Veteran helms, WTF?

• So, I’ve started seeing them again today. Hadn’t seen one in months. I thought TB brought them back, but……I can’t select to equip them in helmet customization. I have every primary weapon for every class but i cant select vet helm for any of them. So, I’m seeing people wearing them, I have all primary weapons but i cant even select to equip them. WTF is going on???

• Think this is a bug, Because I saw someone with one of the purchasable helmets but when I asked them about it, They didn’t seem to know what I was talking about.

• Even with the Veteran Helmet ON, you will rarely have it. Sometimes, other players will even have it but not you (despite the activated option). You’re just playing a game programmed with the ass.

• they seem to work on SOME servers but not all. and it’s a total grab bag of whether you see the option in helmet customization. This has been an issue since like the 1st content update?

• @clayton-bigsby:

they seem to work on SOME servers but not all. and it’s a total grab bag of whether you see the option in helmet customization. This has been an issue since like the 1st content update?

As i mentioned before, i hadn’t seen one in months, so i assumed they were completely gone. But today i saw them on multiple servers. So i thought perhaps they had been brought back and this is when i noticed that i could not even equip them, even though i should have them for every class.

• it’s so wonky, but yeah if they did fix it great, but i doubt it. I’ve been ablet o have them in some servers and it seems to stick for a while but then it just goes back. Idk.

• My concern is that if they can’t get Veteran helms working how will full customisation work in the next patch?

• @Dr:

My concern is that if they can’t get Veteran helms working how will full customisation work in the next patch?

The new helmets with customization will cost extra money so they’re actually trying hard to make it work. Vet helms were free so they don’t really care about trying to make them work.

In all srsness, I think they’ve been working on customization so long that they put vet helms on the back burner to fix alongside the customization patch. Though I’m extremely scared about how buggy the game will be after it, since every patch destroys the game.

• Global Moderator

On all games on net server veteran helmets just started to work.

They never worked before for months.

Now randomly they do.

Well that is if the game doesn’t do its other bug of forgetting that you own vet helms and not letting you select them.

But now if you have then selected they show.

• Really, you hadn’t seen one in months? I pretty much only see em, and mine sometimes works, on official servers. Not all the time though.

• @lemonater47:

Now randomly they do.

Well that is if the game doesn’t do its other bug of forgetting that you own vet helms and not letting you select them.

Hahahaha! Finally when vet helms start working on the servers i play on a bug prevents me from wearing them. Oh the irony!

• The next customization patch will fix all the hoopla with the helmets as well as add new ones.

• @SOC:

@Dr:

My concern is that if they can’t get Veteran helms working how will full customisation work in the next patch?

The new helmets with customization will cost extra money so they’re actually trying hard to make it work. Vet helms were free so they don’t really care about trying to make them work.

In all srsness, I think they’ve been working on customization so long that they put vet helms on the back burner to fix alongside the customization patch. Though I’m extremely scared about how buggy the game will be after it, since every patch destroys the game.

Never played the beta?
    It goes pretty well. And I’m pretty sure that the veteran helmets will be fixed when the patch comes life. Because all the customizationstuff works perfectly. And I already saw some people running around with the purchasable helmets. Maybe the bug got fixed just by making an other way to equip them.

• @Peter:

Never played the beta?
    It goes pretty well. And I’m pretty sure that the veteran helmets will be fixed when the patch comes life. Because all the customizationstuff works perfectly. And I already saw some people running around with the purchasable helmets. Maybe the bug got fixed just by making an other way to equip them.

Everyone says this, and every time the patch breaks and introduces horrid bugs when it goes from 30 people playing it to 2000+.

Everyone said the bubble was fantastic and worked perfectly in the beta. Then when it released to live it was busted and bugged. Let’s not forget alt swings, either. Ghost and phantom swings. The list goes on and on.

It never fails. I’m terrified of all the potential bugs customization will bring.

• @SOC:

Everyone said the bubble was fantastic and worked perfectly in the beta. Then when it released to live it was busted and bugged. Let’s not forget alt swings, either. Ghost and phantom swings. The list goes on and on.

Moral of the story. Go beta test people!

• That’s the problem with games. They tend to work in the internal build, then it goes to beta and some things work others break… So they get fixed while in beta and then everything seems great so it goes to live and BAM - something happens. Never ending cycle.

As for the veteran helmets, somehow during the customization/microtransaction setup, they magically started working again, so let’s hope it carries over to the live game crosses fingers

• @Kimiko:

As for the veteran helmets, somehow during the customization/microtransaction setup, they magically started working again, so let’s hope it carries over to the live game crosses fingers

That’s precisely the issue with your band of novices… YOU RELY ON ‘MAGIC’ INSTEAD OF SKILLS !

• @Junanagou:

@Kimiko:

That’s precisely the issue with your band of novices… YOU RELY ON ‘MAGIC’ INSTEAD OF SKILLS !

Magic is the wave of the future xD

• @ChuckingIt:

The next customization patch will fix all the hoopla with the helmets as well as add new ones.

Somebody add that to their sig so we can laugh at Chuck. Veteran helms haven’t worked for me for a year.

My sig is full.

• Global Moderator

@Ready:

@lemonater47:

Now randomly they do.

Hahahaha! Finally when vet helms start working on the servers i play on a bug prevents me from wearing them. Oh the irony!

The strange is we didn’t touch the servers to my knowledge. And I don’t think TBS did anything. But they just started working when you select them.

Though there’s that other bug that’s always been there thatserines prevents you from selecting there.

Beforehand you could select them and nothing happened.

They worked on official servers but there’s only 3 of them all with horrible ping.