Will duel user interface ever get fixed

• I guess not, been a while. Joined. Typing “gf” and pop goes the menu to screw it up.

Two fights then “waiting for duels to finish”

ugh that was enough to leave duel mode.

• Duel interface sucks ass, they need to move to a system like ProMod’s Free Duels. It’s been broken since CU1 (its release as a game mode) and I guess they don’t intend on fixing it. However if they actually felt like fixing things instead of adding helmets what would those fixes look like? I’d say it needs:

• Faster Matchmaking.
    • Less worthless countdown.
    • Increased win cap.
    • Ping viewable in tab menu.
    • Server name viewable in tab menu.
    • Ability to chat at all ever without the menu screen completely breaking your chat function for the rest of the match.
    • Most of the duel maps deleted from the game and burned with fire.

• @HandsomeHodge:

Duel interface sucks ass, they need to move to a system like ProMod’s Free Duels. It’s been broken since CU1 (its release as a game mode) and I guess they don’t intend on fixing it. However if they actually felt like fixing things instead of adding helmets what would those fixes look like? I’d say it needs:

• Faster Matchmaking.
    • Less worthless countdown.
    • Increased win cap.
    • Ping viewable in tab menu.
    • Server name viewable in tab menu.
    • Ability to chat at all ever without the menu screen completely breaking your chat function for the rest of the match.
    • Most of the duel maps deleted from the game and burned with fire.

But the duel maps are amazing.

• Why can’t we have duel maps that feature bottomless pits and low gravity?

• @Carolean:

Why can’t we have duel maps that feature bottomless pits and low gravity?

One of the Arena duel maps have… spikes… and I love kicking people out the windows in cistern or fighting on the table on that one map with the saws.

The funniest part is when the other guy doesn’t even know he’s backing himself right out the window in cistern and you just keep walking forward doing nothing.

• Glad to see I’m not the only one who has had trouble with the Duel UI. Accepting someone’s challenge is ridiculously hard as well. You really have to position your mouse correctly, otherwise it won’t do anything– or it’ll just challenge the player above him. Just me?

I can’t describe most of the problems I have but a big one is trying to type ‘gf’ after a duel is over, like you said.

• Same for me. And another thing is that most of times, top score players will, nearly everytime, fight the low score players.
    So it’s not very fair is it ? Maybe be cause the good player will end fights quickly, as will do the less good players… This is not a problem, but the facts are these players meets really too much, while the two top players might not even meet. So it is a little problem here.

Another annoying thing is that we can’t see our ping ! ( i’d love a console command like “stat ping”, would be great even in other game modes )

• Not technically the user interface, but I often see people winning duel by constantly versing the lowest scoring players and never dueling the higher scoring players (Or just not versing me? - I’m not even that good).

A tournament type mode or making it mandatory to verse someone you haven’t yet? Might make the game mode even slower though :/

Edit: What burgzaza said.

• There should be a seeding system, based on player rank. Eliminations from the first round (2nd draw players) should play against each other and further eliminations of these 2nd draw players should play each other (the number of times this is repeated depends on the number of players.) The winner of the 2nd draw should be made to compete against the winners of the lower order draws (i.e. the 3rd, 4th, 5th…draw players) in a wildcard draw until two players remain. THEN:

The two non-eliminated “finalists”, after the semi-finals of the main draw, should be made to square off against the finalists of the wildcard draw (i.e. they’re given a second chance into the main draw). This should provide an adequate level of competition instead of the system as it exists now, where players are randomly put against each other.

This would mean that the challenge system has to go but who the hell uses it anyway? I only use it to play against the guy i just won or lost to because it’s taking ages for me to be paired up against another opponent.

I would also like to see the stupid selection box that appears after a win/loss to be removed. Often i want to whine or congratulate (mostly the former) and the box stops me from typing. Nothing is more infuriating than being prohibited from venting your anger - not even intentionally, just from a kink in the system.

Also please preclude archers as a class from duels.

While you’re at it, i would also like to comment about that duel map which is a winding trail surrounding a gold mine with a wooden elevator going up and down. Yeah, i think it’s needlessly complex and absolutely horrid. The trail is ridiculously narrow and constantly blocks slash and even overheads and ground floor is stupid because of the constant threat of the lift crushing your head. Speaking of lift, what the heck is it even there for?