CU2 Fists are too short!

• With the advent of CU2, TBS introduced new tracers for fists. These tracers are significantly shorter than the CU1 tracers.

TBS also introduced the bubble, which increases the collision radius of enemies.

These two changes have made it nearly impossible to land hits with fists. If your enemy moves slightly to the side, or they turn around, or begin an attack at the same time you do, chances are you will miss because of the changes in their model’s position. You literally have to be colliding with your opponent and looking down to have a reasonable chance that your hits will connect, and even that’s not enough sometimes - if they get into a corner, crouch, and look up, you can’t hit them unless you crouch too and jab at their toes.

Not only does this make it more difficult to land hits, but it also makes it more difficult to catch hits on your parry (due to your opponent accidentally missing you.) This leads to a lot of this scenario: One player swings 3+ times at the other, and the other player tries to block 3+ times. Never is a hit landed.

I’m all for sidestepping and dodging in fistfights, but this is excessive. You should be able to grab a hit on your parry when you WANT to be hit. TBS increased the size of daggers, presumably because they realized it would be nigh on impossible to hit someone once the bubble was in place. It was ill advised to make the fist tracers smaller. I’m guessing that no one really bothered to test them, because no one really cares about them.

Well, I care. Fists used to be fun. They aren’t a joke weapon to me - It used to be possible (not viable, but possible) to take on any enemy with weapons using your fists, if you timed your swings right, and got them afraid of you. Well, not any longer. Overwhelming chances are if they know what they’re doing you will miss at some point, and then they’ll hit you, and it’s game over from that point on since you can’t dodge during flinch anymore.

Long story short, I want CU1 tracers back. The only one that really needed to be fixed was the alt horizontal swing, anyway.

• The fists are too short because they have all been cut off…? :?
    …finally 8-)

• Those original tracers weren’t even tracers, it was a simple location check. You couldn’t duck them, you would always get hit. I don’t miss that, at all.
    That being said, the bubble is not by any means a well-developed solution to the face-hug problem. It ruins fist fighting for sure, making ducks / lean backs extraordinarily easy to pull off, and with any amount of elevation almost impossible to properly land strikes.

• Actually the bubble hasn’t prevented facehugging for me at all. Still get killed some times from inside my own torso.

And I hate that I can’t hit enemies even though I’m standing right next to them. Same goes for chasing, I can’t do anything with fists except charge attacks with the Vanguard.
    Meh. :?

• @Gauntlet:

Those original tracers weren’t even tracers, it was a simple location check. You couldn’t duck them, you would always get hit. I don’t miss that, at all.

Don’t quote me on this but i’m pretty sure i’ve ducked fists before in pre-patch…

But yes.

Fists do SUCK now.

Before if you were really really good, and playing against mediocre players, you could actually get a decent KDR in ffa using fists! Was it overpowered? HELL NO. Fists are just no fun anymore. It was fun to have a slight chance against people using weapons before, now its extremely slim. Now, TBS, if you don’t want fists to even have a chance of defeating weapon users, fine, by all means its your game. But please check out the fists vs fists combat because that is also severely lacking now, because its so hard to land a damn hit, fights always turn into spam fests, whacking at eachother and missing more than half the punches. People that don’t know what they are doing will always fight like that, but please, allow the people that do know what they are doing to have a little bit of finesse in their fist fights, or all fights for that matter! Peace.

• I allways wanted the old fists back.
    The new fists are soulless pieces of meat.
    There is no magic in those things anymore.

+1 for old fists

• @Gauntlet:

Those original tracers weren’t even tracers, it was a simple location check. You couldn’t duck them, you would always get hit. I don’t miss that, at all.
    That being said, the bubble is not by any means a well-developed solution to the face-hug problem. It ruins fist fighting for sure, making ducks / lean backs extraordinarily easy to pull off, and with any amount of elevation almost impossible to properly land strikes.

