No feint server

• PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Make a server to be able to deactive feint
    I cant [image:2jhmtmbj]http://li.c-b.co/is/image/LandOfNod/519324_Kid_Greater_Outdoors_Pillow_Bear/$web_zoom$&wid=50&hei=50/1301021058/bear-filled-throw-pillow.jpg[/image:2jhmtmbj] those fucking changes you make mixed with this horrible random mechanic. At least lower my burden

• Now that’s an odd request and not one I think would be popular on servers, however for local setup have look at the \config\udknewweapon.ini

FeintTime=###
    TertiaryFeintTime=###
    iFeintStaminaCost=###

Am not sure there’s a setting to stop feints, but you could tinker with the settings to make the cost prohibitively high maybe?

• Yeah, sure,
    do that and then make servers with no one-handers, no archery, no sprint-charge, no dodge, no claymore, no throwables, no shields, no ducking and a server with no friendly fire.

Yeah, do that, make as many versions of the game as possible so people won’t want to play the original game!

(SARCAAAAAAASM)

• @funthomass:

Yeah, sure,
    do that and then make servers with no one-handers, no archery, no sprint-charge, no dodge, no claymore, no throwables, no shields, no ducking and a server with no friendly fire.

Yeah, do that, make as many versions of the game as possible so people won’t want to play the original game!

(SARCAAAAAAASM)

I agree such a server will almost never be publicly viable and would loiter in the doldrums of 0 players for as long as it were online.

I posted the config settings as this might be the sort of weirdness someone might get up to on a local/lan/practice server though even if I personally couldn’t understand the reasons why

However I’m at least in favour of the ability to tailor config aspects of the game and then let survival of the fittest dictate which servers stay popular :)

• @funthomass:

Really? Bringing back the “splitting the community” argument after ProMod? I got news for you buddy, people already don’t want to play the game.

• TBS should just make all weapons one hit kill everything to shut you babies up.

• So…people want feints removed because it’s hard to tell when someone is going to feint or going for the real thing? Isn’t that rather the point of feinting? O_O

Feinting does carry some (admittedly, minor) inherent disadvantages - it consumes stamina WAY fast, and if the other player is intent on hit trading then it’s basically GG, because you’re starting on the back foot by initiating contact with a feint.

Players who like to feint a lot can be a challenge, but there are definite solutions to dealing with them: either wear them out from just beyond their range; bring a shield; or take advantage of the fact that they aren’t going to actually be hitting you and blow right through their guard.

PS - I feel I should mention that feints are, indeed, a part of my playbook, but it’s something I throw out maybe once or twice a match.

• @Urban:

…Feinting does carry some (admittedly, minor) inherent disadvantages - it consumes stamina WAY fast, and if the other player is intent on hit trading then it’s basically GG, because you’re starting on the back foot by initiating contact with a feint.

Like I said maybe on a local server amongst friends they might want to increase the costs of feinting. It is however not something I’d condone :)

• Haha, yeah, I am recently getting increasingly annoyed with people who feint a lot. When I first started playing Chivalry, I constantly used feinting and thought I did pretty good for myself. I laughed as foe after foe fell for my cheap tricks and I hacked them down with the warhammer (yes, the noobhammer.) But I haven’t used feints, other than cancelling attacks that would be a mistake, for a really long time now, and I think it’s way more fun to own people without them (also, I never use lookdown overheads or drags either.) But I’ve also just recently started playing on Duel servers, and I always get so mad!

There are always a few guys who feint constantly! Attack after attack, they feint in random patterns. Sure, I know you should block when you hear their grunt and when you see the blow actually coming, but it’s not that easy for me! :C

Duels are like having sex - you want it to last long, to be fair for both parts, to be enjoyable, not ending it quick! The most enjoyable duel I’ve had so far was really fair. For example, when my opponent ran out of stamina and got his two-second stun, I backed away and let him catch his breath. I see no glory ending a duel when he’s locked in a two-second stun. And of course, no feints were used. Another time I told a guy I dueled once, who was way above my rank, to try and play good without using feints all the time. He responded with “To play Chivalry without using feints is like playing tennis without spins”, and he just got me so mad! Hnnngh! Of course he ended the match without a single loss.

