Heavy Javelin Stab Deflected From Behind

• When you stab with the Heavy Javelin, if your back is to a wall, your stab will deflect off the wall behind you. This also happens to the Javelin, but is far more obvious with the Heavy one.

Repro:

1. Select the Heavy Javelin
    2. Place your back to a wall
    3. Use stab attack
    4. Observe results

• It happens with the spears as well. It’s because the hit tracers go down the weapon and nick the wall behind you when your wind up pulls the weapon backwards…

Now replace the wall with a person and congratulations, you just hit someone directly behind you with the spear stab! Not bullshit in the slightest. :x

Extremely frustrating when this catches you out when you are directly behind a spear/jav user, bubble or otherwise.

• Global Moderator

I haven’t had it against a wall but I have killed people standing behind me.

• funnily, Javelin stabs can also be parried by an enemy from THEIR back. slightly harder to reproduce, but if you stab them right in the buttox, right from behind, just as they’re parrying, your attack is magically parried.

• @Deadpan:

funnily, Javelin stabs can also be parried by an enemy from THEIR back. slightly harder to reproduce, but if you stab them right in the buttox, right from behind, just as they’re parrying, your attack is magically parried.

This is happening with EVERY weapon at the moment I’ve found.

• Global Moderator

@DokB:

@Deadpan:

funnily, Javelin stabs can also be parried by an enemy from THEIR back. slightly harder to reproduce, but if you stab them right in the buttox, right from behind, just as they’re parrying, your attack is magically parried.

This is happening with EVERY weapon at the moment I’ve found.

It happens with all weapons but I’ve never seen it happen going grouch the payee model first. I’ve always seen it miss but hit the weapon and get parried.

• @Deadpan:

This. Learn the weapon timing and you can use the sound of the grunt to almost 100% parry an attack from behind.