There were tracers in CU1. They were just drastically different. You’re thinking of pre-CU1.

• ^ +1. Yazuak is probably right, because i’m pretty sure i remember being able to duck and lean them. Torn banner, please, we love you! Can you please show that you love us and bring back the old fists? They weren’t broke, they didn’t need to be “fixed” :(

• Global Moderator

@Psyfon:

^ +1. Yazuak is probably right, because i’m pretty sure i remember being able to duck and lean them. Torn banner, please, we love you! Can you please show that you love us and bring back the old fists? They weren’t broke, they didn’t need to be “fixed” :(

Ducking was pretty much impossible before.

All they have to do is remove the anti facehug bubble. At least for fists.

• @Yazuak:

@Gauntlet:

There were tracers in CU1. They were just drastically different. You’re thinking of pre-CU1.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12343

-Fists now use normal weapon tracers and deal appropriate hitbox damage, making them more precise to hit with and less forgiving - you can now duck and sidestep punches properly. Let the tavern brawls truly begin!

CU1 patch 1.5 April 29

They have not touched the tracers since that time. Pre 1.5, they didn’t even draw tracers, so I do not miss tracerless fists that you could not duck.
    The only thing that has changed is the facehug bubble which puts you at the very maximum range to land punches, which makes fist fighting feel awkward.

• ^ Okay, well they definitely, DEFINITELY FEEL DIFFERENT, AND WRONG. If you are 200% certain that the only thing causing that is the bubble, then yes, the bubble is the problem, and i also now hate the bubble even more. It just feels like the tracers are different, although i’ve never actually looked at the foreal tracers of anything, so, if you are ultra sure…maybe some one from torn banner can confirm this, and hopefully become aware of the issue and just…REMOVE THE BUBBLE!!! PLEASE!!! OR MAKE IT HALF AS BIG AT LEAST??? PLEEEAAASSSEE

• The bubble is definitely the culprit. Hooks are nearly impossible to land now. Jab is the only reliable punch. Punches need to be a bit longer if the bubble is here to say.

• Yeah punching sucks with the bubble, totally feels like they need to be a bit longer. Or better yet, get rid of the bubble…

• A few days ago I tried to kill an archer with my fists and missed like 5 times even though I stood right in front of him. Fists are pretty much useless now

• @Gauntlet:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12343

-Fists now use normal weapon tracers and deal appropriate hitbox damage, making them more precise to hit with and less forgiving - you can now duck and sidestep punches properly. Let the tavern brawls truly begin!

CU1 patch 1.5 April 29

They have not touched the tracers since that time. Pre 1.5, they didn’t even draw tracers, so I do not miss tracerless fists that you could not duck.
    The only thing that has changed is the facehug bubble which puts you at the very maximum range to land punches, which makes fist fighting feel awkward.

Nuh. Those were the first fist tracers, and I was totally fine with them. Then, CU1P2 came long. This is all that’s in the patch notes:

Alt slash tracers for fist firing upwards.

It’s listed under ‘bugs.’

They only mention alt slash, but believe me, all the tracers were changed. I spent a lot of time staring at the old tracers. They extended slightly beyond your arm. The new tracers are pretty much limited to where your arm goes visually (in 1st person.)

EDIT: After looking at the tracers again, I’m not quite as sure as I was.

But I’m still THIS sure ->|–-------------------------------------|

It’s hard to say without screenshots of the old tracers.

• Buckler ‘overhead’ bashes are also extremely short now. You need to be facehugging and turned 45 deg to the right in order to land one.

• i think they are more of an issue on the backside than the front, although the front still feels too short. I think the bubble range might be further in the back. I took a look at this in game, and i got as close as I could to someones back and attempted throwing the quick right punch at them and the right hooks, they WILL hit but you have to be perfect with your aim and hit th eparts that stick out the most. It’s quite retarded. I think this sucks when chasing and attacking even with weapons as well, moreso with shorter 1 handers.