I just think that different feints should have different difficulties to defend against. The most common type I see is LMB > Feint > LMB, so the attack is still coming from the same direction you blocked towards. Therefore I think you should be able to block these attacks that come from the same direction, since you’re ready for them anyways. But that’s just my opinion of course.

• Feinting is not impossible to see.
    Like everything in this game you need to work out what YOU did incorrectly when you were beaten. Only then can you actually advance and become better. Something may be tricky or difficult to deal with but if your response is to beg for an easier game then where do we stop?
    Do not prey for easier lives. Prey to be stronger men.

• Before this thread gets out of hand:

We will not have any official “no feint” servers. If someone wants to make one with the mod tools then please do!

• @SavageBeatings:

he most enjoyable duel I’ve had so far was really fair. For example, when my opponent ran out of stamina and got his two-second stun, I backed away and let him catch his breath. I see no glory ending a duel when he’s locked in a two-second stun.

In these instances, I ask myself, “What would Rommel do?” Rommel was (as if you didn’t know eyeroll) the most respected commander of the Second World War (aside from Patton, MAYBE), and his Afrikakorps was never accused of any war crimes…unlike, say, the entirety of the rest of the German army of the time.

Now Rommel - honorable? Absolutely. Would he have let Montgomery catch his breath if he had him in the ropes though? Hell no - he’d have been all over that like white on rice. ;) Of course, Rommel’s resources were stretched thin, so even though he was certainly the abler of the two opposing commanders, he was never able to capitalize…

• I am curious between the difference of an ugly shit versus a beautiful shit. I guess a hot shit would make sense but not in the right way.

• @gregcau:

I am curious between the difference of an ugly shit versus a beautiful shit. I guess a hot shit would make sense but not in the right way.

Beautiful shit is when wipe your ass after taking a crap and paper is still white.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@gregcau:

I am curious between the difference of an ugly shit versus a beautiful shit. I guess a hot shit would make sense but not in the right way.

Beautiful shit is when wipe your ass after taking a crap and paper is still white.

meh thats more of a lucky shit.

• Feinting isn’t some advanced technique people can pull off but it’s definetely a cheap one. 1 button press is all it is. I’ve recently started playing with sling archer, Getting pretty good with it now. Now when it comes close combat all I ever see now. Is feint overhead+overhead. Keeping my distance doesn’t work because you need to close the distance between you and your opponent to get an actual hit on them. But there are people who’re cheap enough to use feints that are definite 1HK on me on overhead which can’t be interrupted when I attack them. So my only option is to attack them and then jump out of the away so they don’t get off a exchange in a blow and kill me or try and read it correctly and block.

People with Zwei or Maul tend to do this the most, I mean why not it’s not like I can punish them for feinting.But when you do stuff also like feinting combined with a overhead drag with the maul or overhead lookdown with a zwei directly after feinting I tend to get a little frustrated.

• ^ I’m afraid that’s the price of having ranged weapons. As an archer, fighting in melee vs a non-archer is intended to be very difficult.

• @RushSecond:

^ I’m afraid that’s the price of having ranged weapons. As an archer, fighting in melee vs a non-archer is intended to be very difficult.

Yes archers are meant to be at a disadvantage, That was obviously the reason for giving archer lesser armour and weaker weapons, But when one button on the keyboard is instantly rewarding when you use it on an archers, Erks me. There shouldn’t be something that has that much of a payoff with no repercussions for using it.

• @SirBlade:

@RushSecond:

^ I’m afraid that’s the price of having ranged weapons. As an archer, fighting in melee vs a non-archer is intended to be very difficult.

Yes archers are meant to be at a disadvantage, That was obviously the reason for giving archer lesser armour and weaker weapons, But when one button on the keyboard is instantly rewarding when you use it on an archers, Erks me. There shouldn’t be something that has that much of a payoff with no repercussions for using it.

Archers get the ability to kill any class from 50-150 meters away. The rest of the classes only get to use feint on them if they manage to clear the meat screen of enemy players…I’d say that the archers have the better deal.