say that their crouch is a toggle and some say that theirs is not. I do not know if this is true or not but does anyone know of any way to make crouch a toggle (so you do not have to hold CTRL down) instead of a hold? Possibly an ini edit? a mod? Thank you.

• I’ve wondered that myself for a long time. I don’t think there is one yet but would it kill TB to implement this? :3

• seriously, you can already do toggle sprint, why not crouch too? I have having to hold it, especially as an archer.

• oh in case anyone is wondering I found a way to make crouch a toggle. If you download Auto Hot Key and use this script from here http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/6 … t-working/ it should work.

state:= false
    $LControl::
    KeyWait, LControl
    Send, % "{LControl " ( (State:=!State) ? “Down” : “Up” ) “}” ;this is ternary that does the same thing as the if/else above
    return

• You are just going to fuck yourself over by making crouch toggle when you actually start to play the real game (not archer). JS.

• You’re the one to talk Mr. Promod penguin :?

• Is .ini editing really this lost of an art?

Here, let me quickly write something up for you:

Bindings=(Name="LeftControl",SecondaryKey=,Command="CrouchDown",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag="KBFlag_Movement",FriendlyName="Crouch")
    Bindings=(Name="CrouchDown",SecondaryKey=,Command="PerformCrouch true | setbind LeftControl CrouchUp",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag="KBFlag_Movement",FriendlyName="")
    Bindings=(Name="CrouchUp",SecondaryKey=,Command="PerformCrouch false | setbind LeftControl CrouchDown",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag="KBFlag_Movement",FriendlyName="")

```In your \Documents\my games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config\UDKGame.ini file remove the line that says starts with Bindings=(Name="LeftControl" and paste the above in its place.

Also, if you want to make it so hitting Shift makes you immediately stand up and start sprinting from crouch (which I personally recommend) then remove the line starting with Bindings=(Name="LeftShift" and replace it with

Bindings=(Name=“LeftShift”,SecondaryKey=,Command=“GBA_Sprint | PerformCrouch False | setbind LeftControl CrouchDown”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=“KBFlag_Movement”,FriendlyName=“Sprint”)

If you don't use LeftControl and LeftShift then just replace all counts of those names with whatever key you do use.

I started up the game with those settings and it works perfectly with both hold-to-sprint and toggle-sprint.

• i don’t understand why anyone would want this but… ok lol

you all have some weak ass pinky’s… or are the laziest slobs in the world. “Gosh, it’s so fucking hard to apply all of this actuation force to a key, it’s so frustrating! GALL!”

• It’s personal preference, mate, same as toggle sprint.

I personally don’t want to use toggle sprint nor do I want to use toggle crouch, but that doesn’t mean I should be a dick about it.

In a shooter or mil-sim I’d want toggle crouch, due to how useful staying crouched for prolonged periods is in those games, so if I had come to Chivalry after recently playing a lot of shooters or mil-sims then toggle crouch would feel more natural of a control scheme.

• I’ve had archer rounds where I’ve played sniper, and can tell you my left pinky ends up cramping after 15 minutes. Also when holding alt for zoom at the same time it kills my hand. Toggle crouch/zoom would be great thanks. LOL.

• @Dibbz:

Is .ini editing really this lost of an art?

Here, let me quickly write something up for you:

Bindings=(Name="LeftControl",SecondaryKey=,Command="CrouchDown",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag="KBFlag_Movement",FriendlyName="Crouch")
    Bindings=(Name="CrouchDown",SecondaryKey=,Command="PerformCrouch true | setbind LeftControl CrouchUp",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag="KBFlag_Movement",FriendlyName="")
    Bindings=(Name="CrouchUp",SecondaryKey=,Command="PerformCrouch false | setbind LeftControl CrouchDown",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag="KBFlag_Movement",FriendlyName="")

```In your \Documents\my games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config\UDKGame.ini file remove the line that says starts with Bindings=(Name="LeftControl" and paste the above in its place.

Also, if you want to make it so hitting Shift makes you immediately stand up and start sprinting from crouch (which I personally recommend) then remove the line starting with Bindings=(Name="LeftShift" and replace it with

Bindings=(Name=“LeftShift”,SecondaryKey=,Command=“GBA_Sprint | PerformCrouch False | setbind LeftControl CrouchDown”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=“KBFlag_Movement”,FriendlyName=“Sprint”)

If you don't use LeftControl and LeftShift then just replace all counts of those names with whatever key you do use.

I started up the game with those settings and it works perfectly with both hold-to-sprint and toggle-sprint.

Thanks! works perfectly, much better than using the auto hot key thing. I wish I knew how to edit inis better but all I can do is look at what is already there and guess at what I might have to do. How did you learn to edit inis so well? Do you need to know a specific language or do you just need to know Unreal’s language?

• I learnt it back when I was playing Tribes: Ascend, basically just through looking at other how other hotkeys were written in order to guess at how it worked, then figuring it out for myself via lots of trial & error.

I’ll write out a quick tutorial on this post, and if you’re still confused this webpage might help:
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/KeyBinds.html
    (ignore anything starting with “var” or “exec” on that page, they’re not applicable to Chivalry AFAIK)

As for getting specific commands that work in Chivalry you either have to find it in the UDKGame.ini or go in-game, hit tilde (~), then start typing and look at the suggestions that pop up.

A few commonly useful commands:
    setbind {key} {command}
    fov {60 to 120}
    setsensitivity {number}
    “{command} | {command} | {command}”
    onrelease {command}

Many useful commands with the prefix GBA_ are found in UDKGame.ini.

What all that junk after Command="", means:

Say for whatever reason I want R to activate GBA_Use, and Ctrl+R to activate GBA_Reload.
    This is what I’d use:

Bindings=(Name="R",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_Use",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=True,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag="KBFlag_Utility",FriendlyName="Reload")
    Bindings=(Name="R",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_Reload",Control=True,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag="KBFlag_Weapon",FriendlyName="Reload")
    ```The key difference is the first one has **Control=False** & **bIgnoreCtrl=True**, whilst the second has **Control=True** & **bIgnoreCtrl=False**.
    **Control=True** means the keybind requires Ctrl to be held down
    **bIgnoreCtrl=True** means the keybind requires Ctrl to NOT be held down

The **Flag=** & **FriendlyName=** fields respectfully determine which keybind tab they appear under and what name they are given in the keybinds tab.
    If you are like me and never touch the in-game Keybinds menu, instead binding all your keys through .ini editing then these fields don't matter at all and can be ignored.

The only effect having incorrect Flag & FriendlyName fields will have is making the Keybind menu look messy.

• Awesome thanks! I will see if I can use this to figure out how to make zooming in reduce mouse sensitivity.

• Awesome it worked perfectly! Here is my line for left alt decreasing fov and decreasing sensitivity

Bindings=(Name="LeftAlt",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA _Zoom|fov 60|onrelease fov 100|setsensitivity 10|onrelease setsensitivity 24",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag="KBFlag_Weapon|KBFlag_Weapon|KBFlag_Weapon",FriendlyName="LeftAttack| Zoom | Zoom ")