Guessing what the new "expansion" would be about

• Recently we have been hearing that Torn Banner’s focuses are now shifting to a new expansion for the Chivalry, and since the new patch is gonna introduce customization and MOD tools I am suspecting that this is gonna be the final blow of content TB is gonna bring to Chivalry before they start 100% working in this new expansion :( but I started to think and this question got into my mind. What would that “expansion” be all about?

For those who are not associated with the term of an standalone-expansion, an stand-alone expansion is small standalone game that borrow many of the assets of a previous larger game to make an smaller but ejoyable piece of content that costs lesser than the original game it’s built from and does not need the help from that game to run in your system. An example of these standalone expansions would be Half Life: Blue Shift, Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare or for a more recent example Far Cry 3. Blood Dragon. But having all of this said what would this expansion be about? Word has been going on the forums that the most logical and safest thing to do is a prequel expansion (or content update as we first thought) about king Argon’s failed crusade to Tenosia, that would be the easy thing to do. Just do a bunch of sand maps (some of them in night and some of them in day, maybe one of them in an Oasis or coasts) a new faction that would replace the Masons (The Tenosian Warriors or something like that) and maybe a couple of new weapons. But Steve has always said that Torn Banner is always innovating in their games so I’m not really sure. But one thing I’m sure about is that it’s getting me really hyped.
    What do you guys think it will be about? :)

• expansion makes sense, we need new content. Even I am getting tired of the same old 5 TO maps.

I think its obvious the expansion will bring hot girls in chainmail bikinis.

If not that maybe Camelot and Dragons.

Ah lets face it I’m not going to get what I want.

But I am sure it will be interesting.

• I do hope it’s something like my horde mode Idea or something similar in concept, that would really attract a lot of attetion and would attract new audiences like zombie fans and people who like to play co-op survival modes. http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16160 but it would be hard as hell to do I suppose.

• Yum. Horde mode in chivalry? Um hell yes! They could randomize the weaponry of the enemies and their looks with customization.

• I’d pay for an ‘expansion’.
    Especially if i was able to use a spear with a flag on it just like the CTF mode flag :D
    In the van guards aresenal of course ;)

PS
    Horde mode like in unreal tournament would be cool. With the monsters only of course, so excluding the rocket laucher guys….

• From the sounds of it, it sounds like it’s going to be much bigger than just a game mode.

I’m thinking a whole new sort of game based of Chivalry: MW.

• Here’s my naming speculation for the next expansion

Chivalry: Rogues of Ramnor
    Chivalry: Terror of the Tenosians
    Chivalry: Meowrics Malice
    Chivalry: Hats
    Chivalry: Parry & Riposte simulator 2014

Ok, in all serious though, I think we might see a single player campaign. I recall reading something saying that they didn’t include a single player campaign in Chivalry because they didn’t have enough writers or resources or something. I’m pretty sure they have those resources now. I might be confused with another Kickstarter game though.

Whatever it is, I want to see the Tenosians.

• I heard, its actually a chivalry card battle game. Where you have decks of cards to wage war against your foes.

• @Knifelegs:

Chivalry: Meowrics Malice

This.

• Making a story mode would also be really, really cool but they would have to make stuff like facial animation, more scripting of events, replayablity of that campaing by adding challenges or alternative routes or endings, moral choices and a compelling story that make the player involved with the main character and the world’s lore and not just another shitty 5 hour long CoD style campaing (even though the got better with BO2).So the safest thing to do for torn banner at this point is making an expansion about the agathian invasion to tenosia or like many other developers have done for their games, ZOMBIES, in this case Army of darkness type of undead knights that would definetly be a great twist for the series and would be a fresh take on the survival horde mode, it could even have it’s own campaing too ;)

• @Knifelegs:

Whatever it is, I want to see the Tenosians.

This

• I bet it will be some kind of eastern scenario

• Adding new maps, gamemodes, weapons or the like, means anyone who doesnt have that DLC pack cannot play with those who have it. So I think the content update would have nothing to do with those.
    But a singleplayer campaign, or very detailed cosmetic customizations might be.
    I think the DLC would be something that will not affect or split up the online part of the game. Splitting up the online player scene would be stupid.

• @Jimmie:

Adding new maps, gamemodes, weapons or the like, means anyone who doesnt have that DLC pack cannot play with those who have it. So I think the content update would have nothing to do with those.
    I think the DLC would be something that will not affect or split up the online part of the game. Splitting up the online player scene would be stupid.

Yeah. Less servers to play on for the guys who don’t want the DLC.

• Big castle sieges.

I was dead sure TB was working on an expansion and low and behold I was right. I’m staking my money on Big Castle Sieges being the primary focus of the expansion.

• @Jimmie:

Adding new maps, gamemodes, weapons or the like, means anyone who doesnt have that DLC pack cannot play with those who have it. So I think the content update would have nothing to do with those.

Yes, but Tibb said that they would never charge DLC for any of their games, he told this new project would be an expandalone using the Chivalry assests and buiding upon them. Like RDR undead Nightmare or FC3 Blood Dragon.

• @Jimmie:

Singleplayer would be a waste of time and non-profitable.

Cosmetics, meh I don’t even care, I don’t look at my character unless its hot.

Splitting up the online makes perfect business sense, if you got the money buy it.

If you can’t afford $8 for an expansion, well maybe you should turn off your internet and focus on more important things to spend money on. Or get a job.

• Imagine a Mount&Blade-style singleplayer mode using Chivalry as a base. I don’t think I’d play anything else for a full year.

• @DaciaJC:

Imagine a Mount&Blade-style singleplayer mode using Chivalry as a base. I don’t think I’d play anything else for a full year.

OMG yes